Appendicitis sucks Lmao (1 Viewer)

PlayerADK

Flush
Reaction score
I've had gas pains in the past, so I waited a long time to finally go to the hospital.

Thursday I had the pains, no loss of appetite, slept fine but still took the day off work.

Friday I was in pretty bad pain all day - couldn't sleep at all - tried pepto + puked it up. Tried gas x but it didn't help. Tried sleeping but just tossed and turned all day until 930pm when the pain was excruciating. Said to my fiancé "Ok it's probably time to go to the hospital" hahaha

Get to the hospital, they figure out pretty quickly (and took a scan) to determine it was appendicitis. Scheduled my surgery for 9am this morning - during the surgery they discovered that the appendix had burst pain was really bad all morning so they guessed it had burst this morning.

They cleaned everything out - surgery went well. Resting up now!

Anyone else have stories/experiences of appendicitis??

When I had mine out in 87 it was brutal major surgery at 1 am in emergency room at mass general. Things have come a long way since then.

I’ve heard that it can be REALLY painful. Glad you’re on the mend!

My sister in law just had a similar experience. Went to the hospital, said it was her appendix but here intestines were too inflamed to operate. Poor girl was in pain for a week+. It’s now been about 6 weeks and still no operation?

Here’s another nugget to take away from this story. She was on pain meds in the hospital. A hospital worker walks in to take her for her surgery. She’s totally out of it. Luckily my bro in law was there and said no, she’s not scheduled for a surgery. They had her name correct but for a different procedure altogether. ALWAYS have someone with you!

I was in the hospital for 9 day with gall stones. I had pancreatitis. The pancreas starts to digest its self because its food digesting enzymes have where to go due to stones blocking the duct to the intestines. Very painful and they kept me knocked out for the first 2 days.

Crazy stories! I feel pretty lucky that I can get into the hospital + be out in a couple days!

Mongoose - crazy about almost getting the wrong surgery!

Unfortunately, it’s not the first time that I’ve heard of people getting or almost getting a surgery that wasn’t meant for them

Another time my uncle was in the hospital. Hospital staff walks in and says good morning sir here’s you breakfast. My uncle responds, “I’m scheduled for surgery, I’m not suppose to eat 8 hours before!”

I’m telling yah......

I had appendicitis 6 days after I turned 21. I just figured it was an ulcer from being on about a 3 week bender. I worked for a used furniture store at the time, had to deliver 2 couches and a king size bed that morning. I remember riding in the passenger seat in a fetal position to each stop, after the last one my buddy says "I've had an ulcer before, you don't have an ulcer you need to go the hospital" when we got back from the deliveries I finally called my mom who was an RN for 20+ yrs at the time and she told me it sounded like appendicitis and go to the hospital. I was 3 hrs from home so I said if I'm gonna go to the hospital I'll drive home and go to yours. So I drove 3 hrs home, they run a bunch of tests (rural hospital so no CT on site) finally the surgeon says we are going to do exploratory surgery, and they found it. Supposedly a couple of hours ish away from rupture.

I was in the hospital for 9 day with gall stones. I had pancreatitis. The pancreas starts to digest its self because its food digesting enzymes have where to go due to stones blocking the duct to the intestines. Very painful and they kept me knocked out for the first 2 days.

After surgery the doctors said I couldn't eat spicy food or drink alcohol. Wrong !!! Hot wings and Canadian on the rocks are my favs !!

Ran into some pretty serious complications and needed a 2nd surgery today - got a few tubes in me now but the pain is much better now. Hopefully I'll be able to get the tubes out tomorrow!

Thanks everybody for the kind words!

Glad to hear you’re on the mend. :tup:

Mine ruptured on the golf course back in 86’. Took me down like a Mike Tyson punch. They scraped me out, sewed me up, then it got reinfected and I ( my wife) had to change the packing 3-4 times a day while it healed from the inside out for 7 weeks. Lot of misery for a fairly useless organ.

Glad to hear you’re on the mend. :tup:

Mine ruptured on the golf course back in 86’. Took me down like a Mike Tyson punch. They scraped me out, sewed me up, then it got reinfected and I ( my wife) had to change the packing 3-4 times a day while it healed from the inside out for 7 weeks. Lot of misery for a fairly useless organ.
That sucks! I am nervous about infections but in taking all the proper antibiotics so hopefully I will recover well. Probably different antibiotics in 1986 but glad to hear you recovered slowly but surely! Thanks for the well wishes!

Just had my JP tube pulled and that was the worst experience of my life. I think I just got unlucky with it's positioning. So incredibly glad I'm finally done with the tubes and I can stop worrying about it! Just a few stitches to pull in 11 days!

Yikes! Glad you made it through.

I am two weeks removed, today, from my 3rd surgery in 18 months. I am hopeful it is the last. My torso looks like I was in a knife fight.

At any rate, hang in there. Time is the best healer and it sounds like you have a great attitude about it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom