Wanted Anyone got a few left over @Gear labels going spare? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi There,

I have now invested in a milling setup (first in the UK? Probably not :) ) and wondered if anyone has a couple of labels going spare to help me set my milling depth? Anything will do (I have a 7/8" bit) happy to cover cost / postage of course.

Ta
Chris

Chris, I think I got some stuff I can send you.

Similarly I have an entire extra sheet or two of Gear 7/8” labels if you need. I would just need to know by end of day as I will be out of town tomorrow for an extended period.

Similarly I have an entire extra sheet or two of Gear 7/8” labels if you need. I would just need to know by end of day as I will be out of town tomorrow for an extended period.
Will let you know - sounds like @PocketAces might have some and as they are in the UK thats very easy.

Chris

I just measured a murdered chip with a micrometer and came up with .0225mm on one chip and .0235 on another. Might be a good depth to start.

I have a mirage cash set laminated texture labels I’m not going to use.
Thanks for the offer! I have a couple of offers from the UK now so hopefully one of those pans out and its obviously really easy on postage. Will certainly ping you if that falls through.

Also looking to train my daughters (17/16) to do this as a summer holiday job!

Chris

Thanks for the offer! I have a couple of offers from the UK now so hopefully one of those pans out and its obviously really easy on postage. Will certainly ping you if that falls through.

Also looking to train my daughters (17/16) to do this as a summer holiday job!

Chris
There you go!!! Get the kids working, work smarter, not harder. :cool ;)

There you go!!! Get the kid working, work smarter, not harder. :cool ;)
They are currently experts at oiling chips.

This is their current work stack :)

IMG_0166.jpg

I just measured a murdered chip with a micrometer and came up with .0225mm on one chip and .0235 on another. Might be a good depth to start.
I think you have messed up the units in some way. 0.0225 mm == less than a thousandth of an inch, 0.000885" ??

Maybe you meant 0.0225 inch = 22.5 thousandths aka 22.5 mils, which is pretty deep ... perhaps the decimal point is in the wrong place, 0.225 mm == 0.008 inch?

Last edited:
I think you have messed up the units in some way. 0.0225 mm == less than a thousandth of an inch, 0.000885" ??

Maybe you meant 0.0225 inch = 22.5 thousandths aka 22.5 mils, which is pretty deep ... perhaps the decimal point is in the wrong place, 0.225 mm == 0.008 inch?
Yup was in inches. .0225 inch sorry, just measured my murdered THC chip and that is what is coming out too. Which is .58mm on my digital micrometer.

Apparently exactly the same - just the UK name for it! 'Mineral Oil' in the UK means something very different I think.

From a quick google ""Mineral oil", sold widely and cheaply in the US, is not sold as such in Britain. Instead, British pharmacologists use the terms "paraffinum perliquidum" for light mineral oil and "paraffinum liquidum" or "paraffinum subliquidum" for somewhat more viscous varieties."

Best
Chris

So how many mils thick are your thickest, laminated labels?

Yup was in inches. .0225 inch sorry, just measured my murdered THC chip and that is what is coming out too. Which is .58mm on my digital micrometer.
Hey Jester - sorry old thread but now milling and just want to sanity check my work!!!

Old practice roulette THC coming in at 3.228 mm thick pre milling. And 2.147mm once milled at thinnest point so 1.081mm chip removed so 0.5405mm depth on each side created for the label. Is that what you were measuring when you said 0.58?

Very Best
Chris

IMG_0481.jpg

@JesterTX

A beautiful site.

I have lots of extras but I am away from home where they are for two and a half weeks. If you don’t find any by then, let me know.

Hey Jester - sorry old thread but now milling and just want to sanity check my work!!!

Old practice roulette THC coming in at 3.228 mm thick pre milling. And 2.147mm once milled at thinnest point so 1.081mm chip removed so 0.5405mm depth on each side created for the label. Is that what you were measuring when you said 0.58?

Very Best
Chris

View attachment 741678

@JesterTX
.58mm using my micrometer

After I murdered the chips, I was measuring .58 mm on a Paulson THC and on a murdered WTHC T500I got .59-.60mm avg. depth. I was able to pull off a whole WTHC label and that was measuring .43mm.

Does this mean that there will be milling services offered here in the UK soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom