• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Anyone ever dealt with this before? (1 Viewer)

HughDrackman

Two Pair
Reaction score
Just won an auction today, and as soon as it was over, I got this message from the seller.

IMG_2871.jpeg

Has anyone ever dealt with this before? Should I report this person to eBay? Am I getting scammed?

Just won an auction today, and as soon as it was over, I got this message from the seller.

View attachment 1209990

Has anyone ever dealt with this before? Should I report this person to eBay? Am I getting scammed?
Yup; they didnt set a reserve price and aren't happy with the final bid. Message back and say you'll be reporting it.

This has happened to me a few of times this year, only with BIN or Best Offer type listing.

Last month I won 3 BIN listings for some chips that were underpriced. The seller cancelled the sale the next day because they received a flood of messages/offers for more money.

I had this happen with a best offer type eBay listing as well. Where the buyer accepted my offer only to cancel the order and sell to someone else who offered more via PM after the listing was over.

eBay will not do anything if your report the listing. But you can leave negative feedback.

The other thing to consider is that eBay already processed my payment. I guess I need to contact them directly about a refund?
Once the seller cancels the transaction, eBay will refund you. The seller will also get a refund for the fees. You can still report them as it will go on their record. If it becomes a frequent occurrence for them, eBay may suspend their account.

So was it the sale these TRKs? I was kind of half watching them, but when I saw they sold and then were relisted immediately by the same seller at over 2x the price, I figured the scumbag seller was screwing someone over. Not much you can do, but I would definitely report him and give a bad review/rating. Looks like he has pulled similar crap before.

IMG_3988.jpeg
IMG_3989.jpeg

Last edited:
So was the sale these TRKs? I was kind of half watching them, but when I saw they sold and then got relisted, I figured the scumbag seller was screwing someone over. Not much you could do but I would definitely report him and give a bad review/rating. Looks like he’s pulled similar crap before.

View attachment 1210009View attachment 1210010

Those are the ones. I messaged him back saying that he’s crazy if he thinks anyone is going to pay $750 for those. I checked his positive reviews, and almost all of them are as a buyer. As a seller, he’s got a history of scum bagism.

So was the sale these TRKs? I was kind of half watching them, but when I saw they sold and then got relisted, I figured the scumbag seller was screwing someone over. Not much you could do but I would definitely report him and give a bad review/rating. Looks like he’s pulled similar crap before.

View attachment 1210009View attachment 1210010
Well, if you haven’t got your money back he’s listing stolen goods looks like.

eBay frowns on that

He simply doesn't want to pay the reserve fee since it was a surprise to him, then if he is new to selling I get it but don't do it from now. Relisting then wow he is a scumbag.

Even item doesn't sell, they charge 8% fee for reserve which is BS. I never do it and don't, it's worse than insurance on blackjack. Only to benefit feebay.

Yeah, eBay sucks for charging fees on everything, hurts buyers in the long run, but they don't care as we all know.

Cancel --> 0.00 transaction --> 8% reserve fee * 0.00 = 0.00 fee

Oh and they charge 2% for international buyers who made an account outside of US, even shipping address is US and payments are made in USD. There isn't a way I know to disable international registered buyers... Just an international address.

Oh and they charge 2% for international buyers who made an account outside of US, even shipping address is US and payments are made in USD. There isn't a way I know to disable international registered buyers... Just an international address.

Wow, that is BS. Didn't know sellers were charged for me being german... But even as that sucks, i am still kinda glad that there isn't a way to lock me out :ninja:

Follow up: The seller canceled the sale with eBay. Made a big deal about how much they were charging him to cancel. The guy’s an asshat. Worst of all, now that the sale is canceled, it won’t let me leave feedback.
Wouldn't it be funny if he got more for the chips, but not enough to cover the cancellation fees? I would laugh so hard.

These have been listed for a long time on different platforms. I had a deal for them for 200 dollars like a year ago lol. Then he thought they were worth a ton and has been trying to sell them on like every platform for a year. I don’t know if he actually ever sold them or not but I still see the listings pop up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom