PSA: eBay now has text-recognition in PM, here's a tip (1 Viewer)

inapinch

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
If you’re like me, sometimes I like to ask if a seller is willing to sell outside of eBay. Especially for high price items (I’m personally opposed to getting taxed on used stuff.)

Well, eBay now has text recognition for images sent in PM. I was able to use images to ask sellers all last year, but that’s all changed this year. For example, you write up a text message on your phone, screenshot it, and send the image to the seller in an pm — this image will get flagged and will not be sent to the seller.

However, there’s a way around it. This has worked for me recently, and wanted to share!

Create the same screenshot and add hand-drawn letters over the text, and then change the transparency so it’s nearly invisible.

Here’s a walkthrough

Image 1 — this will get flagged and will not send to seller
IMG_6139.png

Image 2 — will not get flagged, but might be confusing
IMG_6139.jpeg

Image 3 — will not get flagged, but you can try changing the transparency to be nearly invisible
IMG_6139.jpeg

Last edited:
I copied this post to ask ChatGPT if what you said was accurate.

It said, yes, but then it thanked me for sharing, because as an AI language model it learns from user input.

So I'm sorry?
You reported me to skynet? I’m reporting you to Tommy. Eye for an eye.

Yeah they do for a few years but they won’t read your image as of now if it’s handwritten. Screenshot of business card/collector card works if it’s taken as a picture (not saved image as they can read).

However, this and the method mentioned in the original thread won’t work in the near future. We need to come up with our own language.

Gmail.com -> G Mailcom
Yahoo.com -> Y Ahoo Com
?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom