Anyone else crawling back in the hole? (1 Viewer)

Most of my players are guys from work. Here in NY, the state reimbursed employers for paying the employees 4 paid hours so they could leave work early and go to their vaccination appointments. I know who has been vaccinated and who has not. It has affected the invite list.
I’m waiting to restart my game until next year, greetings fellow buffalonian!

Limiting my hosting to a small group vaxed players and avoiding larger multi table fields. It sucks and I’m conflicted about it. Just trying to do my part in limiting the spread.

I did manage to make it to a card room once just before Delta took root.

I do very much miss the pre-pandemic days.

Limiting tournament play, but still doing a couple cash games. That said... I am now VERY aware of how close I am to players at the table! LOL!

It's been hard to get our regular game spun up again. We're all vaccinated and some of us has kids who hadn't had their shots yet. I'm guessing after everyone has had their vaccines things will creak back to normal.

I really REALLY want to put these chips into play!

I was in Florida for the last year riding out Covid… people act like it doesn’t exist there! But I wasn’t out much until I was vaccinated. The numbers were still high, but went everywhere after vax and have been fine!

It's been hard to get our regular game spun up again. We're all vaccinated and some of us has kids who hadn't had their shots yet. I'm guessing after everyone has had their vaccines things will creak back to normal.

I really REALLY want to put these chips into play!

Something tells me that if your kids are going back to in person learning at school, you should be just as safe hosting an all-vaxed poker game. My opinion only.

For all the talk, it still appears to me if you are vaccinated you are likely to stay out of the hospital. So my habits haven't changed much. At this point I think vaccination rates are as good as it's going to get, those that don't have it I hope are at peace with the risk.

But I don't think it makes any sense to wait for vax rates to improve.

Case numbers don't concern me as much as they did pre vax, and the fact is the vax may not stop you from being "a case" but it will generally stop you from requiring hospitalization.

As long as that holds true, I am sticking to business as usual.

I'm not. Like most I've opened up to double vaxxed friends to protect families with in vaxxed kids at home.

Yah ok Sure
You wana start a fist fight because people wana be uninformed sheep have at it.
Pretty fkng scummy dude.
first off toolbox I wasn’t laughing at anyone in the hospital.
there is a difference in being in the hospital and being a sheep.
my buddies wife is in the hospital too.
guess what. Living in a hole didn’t help.
a few here I’m fine if they covered the hole in honestly.
And if masks work why aren’t they working for everyone catching Covid here.
you can’t piss in your back yard without a mask and you get 100 a day catch Covid with an 85% vaccination rate.
Funny I don’t see talk here about what helps ACTUALLY like be healthy
Get exercise.
take your vitamins
Know where a medical center is with therapeutic treatment like regeniron in case you are high risk or get a low oxygen level. It’s what likely saved his wife not your stupid fkng masks.
but keep living in fear uninformed.

i was actually laughing at how cavalier people are with such little safeguards in their life. I mean really.

I for one wear a life jacket in the shower now
And now have seat belts on all my lawn chairs
Never can be too careful

If you come in my house you must wear a helmet in case you trip

Cars in my driveway can only be driven at idle speed, any Accelerator use is not allowed

We’ve had more deaths here in Guam by suicide than Covid in the past 7 moths, 18 so far. But no one says a word about a seriously concerning trend thats happening across America now thanks to people livelihoods ruined and people turning to drugs right now.
but stay in your hole. No one has ended the flu in 100 years but if you think you are smarter than the flu in a hole good luck to you. You might wana get some knowledge to be ready for Covid. Cause like the flu eventually everyone will get one form of it or the other. My 103 year old grand mother got Covid. She was also healthy and slept through it after given therapeutics for being at risk. Have fun in your hole.
And no I’m not like ANTI vaccine I got it even though I know at 40 and with zero issues it’s not needed. And not slowing down the spread here either right now with nearly 85% vaccination rate here it’s as many cases or more a day as in the Peak last July
I wasn’t looking to start a fistfight. All I did was post that I’m taking things seriously and trying to evaluate as the situation evolves. You laughed at me. And I noticed you laughed at others who had posted similar things. So I was calling you out as a jerk for laughing at us. If you think that’s the same as a fistfight, I disagree.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom