Anybody else think we should stop using the words "spot progression?" (1 Viewer)

it only matters to those who it matters too. It doesnt matter to those who don't care. BUT, since it matters to some, verbiage remains
f0832a3f-41d1-4564-b6c1-e6103cf13c06_text.gif

If someone shows you a chip and asks you if you like it, you tell them you can't tell until you see the set in it's entirety?
I can like an individual chip and still not want it in a set.

Besides, my comment was intended to be humorous and hypothetical, not necessarily my own actual feelings.

Beautiful chips! I can see where the 8th pies would be more manual input for CPC. But surely you were joking about the $50-75 per chip... Or did you mean $5-7?

I thought it would be like those 8 spot all different color chips someone has here. But I don’t even know if those would cast that much

Beautiful chips! I can see where the 8th pies would be more manual input for CPC. But surely you were joking about the $50-75 per chip... Or did you mean $5-7?

not joking at all. It was a major favor for David to make them himself. There is something like a 90% failure rate and labor isn’t cheap. We were talking about another possible spot pattern to try and then Covid put the brakes on the next set for now.

I do love when most threads, whatever the subject matter, eventually end up being a showcase for fantastic chip pRon.

carry on.

I was mindful of spot progression for my Cali set

No spot, 2 spot, 3 spot, 4 spot

View attachment 849743
I feel like I’m being set up here.
Let me start our by saying I love the inlay. Like big time love. The colors, the font, everything that’s going on makes me smile.
That said, if your progression is 2, 3, 4, then what happened with the $100?

Let me start our by saying I love the inlay. Like big time love. The colors, the font, everything that’s going on makes me smile.
Still looking for a better chip

A8B3EF9F-68BD-4DC6-8D5D-477355CA01A3.jpeg

I agree...that @joeyshin dude is setting you up. But I personally think this is the greatest spot progression EVER!!

20200808_161410-2.jpg

Couldn't agree more. When contemplating a custom set, I put all my money on the workhorse chip; either the $1 or $5 chip for my cash games. I won't spend money for level 5 or 6 $100 denominated chips (heck even a $25 chip) when those chips rarely see the felt. Summary: Spot progression makes little sense to me for chips to sit in a case.
I started buying samples and a set a month ago. I might get back into poker. I did play a few tourneys at the Sahara many yrs. ago.
I purchased from BRPro a set of Royal Flush chips. 1/150 5/150 25/100 50/50 and 100/50. I am sure I made a mistake with denominations and quantity.
Doubt if any or some will hit the table. All I can say I like contributing feedback and getting response good or bad (critical).

Just saying that on the felt, spot progression is virtually unnoticeable. Only in a line-up is it ever apparent.

YMMV, but the ES frac is one of the best looking chips in all of history. A limit set of these would be mind blowing.
View attachment 828352

But those the tout spot progression have little use for this chip. You simply aren't going to progress forward from this chip. Does that make it ugly then?

...and yes, I know some people hate this chip. They are allowed to be wrong. ;)
If you are happy with the above chip, then why should you care. I like the chip for what it is.

Hmmmmm.....Tommy might disagree.;):ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 828478
Nice chip.

If someone shows you a chip and asks you if you like it, you tell them you can't tell until you see the set in it's entirety?
Interesting reply. There are chips I really like in a set and some that I don't care for.
I have sample sets and I won't ask.
Just show the chip and wait for a response.

I agree...that @joeyshin dude is setting you up. But I personally think this is the greatest spot progression EVER!!

View attachment 849762
I look at this as a hobby. I am not gonna go hog wild. I will buy what I want and if I find players then good. I am content to read a few poker problems from books as well as solving cryptograms and trying to find good premiums to write covered call options. At 62, I want to keep enjoying life in moderation.
Life ain't a dress rehearsal.

I look at this as a hobby. I am not gonna go hog wild. I will buy what I want and if I find players then good. I am content to read a few poker problems from books as well as solving cryptograms and trying to find good premiums to write covered call options. At 62, I want to keep enjoying life in moderation.
Life ain't a dress rehearsal.
I completely agree. Although, I'm going to check in with you next year. Hopefully you're one of the strong willed ones....something I clearly failed at...LOL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom