Any suggestions? Seller issue! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokerMike

Two Pair
Reaction score
not sure where to post this.

I made a purchase from a member and it arrived today . The box has numerous rips and cuts. Chips are falling out!

I sell medical equipment on eBay. I know how to package things for handling by worthless government employees!

However, I spent $1800.00 and this clown packaged my purchase as if it had zero value!

What should I do? I haven't even opened the box yet. Chips are falling out of the a large cut in the side...

I cannot believe it!

Usually try to contact the seller and resolve it, most people are very good at compensating for lost/damaged chips. If you don't get a response in a reasonable time it's ok to call people out, but I resort to name calling and public shaming as a last step. Good luck!

Usually try to contact the seller and resolve it, most people are very good at compensating for lost/damaged chips. If you don't get a response in a reasonable time it's ok to call people out, but I resort to name calling and public shaming as a last step. Good luck!

Great! My first transaction on this site! BS!

Did you try to contact him first and not get a response from him before starting this thread?

I've made over 30 transactions as a buyer and seller without a single transgression.

You should take pictures of the box in the condition that it arrived to you prior to opening it. Then pictures of the product.

IMG_4391.JPG
IMG_4393.JPG
IMG_4396.JPG
IMG_4397.JPG
IMG_4399.JPG
IMG_4402.JPG
IMG_4403.JPG
IMG_4394.JPG

You should take pictures of the box in the condition that it arrived to you prior to opening it. Then pictures of the product.

I have but I am not going to open the box! I am sick to my stomach right now! $1800 of bs!

Sucks you are having a bad experience especially for $1800 worth of chips. Chips should have been double boxed and with plenty of padding inside considering the high value inside. I would have taped the entire box also. Hopefully this was insured.

Hopefully you and the seller can come to a resolution soon.

Sorry to hear. Things like this have happened before, (but usually not from seasoned chippers here on PCF). Best course of action is 1) take lots of pictures before and after opening; 2) inventory chips (missing, damaged?, intact). take more photos.

I'd recommend posting some photos on this thread, as you might get some valuable feedback if others can see the damage first-hand before recommending a course of action.

On this thread, keep name calling out of it until it can be determined what specifically caused the damage (bad packing, mis-handling from shipper, both, etc.)

At some point, after documenting and inventorying damage. Contact the seller to discuss. See if the seller took out additional insurance for full contents on the package. Depending on the extent of damage, work out a partial or full refund with the seller.

Sucks you are having a bad experience especially for $1800 worth of chips. Chips should have been double boxed and with plenty of padding inside. I would have taped the entire box also. Hopefully this was insured.

Hopefully you and the seller can come to a resolution soon.

The dumbass didn't insure it! Single piece of tape on top and a single piece on the bottom for the weight of 1300 chips!!!

This is why we don't use large flat rate boxes...too much weight.

That said, you haven't opened the box? USPS is not delicate, the chips may be very well packaged and intact inside there.

Tape tape tape tape tape tape. Can't say it enough. Sorry this happened to you. Hopefully there will be a positive outcome.

That said, you haven't opened the box? USPS is not delicate, the chips may be very well packaged and intact inside there.
Yeah, I'd have a hard time shipping more then 1k per box...

I have but I am not going to open the box! I am sick to my stomach right now!
At some point, you will have to open the box to inventory the full extent of damage and/or missing chips.

Let me tell one shipping story I had, which I first had a bad experience, but it turned into a positive one. I bought a nice set of ceramic chips, they had been packed well, but some of the chips shifted around the packing peanuts near one corner, and that corner of the box was dented in. (looked like mishandling by shipping company/post office). When I opened the package, the first few chips were broken (4 or 5) but it turned out that's all that were damaged. I took pics, and communicated with the seller, and he went out of his way to find a few replacement chips for me, as others in PCF had the same chips, and spare chips, and took care of things.

Another package I got through eBay had chips thrown into a plastic tub (like the large jelly bean tubs) -- 8 chips were broken competely, and about 20-30 had small 'flea bites' that broke off of the sides of the chip, however most of the chips were in generally good condition, and the eBay seller gave me a partial refund, which was more than enough to account for the damaged chips.

I'd say there's also a difference if the set had exactly 100 chips of one denomination, and 4 were broken/missing, than if the set had 213 of a denomination and 4 were broken and missing.

Pictures like those make me sick, mostly because it's so avoidable:
  • double-walled box
  • all contents packed in such a way they cannot ever become loose items
  • ample interior padding to the point where nothing moves
  • tape 100% of all box sides and seams
  • address on more than one side (and inside) of box, and taped over
Anything less is either stupidity or laziness.

You should always contact the seller and try and work things out before starting these types of "call them out" threads. I have received packages that due to no fault of the sender looked in worse condition than those in your picture. The USPS can do some terrible things to packages.

Due to some great packing, the contents were safe and sound despite the outward appearance. Document everything and check the contents. It might not be as bad as you think. Even if it is, most PCF'rs will try to make things right.

Pictures like those make me sick, mostly because it's so avoidable:
  • double-walled box
  • all contents packed in such a way they cannot ever become loose items
  • ample interior padding to the point where nothing moves
  • tape 100% of all box sides and seams
  • address on more than one side (and inside) of box, and taped over
Anything less is either stupidity or laziness.
STUPID AND LAZY!!!

Agree with this, I don't like using the large FRB. I'd rather send two medium boxes.

Someone mentioned double boxing? I tried doing this once and couldn't get the box closed so haven't tried it since.

I'd say there's also a difference if the set had exactly 100 chips of one denomination, and 4 were broken/missing, than if the set had 213 of a denomination and 4 were broken and missing.

I cheat on this aspect: If there's 213, I will list 208 or similar just in case some get damaged. If they all make it, they get extras for free. Either way, no complaints (usually...)

I have three people that sell for me on eBay. I had to train all of them about proper packaging. I do understand if the guy who sold me the chips was a rookie. He is not!

Based on the return address, I know the seller and can say that he is a stand up guy and member. I think you should give him the opportunity to respond... Knowing him, I am pretty damn sure he will make this right.

I cheat on this aspect: If there's 213, I will list 208 or similar just in case some get damaged. If they all make it, they get extras for free. Either way, no complaints (usually...)

I do that in my business. If I sell someone a lot of 100 I always give 5% for just in case

I have three people that sell for me on eBay. I had to train all of them about proper packaging. I do understand if the guy who sold me the chips was a rookie. He is not!

Still haven't answered the question of you've reached it to the seller or not.

If you haven't, your just wasting everyone's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom