Any Interest in a Table Build-Off ? (1 Viewer)

Bill

Flush
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been attempted before....

Any amateur table builders interested in having a Table Build-Off?

There could be different categories for judging and have some of the pro builders (you know who you are) on the forum pick the winner(s).

Thinking out loud - there could be categories based on shape/size, budget, components, etc.

Maybe have 30 days to complete the builds.

Any thoughts?

We did this over at Keen's poker table forum a few times. If you can get a sponsor to donate a prize to the winner, it helps to drum up more interest. You'd likely need to leave it open for a few months to get enough entries.

This used to be common at old poker table forums, but that's when people were building tables left, right and center, and not just basic stuff. Nowadays there's much less tables being built so in reality I don't think it would be do-able unless it was open for many months.

If you can get a sponsor to donate a prize to the winner, it helps to drum up more interest.

I am willing to donate aluminum cup holders to the winner (to be installed on the table, and y'know, I'll need to keep the table.)

I'd be interested, but I'd need more than 30 days. It is my busy time at work and I don't have a lot of free time right now. That said, if you'd use Chan's suggestion and leave it open for several months, I'd definitely be in.

What if you put a cap on price (materials, + labor) and then sold raffle tickets. Winner of the build off gets the raffle money and winner of the raffle gets the table. Anyone who didn't win could sell/raffle their table separately.

What if you put a cap on price (materials, + labor) and then sold raffle tickets. Winner of the build off gets the raffle money and winner of the raffle gets the table. Anyone who didn't win could sell/raffle their table separately.

Interesting idea...

I was thinking the raffle would give the builder the opportunity for a sale. But there could be two divisions: For sale and not for sale.

Interesting idea indeed, but shipping might be an issue for someone who doesn't package poker tables for a living. Shipping materials/construction for something 1-off could be a pain to deal with as opposed to someone like T-Chan who has it down to a science that we take for granted.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom