Another Tuesday Night hand #1 (2 Viewers)

Chippy McChiperson

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
I have 3 more hands for you all to analyze from last night's game. The first one occurs fairly early on, with 7 players seated and is PLO (we play a Big O/PLO/NLHE rotation).

UTG is the big stack ($709), he can be very agrey-sive. plays a lot of hands and when he does he always raises, so he has a wide pre-flop range. He makes up for this by having a very good awareness of where he is in hands, and he uses this knowledge and his aggressiveness to push people to make difficult decisions.

UTG pots to $1.75.

UTG +1 ($151) is the tightest player at the table, but he's not afraid to mix it up when he has good hands. Usually let's the aggressive people hang themselves.

UTG +1 folds.

HJ ($247.25) hasn't played as often lately with the group. He tends to be more passive, which can at times get him in trouble.

HJ calls $1.75

CO ($384.75) is another very aggressive player, and possibly the best player at the table when he's on his game. Sometimes makes seemingly light calls in big pots though, which has its advantages and disadvantages. It does make it difficult to bluff him though.

CO 3-bets to $7.75

Hero ($369.25) on the button is down about $150 from a failed hero call on CO earlier in the night, looks down and sees :5s::kc::jc::ks:.

SB ($306.25) is as laggy as they get. Can be way up or way stuck.

BB ($227.25) is another very solid player, more in the TAG style, but not afraid to push it with his good hands.

Hero's action?

following the 3 bet, I think proper play would be to call, although I think most would 4 bet to get stacks in. Ideally you want to get heads up with this hand IF you can.

If they are good and tight players, I would tend to play for stacks its likely you'll loose a few players with this raise. If they are not good players or gambol-y they are not going to fold and you should just call.

My past 2 sessions I've had aces and playing for stacks with 2 other ppl, one with Aces and one with Live cards, live cards have won both times.

I suck at PLO....and I would call here. So you shouldnt do this.....
Nobody get any ideas though.... I'm on the learning path!
16486563253176927074336575319417.jpg

I suck at PLO....and I would call here. So you shouldnt do this....

This lineup seems hard. Find a better game? Anything that I am playing in sounds about right.
Hey hey hey I'd like to think I'm at least part of the reason it's a hard lineup lol

That hand is right on the cusp for flatting and re-potting for me.
I guess I for sure don’t want to put in all in pre, with these 4 cards. And since we’ve had a pot and a repot and two left to act, I guess I’m flatting.

To me, UTG’s raise is almost meaningless, because he plays so many pots, and he never limps. Cutoff’s raise means he probably has a decent hand, and has good position, but it isn’t necessarily indicative of a monster. With a pretty good hand and the button I decide to pot it to $27.50 here. If get 5 bet I can think about folding, but if I’m only raising aces in this spot my hand is face up.

Both blinds fold, UTG calls, HJ folds, Cutoff calls. Pot is $85, flop is :7s::9c::3c:. UTG checks, CO checks. Hero?

To me, UTG’s raise is almost meaningless, because he plays so many pots, and he never limps. Cutoff’s raise means he probably has a decent hand, and has good position, but it isn’t necessarily indicative of a monster. With a pretty good hand and the button I decide to pot it to $27.50 here. If get 5 bet I can think about folding, but if I’m only raising aces in this spot my hand is face up.

Both blinds fold, UTG calls, HJ folds, Cutoff calls. Pot is $85, flop is :7s::9c::3c:. UTG checks, CO checks. Hero?
I think you have to pot there, right?
Nobody’s made a hand yet, you’ve a draw to second nut flush, and your kings are probably ahead at this point.

Fold pre>Call>Four bet. You're trying to nut peddle with second best nuts on two suits into a three bet pot. This has never worked out for me in my limited experience. If you four bet and get five bet on, you may as well have lit that money on fire. Calling is fine to see what develops, but you're almost never ahead here preflop with these holdings.

Pre-flop I think you call the 3-bet for pot control - especially if you were deeper. At this stack size, 4-bet isn't bad though. Ideally we'd all love suits to the ace, more connected broadways, etc. but this is a decent starter.

Suited kings can definitely get one in trouble, though. If you were deeper I'd definitely flat the 3-bet. As @DrStrange said you don't want to be playing for big stacks against hands that call you here.

On the flop, you mention these two players as being aggressive. How do their checks out of position/multi way "feel"? Are they capable of check raising?

This flop is rather coordinated, and you're going to get calls from wrap hands that have decent equity against you, and maybe even some two pair hands that may have you in a little bit of trouble.

How do they view your play? I have one guy in my game who ALWAYS pots when checked to on the button, and trapping him in these situations is practically automatic.

But, again given the stack size here, I think your fold equity plus your actual equity here means it's +EV to place a bet on the larger size - either 2/3 or Pot. If they check raise you're cringe calling.

Pre-flop I think you call the 3-bet for pot control - especially if you were deeper. At this stack size, 4-bet isn't bad though. Ideally we'd all love suits to the ace, more connected broadways, etc. but this is a decent starter.

Suited kings can definitely get one in trouble, though. If you were deeper I'd definitely flat the 3-bet. As @DrStrange said you don't want to be playing for big stacks against hands that call you here.

On the flop, you mention these two players as being aggressive. How do their checks out of position/multi way "feel"? Are they capable of check raising?

This flop is rather coordinated, and you're going to get calls from wrap hands that have decent equity against you, and maybe even some two pair hands that may have you in a little bit of trouble.

How do they view your play? I have one guy in my game who ALWAYS pots when checked to on the button, and trapping him in these situations is practically automatic.

But, again given the stack size here, I think your fold equity plus your actual equity here means it's +EV to place a bet on the larger size - either 2/3 or Pot. If they check raise you're cringe calling.
They are absolutely capable of check raising here, although I think UTG utilizes the check raise more often. I try to switch up my play, I certainly don’t always pot when checked to on the button. But for better insight on that you can ask @MatB lol

Do I even need to say it………..

Find a softer game (and I’m friends with all these guys, lol). I had to quit it, I’m not good enough :-(

You've got a str blocker, maybe the best edit draw, and there isn't a pat hand yet, with position, I'd pot it.

Last edited:
As the guy who’s game @Chippy McChiperson recently joined (not the one in this thread), I’m getting a little uncomfortable with all these “join a softer game” comments. Me thinks I resemble that remark. Lol
You would do fine in this game if you would embrace the variance. There are quite a few in your game who’d get smoked though lol

when I get my new table maybe I will host a big o/plo mix game for PCFers. I am taking notes though - on who does what with these hands. My table is a must move table - if ur a nit u must move …… out.
I'm sure that based on my comments I'd never get an invite. It's all good though. You'll find me at the kiddie table anyway! I play tight but can punt in these mixed games. At least it's only for two figures rather than four or five...

when I get my new table maybe I will host a big o/plo mix game for PCFers. I am taking notes though - on who does what with these hands. My table is a must move table - if ur a nit u must move …… out.

Im hardly a nit, and there is a lot of action in these games, but keep in mind the hands I’m posting are outliers, and also ones I am involved in, because I can explain my reasoning. Most of the hands arent this wild, although some nights are different than others…

You've got a str blocker, maybe the best edit draw, and there isn't a pat hand yet, with position, I'd pot it.
In my opinion, straight/wrap blockers are highly overrated in 4 and 5 cards games. Flush (ace blockers particularly) though I think are more helpful.

In my opinion, straight/wrap blockers are highly overrated in 4 and 5 cards games. Flush (ace blockers particularly) though I think are more helpful.
I concur but I think its part of the evaluation, trying to add value to that ugly dangler.

A call preflop, it could leave hands in the game with cards that hit this flop

I'm sure that based on my comments I'd never get an invite. It's all good though. You'll find me at the kiddie table anyway! I play tight but can punt in these mixed games. At least it's only for two figures rather than four or five...
I’m with you. I don’t mind embracing the variance, but these action junkies can be a bit much.

Im hardly a nit, and there is a lot of action in these games, but keep in mind the hands I’m posting are outliers, and also ones I am involved in, because I can explain my reasoning. Most of the hands arent this wild, although some nights are different than others…
Don’t worry….. u r on the “IN” list. Haha.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom