Another GB Coming - Need Input (1 Viewer)

Which setup do you prefer?

• A - mixed 39/43mm

Votes: 44 29.5%
  • B - All 39mm

Votes: 33 22.1%
  • C - All 43mm

Votes: 44 29.5%
  • D - Don’t care. Depends on the design.

Votes: 28 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Sun-Fly chips be customized with a personal label if one wanted to do so?

47722703-0634-49C8-8B96-DE0F9B6D044A.jpeg

Still hoping for some insight on the design before voting
I’m keeping things pretty tight. It’s going to be a while before I post any info. With the delays in communication and mail, I’m going to be submitting all the art to the producer first. Then having everything tested for color and such. Once I have good prototypes I’ll roll out the chips.
they will NOT be knockoffs of existing chips.

I’m keeping things pretty tight. It’s going to be a while before I post any info. With the delays in communication and mail, I’m going to be submitting all the art to the producer first. Then having everything tested for color and such. Once I have good prototypes I’ll roll out the chips.
they will NOT be knockoffs of existing chips.
Cool! I can understand that, and digging the mystery. Looking forward to it!

Cool! I can understand that, and digging the mystery. Looking forward to it!
Forgot to add. I also don’t want to screw with the GB @p5woody and @SUN-FLY Poker Chips have worked so hard to arrange. I’m not wanting to split any buyers with competition. So it’ll be sometime after that opens and closes. I will be reaching out to a few members here for some guidance.

I apologize if my comment about the Aria chips was out of line. I meant absolutely no disrespect or to bring any negativity to the table.

I apologize if my comment about the Aria chips was out of line. I meant absolutely no disrespect or to bring any negativity to the table.
Lol. No worries. I just wanted to end any talk of commems or tributes. I personally have issues with the Aria copies that were made. Yes, they were wonderfully done and they look fawesome. My issue is that they were even done in the first place. It’s a slippery slope when lines get crossed.

Lol. No worries. I just wanted to end any talk of commems or tributes. I personally have issues with the Aria copies that were made. Yes, they were wonderfully done and they look fawesome. My issue is that they were even done in the first place. It’s a slippery slope when lines get crossed.

I actually wasn’t aware of any Aria copies. I’m pretty new to this world, but I saw the Aria chips while watching some highlights of the SHRB on PokerGO and thought they looked great. Plus, I love the 6D14 Aurora Star hot-stamped chips.

I actually wasn’t aware of any Aria copies. I’m pretty new to this world, but I saw the Aria chips while watching some highlights of the SHRB on PokerGO and thought they looked great. Plus, I love the 6D14 Aurora Star hot-stamped chips.
ah. well you have great in chips. The Aria chips, especially the tourney are some of the best chips ever made. *drool*
I'm fairly certain there's a tread here about the knockoffs.

I think it depends on the chip, tbh.

What type of chip are you planning to put the design on? You have some choices here, and they're entirely up to you. Here's my opinion on each type. Anyone who has knowledge of Matsui chips, LMK your take, I'd love to make this a complete list.

Paulson: Okay, Paulson 43's IHC's are pretty Balls-out amazing, but they come with a caveat, they're expensive as hell. If you plan to pay a lot of money and spend a lot of time, do the 43's, or do 39's with 43's for higher denomination. There's nothing wrong with doing all 39's for Paulson.

CPC: 39mm is fine. They have 44mm chips but all of them only have 7/8" inlays and you will be paying A LOT for them.

ABC/BR Pro (full ceramic): This is a matter of personal preference. If you can swing it, do all 43's or hybrid mix the 39's and the 43's. The 43's have that much more wow factor.

Sunfly (ceramic hybrid): Okay, Sunfly 43's are like THE COOLEST CHIPS EVAR! plus they're only 4 cents more a chip (+15% tariff) from the 39mm if you do a group buy. If you're gonna do a Sunfly set, do a 43. Seriously, I love Sunfly 43's.

China Clay (Majestics, Royals): I usually don't mess with China Clays, but if you're going to do that, I've heard great things about the Royals. The Dunes and Majestics are good for a budget set but again the 43's are just more fun all around.

Matsui: I'm sorry, I've never held a Matsui chip. Maybe the fine people here can tell you about that one.

Dice Chips: Yeah, right. If you're thinking dice chips, just don't bother.

Storage isn't that bad. There's two good ways you can store them. Get Matsui racks which pop up from time to time here or get some Bud Jones 43mm chips and a Harbor Freight 3800 case. Either way your chips will be nice and snug.

I think it depends on the chip, tbh.

What type of chip are you planning to put the design on? You have some choices here, and they're entirely up to you. Here's my opinion on each type. Anyone who has knowledge of Matsui chips, LMK your take, I'd love to make this a complete list.

Paulson: Okay, Paulson 43's IHC's are pretty Balls-out amazing, but they come with a caveat, they're expensive as hell. If you plan to pay a lot of money and spend a lot of time, do the 43's, or do 39's with 43's for higher denomination. There's nothing wrong with doing all 39's for Paulson.

CPC: 39mm is fine. They have 44mm chips but all of them only have 7/8" inlays and you will be paying A LOT for them.

ABC/BR Pro (full ceramic): This is a matter of personal preference. If you can swing it, do all 43's or hybrid mix the 39's and the 43's. The 43's have that much more wow factor.

Sunfly (ceramic hybrid): Okay, Sunfly 43's are like THE COOLEST CHIPS EVAR! plus they're only 4 cents more a chip (+15% tariff) from the 39mm if you do a group buy. If you're gonna do a Sunfly set, do a 43. Seriously, I love Sunfly 43's.

China Clay (Majestics, Royals): I usually don't mess with China Clays, but if you're going to do that, I've heard great things about the Royals. The Dunes and Majestics are good for a budget set but again the 43's are just more fun all around.

Matsui: I'm sorry, I've never held a Matsui chip. Maybe the fine people here can tell you about that one.

Dice Chips: Yeah, right. If you're thinking dice chips, just don't bother.

Storage isn't that bad. There's two good ways you can store them. Get Matsui racks which pop up from time to time here or get some Bud Jones 43mm chips and a Harbor Freight 3800 case. Either way your chips will be nice and snug.
OP has been close to the vest, but he has stated they'll be ceramics, so several of these listed are moot. Since we're speculating, there is another possibility. He could be going straight to a manufacturer as opposed to one of the vendors we've used in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom