Am I a jackass? (1 Viewer)

I don’t understand why you left.
I feel like a simple, “I’m paying attention, you don’t have to remind me every time” would suffice?
Anyway, whether you waited too long or not, I don’t thing you’re a jackals for saying something. I do think you’re a jackass for leaving.

I’d have to find it but you claimed I said something funny once before… I think you secretly have a crush on me. It’s understandable.
Bro I don’t even know who you are. I’ve never seen you at a meetup, you’ve never brought me a margarita or wrestled @Josh Kifer, and I’ve never watched you needle MatB after taking all his chips. You’re some faceless internet dude who thinks he’s the star of The Office and hates accountants and people that tuck in their shirts.

You have to stick up for yourself, because nobody else will.

I try to be as good of a guest as I can, but if somebody is going to needle me, they best understand that eventually it's coming back at them.

So, no. I get it. Dude needs to be given boundaries if his mother didnt give them to him yet.

Bro I don’t even know who you are. I’ve never seen you at a meetup, you’ve never brought me a margarita or wrestled @Josh Kifer, and I’ve never watched you needle MatB after taking all his chips. You’re some faceless internet dude who thinks he’s the star of The Office and hates accountants and people that tuck in their shirts.
Yeah, this guy's suspect. I feel like I saw him in Superbad tho....

D4345FB2-9E94-4615-87E1-00E6363B79D1.jpeg

I’m also curious as to why you were suggested to me as a friend on TikTok ha
4237EA56-2A32-4A21-A1D2-5011189AAE75.jpeg

@bergs can you sign my lower back scar in Dallas? I need to get it tattooed to remember you... And your smell.....

Will you be going to any more of these games? If so, how do you plan on handling future interactions?

Maybe wear some boomer type dress shorts with pleats. Tuck in that shirt - make sure it's a light blue oxford. Tube socks that go to your knees.

He may relax if you look like him. Relatable and not some weird outsider. Tell him you love excel and macros. That may win him over.

Will you be going to any more of these games? If so, how do you plan on handling future interactions?

Maybe wear some boomer type dress shorts with pleats. Tuck in that shirt - make sure it's a light blue oxford. Tube socks that go to your knees.

He may relax if you look like him. Relatable and not some weird outsider. Tell him you love excel and macros. That may win him over.
1655061062064.gif

I think I’m ready

Answer: Not a jackass

Host: This is his lane. If this were my game, I tell the fucktardiot to stop being a fucktard.

Solution: I have 30 second sand timers every player gets, If you’re in the hand, you can drop it on another player, it goes in the pot as well. Pot pulls in timers and they float around. So if butt nugget wanted you to hurry up, he could use it, but if he had none, he can deal with his lack of power at the table.

You: You missed an opportunity to take hurry up clowns money. He sounds easy to tilt and make wreckless. Play his brain a bit next time, enjoy taking his chips.

Yeah I don't have a problem with this. I'm surprised there was going to be a cash game, usually "cash after the tournament' is a lie we tell ourselves, but no one is waiting around an hour for players. :p.

I think it's fine to call players out for overprompting. If you're paying attention it shouldn't be necessary.

"Thanks, I know it's on me."

"I appreciate the head's up, but don't touch me."

If it keeps up, later, to the host in private: "What's the deal with that guy? Can we redraw for seats?"

You're well within your rights to speak up, but as the new guy at an existing game it's best to a) do it via polite requests (early and often) rather than a sudden outburst and b) to involve the host, privately. It might be that everyone knows he does this and "Well, that's just Bob, he's like that" and then you can decide whether it's worth putting up with Bob in order to stay in the game and/or come back again. Or it might be that Bob is shit-testing you as the new guy. Regardless, it's not worth making a stink over but it's definitely worth saying something and doing something.

Also, I should say that one of the more fun, interesting guys that I've been playing poker with regularly is a CPA.

So they can be a bump on a log (I know that type too), but they aren't always.

Wait, don’t answer that! I already know what most of you would say.

But in all seriousness. I played in a home game tonight. Was supposed to be super laid back. Only 7 handed. $20 tournament to start then .25/.50 with a $50 buy in after. So nothing crazy.

I only knew the host, but have only played with him once. Super nice guy, we joked around at the game we met at and exchanged contact info. This was only my 2nd time playing with him and first time at his game with his group.
People were drinking, joking around etc. but the guy to my right had zero personality. Older guy, probably an accountant or has some other super boring job.

Every hand, and I’m not exaggerating, literally EVERY hand to me it was “It’s on you, it’s your turn, the blind is this, it’s on you, it’s on you, etc etc.” For TWO hours. I eventually said something and most of the table was like what just happened because I was not delaying the game at all. The vibe was definitely off at that point though. I decided to leave at the break out of respect for the host before cash game even started.

Now… I get that people want to move tournaments along blah blah blah but this was 7 handed just hanging out. Everyone was having fun, joking around until this.

I feel really bad because I certainly don’t want the host to have to defend me to his group. I texted him apologizing and he totally understood. I could care less what anyone thinks about me but I really hate putting a host in that spot.

Thoughts?
I feel like I played with this guy before. Older guy, No personality, gets annoyed when someone wants to have a good time at a 20.00 tournament. I was convinced he had a rule book in his pocket that he was ready to pull out at any given moment. Crap like that ruins the vibe

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom