Alligator or Crocodile Faux Leather Rails (1 Viewer)

haroon08

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I built my second raised rail with led light poker table during covid and now I am thinking about re-doing the rail with one of the alligator or crocodile faux leather materials from YAT. Has anyone installed these before? I have a 6" wide raised rail so i used the 61" wide super stretch vinyl the first go around. I know the faux leathers are only 54" so I'll have to probably cut it in the middle when i stretch it, but wondering how well these materials stretch and how they differ from the vinyls. If anyone can give any feedback I would greatly appreciate it! below is a pic of my table for those interested, shoutout to @T_Chan for another amazing playing surface cloth.

Attachments

• 8730D81F-56B5-4AD7-AFB3-1699DDF3F9C1.JPEG
    8730D81F-56B5-4AD7-AFB3-1699DDF3F9C1.JPEG
    108.5 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
I used a faux snake skin vinyl on my 96”x48” table. The vinyl did come in 54” width and I used 1” foam. So by the time I stretched around the rail there was not much left (even with the cut down the middle). I don’t think the vinyl is very stretchy so it was not very forgiving. You can see the wrinkles around my rail

8CF45091-B12C-440E-8044-52648B5DB409.jpeg

I just wrapped my rail with crocodile vinyl from Joann Fabrics. This material was 56" wide. The outside came out surprisingly well. The backing cloth did not feel like it had the stretch like their Whisper vinyl does. I used a heat gun to soften the material. The problem I had was the material tore when I did the inside ends. My table is an elliptical and the inside radius on the ends is tighter than an oval.

thumbnail_IMG_0242.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0247.jpg

I just wrapped my rail with crocodile vinyl from Joann Fabrics. This material was 56" wide. The outside came out surprisingly well. The backing cloth did not feel like it had the stretch like their Whisper vinyl does. I used a heat gun to soften the material. The problem I had was the material tore when I did the inside ends. My table is an elliptical and the inside radius on the ends is tighter than an oval.

View attachment 959014View attachment 959015
That still looks really nice and I can't visibly see any signs of the tearing

thanks for the replies. Yeah I'm worried i wont be able to stretch it enough because of the raised rail. Love the way both those rails look however.

View attachment 959014View attachment 959015
How do you like the raised rail? Looks minimal and what I would prefer. Who did your cloth?

How do you like the raised rail? Looks minimal and what I would prefer. Who did your cloth?
Love having a raised rail, it’s 3/4” tall. I had a table before with the padded rail mounted directly to the table and sometimes the cards would stick under the rail when dealt and tilt up a little.
The cloth was purchased from Chanman Poker Tables. I am very happy with the design process and the quality of the cloth. I highly recommend reaching out to them if you‘re interested in a custom cloth.

I purchased rail foam from a local upholstery/fabric/foam shop recently. They had a black “snake skin” look vinyl that had a lot of stretch to it. I think he was looking for $30 a linear yard for it.
IMG_0074.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom