SOLD All My Sales In One Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I’d start 2021 off by checking in on this thread to see what’s been happening...

E0D49666-D20B-4221-96BA-EF49E4EE490A.gif

As you were...

Good to see you back @BarrieJ3 and best wishes for you in 2021. Also happy this means everyone will be made whole.

I was not involved in this “sale” but whenever things like this happen, whether poker chip related or otherwise, I always try to remember the old saying (paraphrasing here) that every single person is going through a million different things in their personal lives that others will never be aware of, and because of this, whenever possible, let’s give each other the benefit of the doubt and move forward in good faith. Easier said than done when you aren’t the one waiting on several hundred $$$ worth of chips, I understand, but still, I hope we can all try to embody that ethos as much as possible. Been a helluva year for everyone everywhere.

Good to see you back @BarrieJ3 and best wishes for you in 2021. Also happy this means everyone will be made whole.

I was not involved in this “sale” but whenever things like this happen, whether poker chip related or otherwise, I always try to remember the old saying (paraphrasing here) that every single person is going through a million different things in their personal lives that others will never be aware of, and because of this, whenever possible, let’s give each other the benefit of the doubt and move forward in good faith. Easier said than done when you aren’t the one waiting on several hundred $$$ worth of chips, I understand, but still, I hope we can all try to embody that ethos as much as possible. Been a helluva year for everyone everywhere.

If you don’t like to read a lot, what @Senzrock just said was,

1609540666007.gif

Absolutely true. We have no clue what anyone on here is/has gone through. Yet, we rarely see situations like this. This is the THIRD time this has happened with this user. Enough is enough.

Just catching up with this shit-show of a thread....

I know what this forum means to Jeff!
No offense Ben, but this forum -- and it's members -- doesn't mean jack-shit to Jeff, or else he wouldn't treat them this way..... multiple times. I say good riddance, and fully support his self-ban.

if you eventually get your chips, he made good.
And this is a fallacy -- simply completing a deal months after the fact does not "make one good." And saying so merely condones his disappearing act and all of the negative consequences to the buyers who were shunned for months, not to mention the overall distrust that his actions have spawned in other members. The forum is better off without him, 'nice guy' or not.

I recognize my lack of time spent in the forum but I would say that while @BGinGA’s stance is harsh it is absolutely the stance that any forum like this should take simply because you need to put the masses before any individual for the forum to survive. While this forum seems to be THE poker chip forum, it is not invincible and as a newer member I can certainly say that something like this happening within one of my first 5-10 transactions was definitely something that makes me wary. I have had enough good interactions to not runaway but new members seeing this at the top of the classified ads definitely hurts the forum.

I recognize my lack of time spent in the forum but I would say that while @BGinGA’s stance is harsh it is absolutely the stance that any forum like this should take simply because you need to put the masses before any individual for the forum to survive. While this forum seems to be THE poker chip forum, it is not invincible and as a newer member I can certainly say that something like this happening within one of my first 5-10 transactions was definitely something that makes me wary. I have had enough good interactions to not runaway but new members seeing this at the top of the classified ads definitely hurts the forum.
@BGinGA harsh? What in tarnation.....

He's a delicate flower......

Ok...I don’t know either of you personally ...but I’ll bet one of you clearly has the better ‘catcher’ name and one of you is clearly the ‘pitcher’. Who is who? 2021Hmmmmmm. Or you can kiss and make up with @BarrieJ3 ??

Ok...I don’t know either of you personally ...but I’ll bet one of you clearly has the better ‘catcher’ name and one of you is clearly the ‘pitcher’. Who is who? 2021Hmmmmmm. Or you can kiss and make up with @BarrieJ3 ??

I appreciate you using BarrieJ3 here. I hereby trademark Jeff.

Jeff(TM)

Thank you for mentioning this. This is an important thing to think about. I have done deals with @BarrieJ3 several times and find him to be friendly and honest and enjoyable to interact with here. Seems like a cool dude and I know a little bit about how crazy his last year or so in real life has been. I was confident that he would return and send people their chips or pay them etc. Not rationalizing or approving of the lack of communication or failure to close out deals.

But there are lots of newer members on here or people who just have not dealt with him before who do not have an appreciation for him or his possible circumstances and quite frankly do not owe any of that to him. If they did a deal with him and he ghosted that is a problem created by him that has consequences and costs for other people even if he eventually squares up on those deals. It is a major stain on PCF (edit: the PCF community, not the site) if that gets condoned or glossed over (edit: by the PCF community). It is unfortunate and it really sucks for those members and for the community as a whole. I wish those folks the best and hope he gets your deals finalized ASAP. I hope those folks realize this type of thing does not happen very often which is why people are taking it very seriously. I had started to question the demanding of PPFF in my sales threads before and largely stopped asking for it and I think I will not ask for it again to help ensure people have faith in dealings and not feel pressured into uninsured deals. I want to think more about what I or we can do to help ensure people feel confident in dealing with each other.

That being said, I do hope whatever has led to this that @BarrieJ3 and his family are ok and I can still wish him the best.

Last edited:
Just catching up with this shit-show of a thread....

No offense Ben, but this forum -- and it's members -- doesn't mean jack-shit to Jeff, or else he wouldn't treat them this way..... multiple times. I say good riddance, and fully support his self-ban.

And this is a fallacy -- simply completing a deal months after the fact does not "make one good." And saying so merely condones his disappearing act and all of the negative consequences to the buyers who were shunned for months, not to mention the overall distrust that his actions have spawned in other members. The forum is better off without him, 'nice guy' or not.
Well Dave you quoted some very specific parts of my post. I guess you can cut and snip anything to make it read the way you want.

I guess no one here has fallen in their life, dealt with family members with addictions, repeat DUI offenders or any of these things. Reputation is absolutely everything here, I absolutely agree and he destroyed his. But if this forum meant nothing why come back and make a post? Why send out packages... he probably knows permanent ban is inevitable, but he is trying to do the right thing as much as possible.

Lifetime ban seem harsh to me but I understand if that is the general consensus or that is how the Moderators choose to treat this situation and feel it is best for the forum. I shared my opinion and feel I had the right to. Again I did not support what happened here and I don't think he should be let off the hook. For the record you are also a friend, I would do anything in my power to help you out as well if you fell on bad times!

Happy New Years sir and I hope 2021 is better for us all.

I appreciate you using BarrieJ3 here. I hereby trademark Jeff.

Jeff(TM)
Hello good sir, I would like to purchase rights for your trademark for a new project. How about tree fiddy for one post?

And I just saw that @bergs has been banned... over 3 years ago. Got my finger on the pulse right here :LOL: :laugh:
What was that story
I think I remember him from CT

I’d say it was less of a previously indicated dumpster fire than this ongoing mess here

special strokes I guess

Thank you for mentioning this. This is an important thing to think about. I have done deals with @BarrieJ3 several times and find him to be friendly and honest and enjoyable to interact with here. Seems like a cool dude and I know a little bit about how crazy his last year or so in real life has been. I was confident that he would return and send people their chips or pay them etc. Not rationalizing or approving of the lack of communication or failure to close out deals.

But there are lots of newer members on here or people who just have not dealt with him before who do not have an appreciation for him or his possible circumstances and quite frankly do not owe any of that to him. If they did a deal with him and he ghosted that is a problem created by him that has consequences and costs for other people even if he eventually squares up on those deals. It is a major stain on PCF if that gets condoned or glossed over. It is unfortunate and it really sucks for those members and for the community as a whole. I wish those folks the best and hope he gets your deals finalized ASAP. I hope those folks realize this type of thing does not happen very often which is why people are taking it very seriously. I had started to question the demanding of PPFF in my sales threads before and largely stopped asking for it and I think I will not ask for it again to help ensure people have faith in dealings and not feel pressured into uninsured deals. I want to think more about what I or we can do to help ensure people feel confident in dealing with each other.

That being said, I do hope whatever has led to this that @BarrieJ3 and his family are ok and I can still wish him the best.
I really do not see how it puts a "stain on PCF", maybe some of the people or someone in the community but not PCF itself. This is something done by someone who posts on the site.

Bans or Perma Bans are not taken lightly. As most of you know, these situations a not openly discussed in the forum by anyone on staff. I will add that a ban generally comes with a violation of the TOS and a perma ban comes from repeated violations of the TOS.

If it has been a while since you have read the TOS I would urge everyone to go back and read them to re-familiarize yourselves with them.

What was that story
I think I remember him from CT

I’d say it was less of a previously indicated dumpster fire than this ongoing mess here

special strokes I guess
If I remember correctly, he refused to use bubble wrap. But I was drinking...so I only recall half of the story. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I really do not see how it puts a "stain on PCF", maybe some of the people in the community but not PCF itself. This is something done by someone who posts on the site.

Bans or Perma Bans are not taken lightly. As most of you know, these situations a not openly discussed in the forum by anyone on staff. I will add that a ban generally comes with a violation of the TOS and a perma ban comes from repeated violations of the TOS.

If it has been a while since you have read the TOS I would urge everyone to go back and read them to re-familiarize yourselves with them.

My full quote is “It is a major stain on PCF if that gets condoned or glossed over.” It needs to be taken in the full context of that sentence and the full context of my entire post. I am basically saying that while I am friendly with @BarrieJ3 and believe him to be a good person from my experiences with him here, it would damage the credibility of the PCF forum for new members or those that were ghosted IF we didn’t think about this from their perspective and if we ignored the consequences of this ghosting.

And I am not calling for him to be banned. I actually believe in the feedback system. People should use it here. Everyone can then make informed decisions. Those of us who have dealt with him and trust him can continue to deal with him. Those who may not can decline to do so. And he can build back his credibility over time with those who are inclined to accept it eventually.

My full quote is “It is a major stain on PCF if that gets condoned or glossed over.” It needs to be taken in the full context of that sentence and the full context of my entire post. I am basically saying that while I am friendly with @BarrieJ3 and believe him to be a good person from my experiences with him here, it would damage the credibility of the PCF forum for new members if we didn’t think about this from their perspective and if we ignored the consequences of this ghosting.
Ok now in the full context it still does not put a bad light on PCF but perhaps the community, IMO as a member. Please read the TOS and tell me where PCF is responsible for a sellers actions. He not fulfilling his obligation as a seller does not violate TOS. I agree this unacceptable but as stated in the TOS PCF is not responsible.

Sorry had to edit***

Ok now in the full context it still does not put a bad light IMO as a member. Please read the TOS and tell me where PCF is responsible for a sellers actions. He not fulfilling his obligation as a seller does not violate TOS. I agree this unacceptable but as stated in the TOS PCF is not responsible.
I should say “PCF as a community” instead of just PCF referring to the site. I did not intend to refer to the site, but meant the users as a community. But again, my full comment says “if this gets condoned or glossed over”. I am referring here to the reaction of the community here, not the site or Tommy or the moderators etc.

I don't think we need to continue arguing and such. Folks shouldn't have been left in the dark, it's happened before, I won't be posting outside of here; just trying to wrap things up and ensure everything gets to everyone.
I take full blame and readily admit that I'm just not up to the task of being a mature member of the market at this time.

I don't think it anyone's business outside of knowing that the last items will be sent out by the 5th/6th, but it's also been pointed out now the unfairness of saying I'll share with x, y, and z and that should be good enough. Too much description read like complaining, so summary is with a somewhat tiny family we've encountered quite a bit of illness and lost lives recently. We moved across the world twice in a year. We've lost just a crap ton of "stuff" be it money or items due to really crappy people outside our control. Had a family member pull some heinous stuff, hence incarceration, and leaving me with financial decisions, POA decisions, etc. for aging/homed grandparents across the country. There's quite a bit more, but that's mostly what led to the end of year situation.

Again this isn't a complaint, I have a great life and wonderful immediate family. I knew that there were huge, life altering events upcoming, and honestly wanted to get rid of stuff that wasn't being used and help folks out before that hit. It was too much to juggle and ongoing events took me away from here, and I handled it horribly. In fact that's happened twice. That's literally it, as simple as that, the entire truth.

And as a result, chips delayed but out or getting out, and I won't continue posting or selling. Everyone should be able to move on shortly.

Edit: For future reference, you've seen this before. Someone f**ks up, and for some odd reason between that f**k up and them making it right, they don't communicate. Some may have been "shady". More oft than not, what you're seeing is someone creating a larger issue in their head than what it actually is. It becomes a monumental issue in their mind that a simple message can't fix, and instead they'd rather go to extremes to try and fix the issue at hand. But then it's the next day, and the next, and suddenly it's 3 weeks later, the issue wasn't fixed, communication wasn't made, and the issue is even larger in their heads. Now if you add to that that the group they wronged also serves as a primary social support structure, it becomes worse. Again not an excuse, and people that can't handle their business should *absolutely* not be allowed to continue, which is what we've seen with the last 3-4 folks (either didn't return at all, or self removed after making it right).

Sharing because the "dishonest" slant or not caring about you members is just beyond asinine. In a bit over a year, I've done far more than buy, sell, and post. When attacked I've previously grandstood on charity crap, or helping new folks, or never profiting here. But I've joined others and we put on many miles to grab their kid a good deal on some wheels. I've joined a small group on finishing college credits. I've joined a small group on losing some life changing weight (which I also screwed the pooch on leading). I just wanted to iterate that I'm not continuing out of respect for those who feel extremely wronged and so that Moderators don't have to deal with it. I'm unable to be a responsible member, so maybe I'll be back one day when I can be. But absolutely not abstaining from posting or buying/selling because I don't care or similar callousness - that's just ridiculous.

Last edited:
I should say “PCF as a community” instead of just PCF referring to the site. But again, my full comment says “if this gets condoned or glossed over”. I am referring here to the reaction of the community here, not the site or Tommy or the moderators etc.
That was the only point I was making. Thank you, I agree with you.

Now we all must self police as well. As stated before this is not the first time for him and not the first time for the community with other former members of the community.

If a newbie is reading this it should tell you to make sure you look at sales history before pulling the trigger. For the most part this community will take care of each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom