Album for storing single chips (1 Viewer)

digirati

3 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a solution for storing and showing lots of single chips? I’ve now got a decent bunch of singles and I’d like to have a good album with transparent pages that can hold chips to display them, but I want to make sure the plastic or whatever material used doesn’t harm the chips over time. What do you experienced chippers use to display chips?

Would $1 silver coin albums with the separated sleeves work?

About this item​

dollar coin album.jpg

• PRODUCT SIZE: Independent grids with clear PVC pockets for easy viewing, suitable for coins of diameter less than 1.57 inch (4.0 cm).
  • MULTIPURPOSE COLLECTION: Superise coin collectors suitable for coins, caps, tokens, medallions, badges. A wonderful way to store and display your collection.
  • UNIQUE DESIGN: Each pocket of superise coin collecting album has envelope flap to prevent coins fall out from coin album.
  • 60 POCKETS: Our coin collection album have 10 pages each, 6 pockets per page, 60 pockets in total.
  • $8
The other option is a storage with encapsules for the chips $10
coin storage.jpg

Would $1 silver coin albums with the separated sleeves work?
Thanks for the reply! Yes, that would work so long and the book closes all the way when full. Have you used that before?

If you don’t mind a bit of a cigarette smell I can send this one to you, just pay shipping. Note - I tossed the pages because they smelled 10x worse than the binder itself. I think I have some spare pages but I’ll have to check they’re the right size for the book/for you. Pm me if interested.

F139E368-2692-48C4-BCCE-FE7B1E548BDA.jpeg
FAD85D71-A32A-40C2-BB0F-6AB456FD1E07.jpeg

I use 2" flips (well 1/2 a flip) and pages and regular 3-ring 1" binders (any office supply store). I used to use 2 1/2" flips, but I could squeeze in more chips per page with 2" flips.

50112010651_95ee40e08d_c.jpg

I cut the flip in half so its easier for me to take out the chips. The only issue with this method is the chips can fall out from the top row if you aren't too careful. You can use a bigger binder but i felt it was easier to manage and organize with smaller binders.

You can find binder pages at any coin collecting supply store. Just make sure there is no "PCV" else there could be color bleed. Here is where I usually buy my stuff.

https://www.jpscorner.com/collections/coin-pages

Good luck!

Last edited:
Ooohhh! i like these. they've also got a flap at the top to keep chips from falling out. I have tried similar sheets (4 x 5 layout each sheet) that don't have a flap at the top of each coin holder, and they look good with single chips in them, but I ran into the same issue as @gmunny, where the chips slide out easily, unless the 3-ring binder is stored and held vertically when turning the pages.

Dollar coins can't be that much thinner than a poker chip.
Good point. I don't have any dollar coins to compare, but I just stacked up 6 US quarters, and they are just a about same thickness as 3 Paulson poker chips. So for the one type of silver coin albums pictured above with a 2 x 3 sheet, and fixed hinge thickness - it may not hold as many poker chips as coins -- using the 3-ring binder sheets would seem to be better suited for thicker poker chips.

Good point. I don't have any dollar coins to compare, but I just stacked up 6 US quarters, and they are just a about same thickness as 3 Paulson poker chips. So for the one type of silver coin albums pictured above with a 2 x 3 sheet, and fixed hinge thickness - it may not hold as many poker chips as coins -- using the 3-ring binder sheets would seem to be better suited for thicker poker chips.
Any business in your area that sells or buys coins would have these sheets with flaps for 3 ring binders. If not, Amazon has tons of them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom