AJs vs sticky (1 Viewer)

So you're calling $5 into a $52 pot with ace-high against this guy (made sense to me, but still thought we were beat by the river card). At what bet value do you fold without a pair in that spot? And how big a pair does it take?

Same question came to mind. My thought was $15 would be about the max to call, based on the description of the villain.

Same question came to mind. My thought was $15 would be about the max to call, based on the description of the villain.

I would agree with this. If Villain bets $15 into a pot of $52 then we only have to be right about one in every five times for the call to be profitable.

This guy has a huge amount of air in the range. Really, it is almost more likely he has no pair than anything else. That's why it is a crime for him to min raise with a monster - we would all call much bigger bets.

In this hand, I would call at least $25, maybe as much as $35. Earlier he got called down for a roughly pot sized bet {correctly} with king high, modest kicker. $5 is chump change here.

He has an occasional bluffing tell in how he enacts the bet {handles the chips + eye contact}. If that happens, I might call a bet for more than the pot.

DrStrange

I would call and make Villian show first since he took the last aggressive action. I'm not giving up the opportunity to get info I paid for, or the opportunity to muck my own cards if I'm beat to avoid giving information to Villian and everyone else in the game.
Vast majority of the Dr's hand histories are based on long running games with players who have played many thousands of hands together. I really didn't think there was anything that could be done here that would remotely gain or give up meaningful information.

Vast majority of the Dr's hand histories are based on long running games with players who have played many thousands of hands together. I really didn't think there was anything that could be done here that would remotely gain or give up meaningful information.

People change, games change. There's always useful information to be gleaned (or protected). Once you stop paying attention, you start slipping, imho.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom