Adam Savage's Rounders case replica (2 Viewers)

Missed this the first time around. Thanks for reposting.

As for suggestion of what to write on the side...

Screenshot_20191214-192356.jpg

Second, with 12 racks of chips, it probably weighs close to 50 lbs. Removable wheels and an extendable arm would be nice features (unless he plans on hiring a Gramma replica to carry it around for him).
My 1500 chip case of 43 mm chips only weighs 45. You're probably not far off, I'd say closer to 40 or less.

The number of people I've seen on here complaining about the weight of a 1000+ chip travel case is astonishing. Hit some weights you Nancy's! (Just kidding, don't crucify me)

Great video. It's weird that I watched every episode of myth busters and never once did Savage mention a love for gambling. It's gotta just be a movie thing for him. I'd love to have a case like that...but then I'd have to break down and get some rounders chips...which I will one day.

FWIW, that's not $100,000 in poker chips. Its a bank value of $100,000 (I assume this is what Adam means). In reality, those are Level 2 chips, which, on an available mold, are $1.50 to $1.89 each. So 1,200 chips would be $1,800 to $2,268. Now, perhaps a retired mold makes them more valuable, but even double the highest priced available mold comes $95,000 short of what he represents.

Last edited:
At one point he says “I’ve had these chips in the shop for SEVEN YEARS!”

CPC experts... was Roman available as a viable option in 2012?

At one point he says “I’ve had these chips in the shop for SEVEN YEARS!”

CPC experts... was Roman available as a viable option in 2012?

My Double Eagles were made on the Roman mold in 2007 and IIRC, it was taken out of production shortly afterward (certainly less than 5 years). When was Adam's video originally shot, tho? It was uploaded in December 2019... But how long did it sit in the can?

My Double Eagles were made on the Roman mold in 2007 and IIRC, it was taken out of production shortly afterward (certainly less than 5 years). When was Adam's video originally shot, tho? It was uploaded in December 2019... But how long did it sit in the can?

Based on his Instagram, it definitely looks like the current “older” Adam to me. I’d guess 2019 production if I had to. He’s wearing his 2019 Savage T-shirt in the video too.

If he actually got those made in 2012, it’s sounding like it was a celeb-special.

Based on his Instagram, it definitely looks like the current “older” Adam to me. I’d guess 2019 production if I had to. He’s wearing his 2019 Savage T-shirt in the video too.

If he actually got those made in 2012, it’s sounding like it was a celeb-special.
He said "sitting in my shop for like 7 years." I keep thinking I graduated college like 7 years ago but its actually 13 haha.

Last edited:
Let's talk about his breakdown. What's he playing? $2/$5? Or dual purpose $1/$2 and tourney set?

200 x $1s
200 x $5s
300 x $25s
400 x $100s
100 x $500s
1577205324450.png

Let's talk about his breakdown. What's he playing? $2/$5? Or dual purpose $1/$2 and tourney set?

200 x $1s
200 x $5s
300 x $25s
400 x $100s
100 x $500s
View attachment 383949

Too light on $5’a for a $1/2 or $2/5 game. Could be a $5/10 or $10/25 cash set but then why the $1’s?

Most likely a T5 based tournament with the option for some cash games well.

He mentions the scene when Mike buys in for 3 racks of High Society so he had to have that many at least of the $100 chips too!

He mentions the scene when Mike buys in for 3 racks of High Society so he had to have that many at least of the $100 chips too!
I think this was key to his "breakdown". Adam Savage has a net worth of appx $8,000,000 (celebritynetworth.com). My guess is he bought chips he liked because of the movie but does not host much poker, so he built a very "newbie" breakdown. The overall expense matters far less when you have a lot of expendable income and a fairly reliable source of consistent income. Hence, 1200 chips instead of 1000, an unusual breakdown, and chips sitting in the shop for years.

Last edited:
If it was a while ago, back then T500's were more popular I think. But of course he would want enough chips to replicate a bank that KGB would typically have I think.

Just came up on youtube today.
that is so fn awesome!
(i can't believe this guy is so anal at his age; I'd be like that 30 years ago; but even then not so public with it --lol)
and my fav cards:[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• epcrds.png
    epcrds.png
    618.1 KB · Views: 136
Has anyone tried building a similar case? I’m thinking about giving it a shot and would love advise from anyone who’s done it.

That was my thought too.

Followed by "I don’t have enough chips to make this worthwhile".

Followed by "I could always buy more".

Followed by "but the wife would kill me, and I don’t even play poker."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom