About to put in my CPC order for a B-diamond mold set...Bubby's Room! Samples? (1 Viewer)

jja412

Full House
Reaction score
Well, I'm finally gonna do it.
After over 10 years of wavering/chickening out/plotting, and months of "work" on the CPC chip designer tool...the order is ready to go.
And I'm nervous. Wish me luck!

Thanks to all who have given me advice over pm about ordering from CPC.
Thanks to all who responded to my hundo thread.
And lots and lots of thanks to @timinater for the design work!

If anyone wants samples, please let me know!

Interest list for samples:
1. @Machine - Paid
2. @JMC9389 - Paid
3. @ThinkingFold - Paid
4. @BarrieJ3 - Paid
5. @72o - Paid
6. @JeepologyOffroad - Paid
7. @Venturalvn - Paid
8. @liftapint - Paid
9. @johnnycnote - Paid
10. @Phish1321 - Paid
11. @Beanz - Paid
12. @Suited Connector - Paid
13. @TheBigTater - Paid
14. @toNIelf - Paid
15. @Marhault - Paid
16. @BGinGA - Paid
17. @ChipFinderSK (one $25 chip) - Paid
18. @timinater (gratis)
19. @Nine_high - Paid
20. @mugenpowr - Paid
21. @FordPickup92 - Paid
22. @grantc54 - Paid
23. @BillyBluff - Paid
24. @davislane - Paid
25. @RansomStoddard - Paid
26. @Saxplayer - Paid

Bubby'sRoomcaliv7.png

Last edited:
Yes please. These are great! Very cohesive set.

@jja412 what made you pick that mold?
Always liked the look of it. Just looks very SUBSTANTIAL.
I only have 6 total chips of b-diamond samples, but they look great, and feel/handle pretty darn good.
Plus, if I'm gonna name my card room after my dog (Bubby), this is the natural choice!
Unfortunately, the wait for my chosen mold looks to be a very long time.

Last edited:
Well, I'm finally gonna do it.
After over 10 years of wavering/chickening out/plotting, and months of "work" on the CPC chip designer tool...the order is ready to go.
And I'm nervous. Wish me luck!

Thanks to all who have given me advice over pm about ordering from CPC. Thanks to all who responded to my hundo thread.
And lots and lots of thanks to @timinater for the design work!

If anyone wants samples, please let me know!

View attachment 1093639
Damn…that was my nickname as a kid.

Whenever it happens…I’ll be ordering “The Bub Club” chips.

Nice work.

Always liked the look of it. Just looks very SUBSTANTIAL.
I only have 6 total chips of b-diamond samples, but they look great, and feel/handle pretty darn good.
Plus, if I'm gonna name my card room after my dog (Bubby), this is a natural choice.
Unfortunately, the wait for my chosen mold looks to be a very long time.
I also really like how the B-mold inlay is more textured than some of the other CPC molds I have. I get sometimes that isn’t always the case but seems like B mold comes out like that.

I also really like how the B-mold inlay is more textured than some of the other CPC molds I have. I get sometimes that isn’t always the case but seems like B mold comes out like that.
I don’t have much experience with B mold, but one of the things that frustrates me about CPC chips is the inconsistency of the texture on the inlays of their textured molds. It isn’t unique to CPC; I’ve seen some Paulsons like that too. And I don’t blame CPC; it’s probably safe to assume that’s a result of aging molds. But I’m a texture freak and though I was like 90% ready to order customs on the 44mm scroll mold, I know one of the reasons I changed gears when an unexpected opportunity arose was because of its lightish and inconsistent texture. If that mold had consistent heavy texture, CPC would have gotten my cash no doubt.
But I digress. Cool chips, @jja412 !

I don’t have much experience with B mold, but one of the things that frustrates me about CPC chips is the inconsistency of the texture on the inlays of their textured molds. It isn’t unique to CPC; I’ve seen some Paulsons like that too. And I don’t blame CPC; it’s probably safe to assume that’s a result of aging molds. But I’m a texture freak and though I was like 90% ready to order customs on the 44mm scroll mold, I know one of the reasons I changed gears when an unexpected opportunity arose was because of its lightish and inconsistent texture. If that mold had consistent heavy texture, CPC would have gotten my cash no doubt.
But I digress. Cool chips, @jja412 !
B-mold is the way to go IMO for CPC textured.
76CC9A4B-A360-4BE7-AE68-6427556656AD.jpeg

While we talk samples...what's the best way to mail individual sample sets?
Gonna have to figure this out sometime...I mostly am always shipping racks.

While we talk samples...what's the best way to mail individual sample sets?
Gonna have to figure this out sometime...I mostly am always shipping racks.
I've always just done 4x8 Kraft bubble mailers, with the sample set overlapped and wrapped tightly with plastic or bags, then shipped first class. Never had a problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom