ABC - Where is Gene?! (3 Viewers)

These were samples ABC made for me about about a year ago. (maybe longer) I was going to get another round done to tweak the red and green chips but the project went on the back burner.
Well, if it gets any traction.....I’M IN!

Out of curiosity, how are these different from Matsuis or Bud Jones?

Like these?

Oh come on! I'm basically selling body parts at this point to pay for things. But, yes, those are great. As my Sunfly samples are the only comparison I have, I think the biggest difference is that the Sunfly's have a smaller label and more ceramic on the chip's face. I do think I prefer that to the larger label in your picture. With that said - those are freaking awesome. I never knew Gene could make chips like those.

Gene @ABC Gifts and Awards and Kristil @BR Pro Poker if you are ever going to do Hybrids with the WPS like @Tommy has in his pictures I’d be in. I’m in for a custom set.
1583276995188.gif

They say you should never say never...but this might be the case here.
Just curious as to why that is Gene. Did the gaming commission or one of their lawyers warn you about doing so? You can PM @Nuhockey or myself if you don't want to answer here.

@ABC Gifts and Awards ,I've sent a couple messages.

I've asked questions. Then I was told to send an email, which I did, and still haven't received a reply.

Wondering why I'm not receiving a response.:(
Wouldn't take it personally. Seems like Gene and Kristil have been slammed as of late because of the virus essentially screeching manufacturing in China to a halt.

@ABC Gifts and Awards ,I've sent a couple messages.

I've asked questions. Then I was told to send an email, which I did, and still haven't received a reply.

Wondering why I'm not receiving a response.:(

You will receive a response today! It is taking us longer than 1 business day to get to some emails right now, I sincerely apologize for the delay. Over half of our day right now is shipping with myself, Gene & another employee working on it..so by the time we get to emails, you can imagine how many we have to get through :confused

Wouldn't take it personally. Seems like Gene and Kristil have been slammed as of late because of the virus essentially screeching manufacturing in China to a halt.
Thanks bud! My impatience takes hold now and then!

You will receive a response today! It is taking us longer than 1 business day to get to some emails right now, I sincerely apologize for the delay. Over half of our day right now is shipping with myself, Gene & another employee working on it..so by the time we get to emails, you can imagine how many we have to get through :confused
I'm sorry. I will just wait longer. Thanks for the message here.

Just curious as to why that is Gene. Did the gaming commission or one of their lawyers warn you about doing so? You can PM @Nuhockey or myself if you don't want to answer here.

It is purely because of the amount of time it takes to print hybrid chips, especially with aligned edges. A standard ceramic order basically has two steps: print non-aligned edges, then print faces. Hybrids with aligned edges?:

-print edges
-print face borders with alignment (which takes more that twice as long as non-aligned)
-print vinyl labels
-laminate vinyl labels (which can't be done on the same day as printing, as the prints need to dry overnight before laminating)
-cut vinyl labels
-label hybrid chips

...once you add in all that extra time, we basically can't offer these at a price that makes it worth it for us, or for you guys. :(

It is purely because of the amount of time it takes to print hybrid chips, especially with aligned edges. A standard ceramic order basically has two steps: print non-aligned edges, then print faces. Hybrids with aligned edges?:

-print edges
-print face borders with alignment (which takes more that twice as long as non-aligned)
-print vinyl labels
-laminate vinyl labels (which can't be done on the same day as printing, as the prints need to dry overnight before laminating)
-cut vinyl labels
-label hybrid chips

...once you add in all that extra time, we basically can't offer these at a price that makes it worth it for us, or for you guys. :(
Field trip group buy where we provide all the labor??? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

-print edges
-print vinyl labels
-cut vinyl labels
-label hybrid chips

I think offering them as blanks could work. We can get labels from @Gear. That was my plan anyway.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom