Tourney A Ruling Nightmare ... (1 Viewer)

Blaster

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
So here's how it went ....
I get a call from someone I know, asking if I want in at a tournament, I say sure.
It's in a catering / cafeteria looking place, 5 tables, I get there, it's already a few hands in , sit at my stack, which was put out waiting for me. Rectangular lunch type tables, I'm at the corner , a bit tight arm/leg room, don't know these people or game ...
I see it will be my deal next , & I see a guy diagonal from me, opposite flat side of the table, give me a weird look & mumble to the player next to him...
I then notice they are using circular cards!, Yes novelty type decks of "round" cards, WTF! My cut almost causes the cards to fall/flop, but I recovered them. Diagonal villain shoots another dirty look ...
I start dealing, ( the round cards actually pitch very well), & when I deal villain's 1st card, he quickly, without looking, re-tosses it to the player across from him, ( who hasn't yet been dealt a card), stares at me saying "I don't want that one, he gets it, give me another" .... I'm like, "you can't do that", & he's insisting it's within known rules/his right before looking to pass the card & tells me to get out my phone & "look it up" ... I start arguing with him, how absurd that is, & tell "him" to look it up and then show me, since I'm probably never going to find any rule one way or the other regarding this specific topic ...
The other players at the table start grumbling that we are wasting time & to just deal him another card & "get on with it" (!!?!) ... I'm the guest here, so I reluctantly deal him out another card, which he quickly proceeds to toss over to another player & says " nope, give me another" ....
I'm extremely ticked off, & that's when I woke up Sunday morning, after having this horrible realistic dream! It was so vivid , f* up and memorable, that upon awakening I seriously thought I needed to address this in some way in my own home game rules, which after some time, I realized I don't! :) ...
Thought I'd share ....

Last edited:
No fair! After the pot buddy story and having myself played at a game that didn’t play table stakes, I was reading this as for real...

Who remembers their dreams anyway???

id-never-sleep-again-just-to-avoid-that-game.jpg

... when I deal villain's 1st card, he quickly, without looking, re-tosses it to the player across from him, ( who hasn't yet been dealt a card), stares at me saying "I don't want that one, he gets it, give me another" .... I'm like, "you can't do that", & he's insisting it's within known rules/his right before looking to pass the card & tells me to get out my phone & "look it up" ...

I'm so doing this.

you had me at rectangular lunch tables and round cards..... this story sounds like a deleted scene from "One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest"

2 questions

1 did you call for the TD. its his responsibility to make the rules. if he is cool with it you can do that too Right?!?!?

2 what did the guy do who got his cards say was he cool with it?

but

I started to read this as a true story, then looked at posting date if it was posted on April 1st, since it was not the case I continued to read to then realize that it was actually a dream haha.

Sounds like a nightmare.

I just had one this morning where I spiked a set of 5s on the turn and bet three and a half mayonnaise jar lids. Got snap called and I shouted "set of 5s" before showdown. River is a 6 giving my opponent a straight with his 84o and he shoves and I somehow can see his cards and fold. Probably standard for playing heads up outside on a bridge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom