A Glimpse Inside the Goldfish Bowl - poker analysis, pr0n and random thoughts (2 Viewers)

What's that sweet orange chip?
D5B9974B-A90F-4D81-8322-1EC070552D93.jpeg

these are a hidden gem in this forum. Only $10/chip for orange 43 mm. And they clean up great. Great for relabel projects. Just sayin.

Ok ladies and gentlemen, on the button with this hand. 450 to see the flop……..of course I call…
View attachment 733486
Flop is a miracle a36. 2 spades. Let’s gooo. Get all in against trip aces. Free rolling…. 3 quarters for me. Yum yum.
View attachment 733489
Just let them know you're an Alpha Shootout bracelet winner. They won't mess with you after that. :)

20210529_212402.jpg

$500s dont get put into play???
At my house we use the 500s because they are 43 mm and easily distinguishable. At this game the host as the HSI set and the dark 500s have dirty stack issues. Easier to just use 1ks.

View attachment 733558
these are a hidden gem in this forum. Only $10/chip for orange 43 mm. And they clean up great. Great for relabel projects. Just sayin.
Nice chip. The other option for orange IHCs has really small edge spots and I’m not a fan. I could stand for these to be more interesting, but at least they take up more space.

Nice chip. The other option for orange IHCs has really small edge spots and I’m not a fan. I could stand for these to be more interesting, but at least they take up more space.
I was going to use the horseshoe Cleveland 1k but I could not bring myself to murder them. Too pretty.
E0326AED-8221-4BBF-8377-86141A47F6DC.jpeg

I was going to use the horseshoe Cleveland 1k but I could not bring myself to murder them. Too pretty.
View attachment 735032
Decent chip but looks kinda un appealing, like just a dark/unappealing color combination to me and that base orange color is not something I'm a fan of. Maybe just the lighting.

The faux shaped inlay is just kinda meh. The cutouts aren't even the right hue of orange and the micro dots just not my bag. And like Horseshoe Cleveland, like also, meh.

The chips used for the FLVs above are much nicer to my eye.

Funny thought I had today…. The below pic shows my collection about a year ago…. Today, only a few of these racks remain in my possession and those that do are all relabeled. So true how wants/needs change during the chipping journey. Even my table felt is different. I really miss those ES .25s thou.
FA9408EF-A5C1-4575-B362-8079B7B4A5A9.jpeg

It's always interesting to see how tastes change -- sometimes quite predictable, other times not at all. This also reminds me I really need to sell some chips ... as my journey has shifted directions, I just keep stacking boxes in my closet :LOL: :laugh:

It's always interesting to see how tastes change -- sometimes quite predictable, other times not at all. This also reminds me I really need to sell some chips ... as my journey has shifted directions, I just keep stacking boxes in my closet :LOL: :laugh:
Yes, I sold a lot of chips including my horseshoe cincy and jack detroit sets as well as all the chips that were not part of any playable sets.

Funny thought I had today…. The below pic shows my collection about a year ago…. Today, only a few of these racks remain in my possession and those that do are all relabeled. So true how wants/needs change during the chipping journey. Even my table felt is different. I really miss those ES .25s thou.
View attachment 737366
if you could do it all again, would you avoid buying the chips that you’ve sold off?

What’s left?

if you could do it all again, would you avoid buying the chips that you’ve sold off?

What’s left?
For me, the chipping journey could not happen any other way. I came to this forum looking to buy a set of Paulsons for my game. Needless to say, I was in sticker shock. Paying thousands of dollars for a set of chips was hard to swallow at first. Now, it’s as easy as eating M&Ms. I started with horseshoe cincys, moved up to jack Detroits and then to the ES chips, then the wheels really came off and I went Lala lulu. I never thought of myself as a collector. So my intent has always been to use the chips I buy. Today I feel like I am in a really good place chipwise. Although I kinda regret giving up my ES chips and my BTP chips. I currently have the following sets:

animal house 1.0 relabel set.
animal house 2.0 relabel set.
FLV cash set
Sunset beach cash/tourney set
Good luck relabel set (work in progress).
VLV/CDM mixed cash set (work in progress) - that will eventually be a relabel set.

Haven’t posted in a while about games. Last night was a blood bath 5 card plo hi game - 5/5/50, that went to 5/5/100. Hand of the night for me - :kc::kh::qd::qc::7d: - a lot of raising pre. The flop -:kd::qh::6d: way good enough to get it in. 5 way!!! Run out - :8c::4s: Unbelievably my set held up against 4 other hands. First winning night in a while.

Tonight back at big o/plo mix. Just got it in with set of kings verse set of Jack’s. Yum yum. Let’s gooooo.
D5FAA837-01BD-4BD9-A413-FEDAF468B324.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom