A Glimpse Inside the Goldfish Bowl - poker analysis, pr0n and random thoughts (4 Viewers)

Goldfish

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Seeing a number of other members posting about their lives (poker and otherwise) has inspired me to do the same. What this will not be - a serious analysis of poker hands and play - if you want that check out @Anthony Martino thread. He is a true pro and a good player. reading about his play and taking his advice can be helpful. Listening to me will only get u in trouble. Truth be told for as much poker as I play, I suck. I gamble way too much And while my brain tells me to get out of many hands, the rest of me rarely listens. Additionally, I play like 80% of hands in the course of the night and certainly cannot be expected to remember them all. After all, I am a fish and fish don’t have very good memories (as evidenced by Dory in Finding Nemo).

what this will be - feel free to talk about anything - all comments/questions welcome, even thoughts about holdem If you want. I will post about games I play in, chip sets I am working on and other random stuff.

to start off, this week was not a good week for poker. the last game I played in was 5/5/25 5 card hi only. I finally got all the way back to even around 3 am (in for a lot) then lost 3 hands in a row. Lost with aces vs kings on a 633 board when kk went runner runner flush, lost with super rap vs set (and the board didn’t even pair!), and lost with kk vs Qq (and I flopped a set!). Thankfully in all 3 hands each opponent didn't have much money So I was able to leave with a little less than half my stack. losing suck. Makes the drive home longer.
99AAD25B-6283-45DE-B57C-6F23243DCD04.jpeg

today is the 4th - no poker! I went to Lowe’s and bought two carbon monoxide detectors. Getting the package open was a bitch. Why do they make the plastic packaging so hard to cut Open?? Finally got them open and installed. I am exhausted. Time for a nap. Now on to the pr0n.
A4C46D99-D567-4C1D-95C4-2AAA1F9C319C.jpeg

33C93D01-2B63-45A8-9005-949C8277C3EF.jpeg

HAPPY 4th of July to ALL!

@Goldfish,
Having had the honor of sitting at a poker table with you I will be trying to keep up with what I know will be an interesting thread. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
“Twenty dwarfs took turns doing handstands on the carpets”
Next time you make a big bet and someone is taking a ridiculous amount of time pondering a call, repeat that line a couple times in a row and watch the reaction you’ll get.
I’m thinking you’ll find lots of enjoyment with this. Was an absolute pleasure playing against and watching you frustrate a poker table my friend. ;) :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
So from one fish to another,
Cheers my friend.
8BF2320A-74A0-4FEC-8207-C2E0DD465594.jpeg

Practiced the 20 dwarfs standing….. phrase a couple times yesterday. Hard to say 3 times fast….. anyway 5/5/25 5 card hi only tonight at MD live, but because my allergies are kicking my ass today, I am gonna stay home. Next game is Thursday night - big o/plo mixed game. Stay tuned!!

yeah, count me in!

I love that @Lil Tuna took a picture of a tournament table that I am at, but I am already gone. Thanks, brother! Only I know that empty seat was mine.
This was actually taken just before the start of the tournament so I’m pretty sure you were still in at that point. :unsure: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I think there’s two seats with chips and no players, not sure who the other seat was.

This was actually taken just before the start of the tournament so I’m pretty sure you were still in at that point. :unsure: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I think there’s two seats with chips and no players, not sure who the other seat was.
You got me on details.

EDIT: If it was before the tourney, then I was making guacamole for your drunk ass! I didnt want to be in the picture with you anyways!

Inlays removed. Tomorrow I turn these SB .25s into SB 5s…….
View attachment 732663
After making the .25s into 5s with @Gear labels, I now have an awesome sunset beach cash game set. And, for the purists, yes, I understand that this set does not have dollar signs! nevertheless, the set is awesome and is finally complete. Can’t wait to get this in play.

DE27B091-B77C-4317-87AC-C500ED244611.jpeg

A46FB906-E88C-4236-AD2F-07233E7BE482.jpeg

126F4251-0F49-4AA4-84EB-E7A1B8B453F5.jpeg

On to the next project……..

Yes! Because you never know when someone will capture the moment when one guy is telling an epic story and you briefly look at him with that look that says "when is this asshole going to shut his mouth?"

I am looking at you, @Irish

lol, good times. In my defense, I often have that confused look on my face at a poker table.....

Ok ladies and gentlemen, on the button with this hand. 450 to see the flop……..of course I call…
View attachment 733486
Flop is a miracle a36. 2 spades. Let’s gooo. Get all in against trip aces. Free rolling…. 3 quarters for me. Yum yum.
View attachment 733489

You need to replace the 6 in your hand with a 5 to be safe

You aren't freerolling and could still get scooped if your low is counterfietted

You need to replace the 6 in your hand with a 5 to be safe

You aren't freerolling and could still get scooped if your low is counterfietted
I called 450 pre and hit loc lo, 2 pair and 6 hi spade draw. Its all going in………

Understood. I could have been up against a hand that could have messed me up. Turned out great though - up against a naked set of aces.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom