A Funny Thing Happened When I Tried To Show Professional Courtesy (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
A couple of months ago we got a 10/20 dealers choice game running at Georgetown Poker Club. If you have a monthly VIP Membership for $99 then you play completely free of time charges every Monday.

So we regularly play until 3-5 am after starting at 7pm, it's been a great value.

There's another guy I met who runs a variety of invite games at a club in Austin, including some mixed games as well on different nights.

Recently players in my game were wanting to expand to a 2nd night, so I told them I'd poll everyone and see what will be most popular.

This gamerunner plays in my games and I've played in his. When I messaged him I let him know I didn't want to step on his toes and asked him to let me know what nights I should avoid so we aren't conflicting.

His response was "if you go beyond Mondays I won't be able to support your game any longer"

I did not respond to that text. Then on Sunday he sends out a mass text advertising a 10/20 mixed game at the room he hosts in...........for MONDAY NIGHT!

I heard from players who showed up at our regular game that he was texting them telling them they need to "pick sides" and that this is "war" and he allegedly offered one guy $100 to go play his game instead!

Anyway, just thought it was funny I try to do the courteous thing and this dude tries to compete with my game and take it down. My players aren't going to choose your game for $10/hr when they can play my game without paying a time charge dumbass!

8031835787_a356fcac57_z.jpg

As the saying goes, “If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It is much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.”
If you scheduled your game any time his wasn’t running, then no notice was necessary since his toes weren’t stepped on.
He showed his true colors and chose to disrespect you.
A quote that applies to this guy is, “A piece of shit only stinks briefly as you walk past it.”

Texting! Texting! Texting! Nothing ever good comes out of Texting. How many issues arise from missed texts, misread texts, miss spelled words, misunderstood meanings, or the Mrs reading your texts! I guarantee if you two had talked over a drink in person or spoke on the phone you'd be playing 3 nights a week instead of fighting over 1

Texting! Texting! Texting! Nothing ever good comes out of Texting. How many issues arise from missed texts, misread texts, miss spelled words, misunderstood meanings, or the Mrs reading your texts! I guarantee if you two had talked over a drink in person or spoke on the phone you'd be playing 3 nights a week instead of fighting over 1
Makes a good point @Anthony Martino. :unsure: Proper communication could be the key?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom