A few bone-headed or run-bad hands... 6-max ($0.10/$0.25) (3 Viewers)

ngmcs8203

Flush
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of a up-n-down week and wanted some feedback on a couple of hands. I ran the first one through GTOWizard and while I made some mistakes, it doesn't look like they were awful. I don't have a paid plan so wasn't able to run the second one:

HAND1

Ignition - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players

Hero (BTN): 93.84 BB
SB: 140.4 BB

BB: 100 BB
CO: 154.24 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has :7s::7h:

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) SB has ??

CO raises to 2.4 BB, Hero calls 2.4 BB, SB raises to 13.52 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 11.12 BB

Flop: (30.44 BB, 2 players) :3d::jh::5h:
SB bets 8.68 BB, Hero raises to 20 BB, SB calls 11.32 BB

Turn: (70.44 BB, 2 players) :6d:
SB checks, Hero bets 24 BB, SB raises to 106.88 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 36.32 BB and is all-in

River: (191.08 BB, 2 players) :jc:

HAND2

Ignition - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

SB: 154.16 BB
BB: 89.24 BB
UTG: 185.56 BB
MP: 118.88 BB
Hero (CO): 99.92 BB
BTN: 44.84 BB

SB
posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) SB has --

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) BB has --

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) UTG has --

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) MP has --

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has :qd::qs:

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) BTN has --

fold, MP raises to 4 BB, Hero raises to 11 BB, fold, SB calls 10.6 BB, fold, MP calls 7 BB

Flop: (34 BB, 3 players) :5c::2c::qh:
SB bets 16.16 BB, fold, Hero calls 16.16 BB

Turn: (66.32 BB, 2 players) :3s:
SB bets 28.52 BB, Hero calls 28.52 BB

River: (123.36 BB, 2 players) :kc:
SB bets 58.6 BB, Hero calls 44.24 BB and is all-in

2nd hand looks fine aside from the 3b sizing being small. 2.75x is more of a 4b sizing. 3b are typically 3x-4x from everything I've seen. What is 2.75x doing for you? You are giving odds to call on light 3b and missing value when you have premiums.

1st hand I don't like anything.

Fold pre would have been totally acceptable.

Raise flop... why? Call fine here.

Turn call.... you just raised a flop cbet and V continued to lead turn on a blank. What are you beating that he does this with?

River call... meh

Did the solver really like raising flop? Feels -EV to me.

Last edited:
2nd hand looks fine aside from the 3b sizing being small. 2.75x is more of a 4b sizing. 3b are typically 3x-4x from everything I've seen. What is 2.75x doing for you? You are giving odds to call on light 3b and missing value when you have premiums.

1st hand I don't like anything.

Fold pre would have been totally acceptable.

Raise flop... why? Call fine here.

Turn call.... you just raised a flop cbet and V continued to lead turn on a blank. What are you beating that he does this with?

River call... meh

Did the solver really like raising flop? Feels -EV to me.

Yea my 3B sizing needs to be tightened up. I am all over the place and will vary throughout a session if I am playing against a group that has been sitting at the table for longer than 15-20min. Figure someone might be paying attention.

1st hand solver review:

I made multiple mistakes.

A call is fine pre flop from my position but 63% of the time I need to fold. A call is about 35%. I was looking to take the pot from some A10 type garbage.

A pot sized or more bet on the flop would have made his call or any raise -EV for his range. By making my smaller raise on the flop he is calling that bet 45% of the time and folding 33%.

On the turn his hand range is betting 1/2 pot 77% of the time so his bet sizing was not quite optimal, leaving an opening for me to make a better move which I did not. I need to call that bet 60% of the time. If I make a pot-sized or more re-raise he has to start folding 50% of the time or more. All-in on the turn is his next best move if I make the right sized bet. So my mistake makes his call correct. As played his turn check is correct 72% of the time. I needed to make a 25% pot sized bet 50% of the time.

I pot-committed myself with my bet sizing on the river. His river move to my river bet size is fold 51% of the time and his second best play is all-in 40% of the time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom