8V Compression Clay Blowout Sale (1 Viewer)

We have played with the 8V more of course.
Guess the only way to find out how they hold up for me is to order a big set lol. I do like the look of the 8Vs a lot. Maybe I should get a sample of those before pulling the trigger on spirit molds. I just really like the feel and sharp edges of em.

More variety in the spirit mold at chips and games. WE all really like the Pinks.
I'm probably going with white quarter, blue dollar, and yellow (pink/blue spots) for 5s. Then just use the 25s and 100s I have.

I'd really like to use the solid red for quarters, but if they crumble there's no reason.

I'm too spoiled with lots of Paulson pink chips so I don't think I could handle the pink Spirit :LOL: :laugh:

I'm probably going with white quarter, blue dollar, and yellow (pink/blue spots) for 5s. Then just use the 25s and 100s I have.

I'd really like to use the solid red for quarters, but if they crumble there's no reason.

I'm too spoiled with lots of Paulson pink chips so I don't think I could handle the pink Spirit :LOL: :laugh:

I had the solid blues as quarters in my Spirit mold set, out of 100 I've lost about 15 to breakage just dealing blackjack on stream, with no harsh players handling them. Those things really are brittle as hell.

I had the solid blues as quarters in my Spirit mold set, out of 100 I've lost about 15 to breakage just dealing blackjack on stream, with no harsh players handling them. Those things really are brittle as hell.
Thanks for adding your experience.

Sounds like I should get some 8Vs first to see how I like em. Ideally a blue dollar, purple 5, brown 20 - those colors already long gone and tough to pry loose?
SOLIDS ARE BAD....spirit mold.
All solids or just greys?

I really liked how the black 8Vs looked when I still had some. I’d get some of those as well (I didn’t own any brown so I can’t compare the brown to black).

Reds definitely stacked lower than the other colors.

The one with the 4D14 edgespots are ...decent ish. I mean I use them.

Attachments

• 07c34fbe46326e1a01c93a4f42294f3fe091c94a-5.jpg
    07c34fbe46326e1a01c93a4f42294f3fe091c94a-5.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 301
  • 07c34fbe46326e1a01c93a4f42294f3fe091c94a-10.jpg
    07c34fbe46326e1a01c93a4f42294f3fe091c94a-10.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 290
  • 12 22 18 nh .jpg
    12 22 18 nh .jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 305
  • BF81DE44-E2FD-4109-BCBC-773B46F705CB.jpeg
    BF81DE44-E2FD-4109-BCBC-773B46F705CB.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 293
  • Grapefruit.jpg
    Grapefruit.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 284
  • Weller hardy 9 15 18.jpg
    Weller hardy 9 15 18.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 274
  • WH Cash Set NH .png
    WH Cash Set NH .png
    1 MB · Views: 272
If someone with snug chips has a caliper and can measure a barrel, I would appreciate it! If the chips are snug but still fit, I'm thinking I could just increase the width of the rack slightly by 0.5mm or so and it would work for all colors.
I only have these 4 colors anymore but the black chips are definitely the tallest in the batch that I have (all from Gene’s blow-out sale). You can barely tell when they are stacked next to each other but the tiny difference is noticable when trying to squeeze a barrel of the black chips in the rack.

686454E7-4758-45FA-BFAE-BC6783EC3D02.jpeg
0C96CA2B-375E-4D81-9012-99FF4347E66F.jpeg
27CF6A42-C53C-46AD-AE8C-C93E7B3D15BA.jpeg
BE676F20-58EF-4326-AC95-0E1A7068C526.jpeg

And these are the racks that fit these 8Vs. The barrel width seems to be thinner at the bottom of the rack.

EA84EE85-ABB9-42B9-89DC-792E1DE3981D.jpeg

D4C51EFD-5F10-4815-A097-ED6CDEB84647.jpeg

I only have these 4 colors anymore but the black chips are definitely the tallest in the batch that I have (all from Gene’s blow-out sale). You can barely tell when they are stacked next to each other but the tiny difference is noticable when trying to squeeze a barrel of the black chips in the rack.

View attachment 387243View attachment 387244View attachment 387245View attachment 387246

And these are the racks that fit these 8Vs. The barrel width seems to be thinner at the bottom of the rack.

View attachment 387247
View attachment 387249
Pics like these are why I love this place. The way y’all pay attention to details, measurements...amazing. So very cool.

Thanks for adding your experience.

Sounds like I should get some 8Vs first to see how I like em. Ideally a blue dollar, purple 5, brown 20 - those colors already long gone and tough to pry loose?

All solids or just greys?
@saleen121212 has a bunch of unlabeled 8v. 9 racks of unlabeled black, 199 blue, and a rack each of purple and brown (maybe 2 racks of purple). I'm borrowing them for limit games. But I don't need them. If you want some, he may accommodate.

@saleen121212 has a bunch of unlabeled 8v. 9 racks of unlabeled black, 199 blue, and a rack each of purple and brown (maybe 2 racks of purple). I'm borrowing them for limit games. But I don't need them. If you want some, he may accommodate.
I offered some up to @JeepologyOffroad, seems like he was good at that time (but may be interested now). If y’all ever move on from these, I’d definitely be interested @saleen121212!

Long shot here... but if anyone who bought a few thousand of these and never came around to finishing the project or moved on to bigger and better sets, let me know! I'm building a cash set of these and would love some blues, greens, blacks, grays, and reds. Shoot me a PM!

Right now I have browns, whites, and purples, all that is left in stock at ABC. I'm thinking browns as fracks/0.50, whites as $1 and Purple as $5. Running into dirty stack issues with the browns and purples , especially in low light. Ideally I would have blues as $1s, reds as $5s, but reds appear to be rare at this point. Really need 80-100 greens and a barrel or two of the black to fill out the bank for my $.50/1 and 1/2 games.

Long shot here... but if anyone who bought a few thousand of these and never came around to finishing the project or moved on to bigger and better sets, let me know! I'm building a cash set of these and would love some blues, greens, blacks, grays, and reds. Shoot me a PM!

Right now I have browns, whites, and purples, all that is left in stock at ABC. I'm thinking browns as fracks/0.50, whites as $1 and Purple as $5. Running into dirty stack issues with the browns and purples , especially in low light. Ideally I would have blues as $1s, reds as $5s, but reds appear to be rare at this point. Really need 80-100 greens and a barrel or two of the black to fill out the bank for my $.50/1 and 1/2 games.
@SeanGecko might be able to help you.

I'm guessing you have a better chance catching corona virus than you do finding reds that people are willing to part with.

I gotta say, we are over a year into using these chips for my monthly (not currently, thanks corona) tourneys and my players love them. Such a great deal on a good chip!

I gotta say, we are over a year into using these chips for my monthly (not currently, thanks corona) tourneys and my players love them. Such a great deal on a good chip!
Likewise. I got a nice set for our microstakes game. They stack great, look great, and are really durable. I’m very happy. Wish I had done a tourney set. Also wish I had been on the ball and grabbed reds. :(

Since we are talking about these again.....

Did all those with labels get them from ABC? I am thinking about buying a few hundred whites to go with my browns and old school blues....none of which have labels yet. Mainly because I havent thought of a final design for them. These are all for a limit game that I have decided I will need 2 tables for....one playing workhorse white chips and the other workhorse brown chips.....with rebuys and add ons in the blue $10 chips for both tables. Because, in my mind, this game will be the hottest thing in town and will need two tables.

I am an idiot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom