SOLD 800 Chip DiamondJack RHC Cash Set - Mint with Custom Fracs (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up on comments. Please check if you are listed correctly on the ad for the splits.

@CptainCanuck
@TheTrout
@taurenitis
@Rooster410

Minor rant, please do not comment dibs if you are going to change you mind in an hour. I’ve been a long time member, I know how it goes with window shopping and having a change of heart, but this behavior is why many posts start with “No Splits”. It’s hard to manage and coordinate as it, please don’t make it harder. Not a shot against anyone just a small PSA. Thank you all and end rant :tup:
This one thousand %. "Interested if split" and "dibs if split" DO NOT mean the same thing. Dibs is an absolute commitment to buy. Anyone who posts dibs, then backs out, ought to get negative feedback on their record.

This one thousand %. "Interested if split" and "dibs if split" DO NOT mean the same thing. Dibs is an absolute commitment to buy. Anyone who posts dibs, then backs out, ought to get negative feedback on their record.
I'm usually super laxed about it myself, it's just a trend that isn't great and I see more and more of it. I have impulse changes of heart all the time, so not hate from me. Just a little gentle education :).

I'm usually super laxed about it myself, it's just a trend that isn't great and I see more and more of it. I have impulse changes of heart all the time, so not hate from me. Just a little gentle education :).
But I don’t think some buyers understand the impact of their flippant “dibs” when they state their claim and then back out.

Potential buyers see dibs called on a sale and walk away because they believe there is no chance of buying the item because someone already called dibs. But then the false-dibs caller backs out of their dibs but the other potential buyers are now long gone.

In addition, it makes a seller’s thread a mess. And no one is going to scroll through two pages-worth of comments to see if the item is really dibbsed or not. It can really screw the seller over.

Anyone who posts dibs, then backs out, ought to get negative feedback on their record.
^^^ 100% agree with this. If not negative feedback, then maybe automatic stats that reflect how often a person calls false dibs and backs out of their commitment. But that would require a total restructuring of how items are purchased in the classifieds and dibs would have to be officially tracked.

Sorry @sheikh617 for jumping on you soapbox, but I too have been seeing this a lot.

But I don’t think some buyers understand the impact of their flippant “dibs” when they state their claim and then back out.

Potential buyers see dibs called on a sale and walk away because they believe there is no chance of buying the item because someone already called dibs. But then the false-dibs caller backs out of their dibs but the other potential buyers are now long gone.

In addition, it makes a seller’s thread a mess. And no one is going to scroll through two pages-worth of comments to see if the item is really dibbsed or not. It can really screw the seller over.

^^^ 100% agree with this. If not negative feedback, then maybe automatic stats that reflect how often a person calls false dibs and backs out of their commitment. But that would require a total restructuring of how items are purchased in the classifieds and dibs would have to be officially tracked.

Sorry @sheikh617 for jumping on you soapbox, but I too have been seeing this a lot.
Right like I saw the dibs on the 5s ignored the two racks dibs and then the two racks dibs backed out lol. It's just the nature of the game :sneaky:

To be fair a bit fair, the new guy posted that when the title/OP said they were THC. Still, y'all obviously have the correct sentiment overall.

GLWS

To be fair a bit fair, the new guy posted that when the title/OP said they were THC. Still, y'all obviously have the correct sentiment overall.

GLWS
That is true based on the time stamps. The fact that the seller had an error in the description allows for this argument to be made and allows a bidder to easily back of out a dibs claim. But I don't think that was the case here.

It is also fair to say the new guy didn't even look at the chips he was bidding on.
Did he not look at the closeup pictures of the $5s that clearly show RHC, not THC chips?
Did he did not question why he was getting THC chips at such a low price?
If he was making bidding decisions based on the mold, he would have noticed the mistake and not bid on them in the first place.

This isn't my sale and I don't even know who The Sheik is. But a guy's decision to back out of a dibs claim doesn't always fall on the shoulders of the seller. It is obvious both sides made a mistake here. No need to justify why the bidder made his mistake.
AGREE --- move it along....

That is true based on the time stamps. The fact that the seller had an error in the description allows for this argument to be made and allows a bidder to easily back of out a dibs claim. But I don't think that was the case here.

It is also fair to say the new guy didn't even look at the chips he was bidding on.
Did he not look at the closeup pictures of the $5s that clearly show RHC, not THC chips?
Did he did not question why he was getting THC chips at such a low price?
If he was making bidding decisions based on the mold, he would have noticed the mistake and not bid on them in the first place.

This isn't my sale and I don't even know who The Sheik is. But a guy's decision to back out of a dibs claim doesn't always fall on the shoulders of the seller. It is obvious both sides made a mistake here. No need to justify why the bidder made his mistake.
AGREE --- move it along....
Yeah I really don’t care that much, the little rant I posted was because I see it happening often across many posts, not just mine. I’m not overly concerned and new guy is fine in my book. We were all young chippers at a given point. No hard feelings here.

On with business please! Buy my chips :)

Happy to buy them if it’s that big of an issue.
Didn’t see the problem with backing out of a potential split before all parts of the sale were spoken for.

If someone else was truly interested it wouldn’t have been that hard to post a back up dibs. As I posted before I completely understand that it was annoying to the seller and the other interested parties for the split but I don’t really agree with the suggested negative feedback.

So in conclusion if you feel that strongly about it I’ll happily transfer the money and honour the offer.

Happy to buy them if it’s that big of an issue.
Didn’t see the problem with backing out of a potential split before all parts of the sale were spoken for.

If someone else was truly interested it wouldn’t have been that hard to post a back up dibs. As I posted before I completely understand that it was annoying to the seller and the other interested parties for the split but I don’t really agree with the suggested negative feedback.

So in conclusion if you feel that strongly about it I’ll happily transfer the money and honour the offer.
Nope no worries at all good sir :). Only buy them if you want or need them don’t feel obligated to, I didn’t take offense to it. Negative feedback is harsh I agree. We’re all good here folks. :tup:

I'm still a young chipper! I've done it once recently the excitement took over my body and I typed dibs. Then the real me came back and realized this was just a desire and not to give into every temptation as my wallet cannot support it. I still think dibs/then reverse dibs should be a thing until a pm is conducted for the final agreement . It helps us newbies with a little time to do quick research to make sure the new guy/girl isn't getting taken advantage of since a lot of this is still new to us and the value of all these sets can really vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom