Cancelled 560 Vegas World Tournament Hot Stamp chips + paraphernalia (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Marvelous

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
Hi,

I'm selling off a couple of chips.
My motorcycle got stolen a few months back, and since insurance didn't cover everything I need some cash to purchase a replacement.

On sale here is a Tournament set of 560 Paulson Vegas World (NCV) chips plus some nice promotional stuff.
My apologies for the blurry sides of the pictures, the lens on my phone's camera is busted so it won't focus properly.

Set consists of:
200x $5
200x $25
100x $100
40x $500
20x $1,000
1x 1985 America's Cup leaflet
5x full color photos
2x black & white photos

Chips have different hotstamps on each side.
Side A: Tournament Chip with the dollar value
Side B: Vegas World No Cash Value

Chips have seen play in Vegas World (defunct), but are still in pretty good condition. Edges are quite sharp. Hotstamps are perfect.

Looking for $1,500 + shipping
Paypal F&F

Not looking to split since the promotional items make the set (imho).
Shipping is from The Netherlands (Europe)

Paulson Vegas World NCV 01.jpgPaulson Vegas World NCV 02.jpg

So sorry to hear about your moto. I've had one stolen before and it totally sucks. Good luck with all your sales, hope it gets you the moto you want.

Last edited:
@Windwalker would you take most of them so I can take some? (I'm at 250, willing to go to 300).

Edit: To be precise, if split, I 'd be interested in 60 chips: 20xT5, 20xT25, 10xT100, 10xT500 and two of the photos, if possible.

Last edited:
Free bump!
I 'm still interested in taking 40 chips (20xT5 and 20xT25) if the buyer of the main lot is OK with that; plus a couple of the photos, if possible.

Thanks for the bump :).
I'd only be interested in splitting the set if all chips are accounted for. Still think it'd be a shame though.

The set has a great chip count for a 10 player deepstack T2,500, 250BB starting blinds, with enough chips for coloring up.

20x $5 (x10 = 200x $5)
16x $25 (x10 = 160x $25)
10x $100 (x10 = 100x $100)
2x $500 (x10 = 20x $500)

Leaves:
40x $25
20x $500
20x $1,000

Blinds:
5/10
5/15
10/20
15/30
20/40
30/60
50/100 (color up T5)
75/150
100/200
150/300
200/400 (color up T25)
300/600
400/800
600/1,200
1,000/2,000

Depending on how the buyer of the main lot sees it, I could spread my 40 chips-to-take to the higher end too (T500s and T1,000s).

Pursuant to PM communications, I 'm buying 40XT500 purple chips, at $2.5 each, plus shipping.
No photographs for me, unfortunately.
Is that verified?

Tks for getting back to me in PMs re my questions

Prior to dibs here by a few minutes, I’ll take backup on the whole thing. Sorry about your bike.

Sale backed out of by Bloody Marvellous. Deal with him at your own risk.
That's one interpretation of the facts... I told pltrgyst that I was considering another offer, for the same amount I should add just so there's no confusion, because this would keep the set intact and not split between three individuals. He was none too pleased about my this, and has just informed me that he's no longer interested in the purchase. Willing to share the PM's with anyone who's interested, but will not do so on the public forums.

This, of course, has made the decision a lot easier for me. The deal will go through for @SpaceMonkey420.

1. The chips were not going to be split at all. Bobb was interested in the photos.

2. I'm not bashful -- you judge:
----------------------------------------------------
Poker Chip Forum auction: 560 Vegas World Tournament Hot Stamp chips + paraphernalia

Participants Bloody Marvelous pltrgyst Start date Yesterday at 4:07 PM

Bloody Marvelous Yesterday at 4:07 PM

Hey Pltrgyst,

If you want the set, it's yours.

Could you send me your details and phone number, I can then calculate shipping.

Kind regards,
Eelco

-----

Bloody Marvelous Yesterday at 4:10 PM

I can send the stuff you'd like Bobb to have to France myself if you want. Shipping within the EU will be cheaper than shipping from the US to France.

-----

pltrgyst Yesterday at 4:12 PM

True. I'll have to see what Bobb says he wants.

My address is:
edit

and the phone is edit

Thanks!

-----

Bloody Marvelous Yesterday at 7:09 PM

Hi Larry,

I also got an offer for everything together for the asking price. As I mentioned in my classified post, I prefer to see the set stay together as a whole. Also, Bobb is haggling for a few bucks off, despite my efforts to save him some money in shipping by sending directly to him.

I hope you don't mind, I'm gonna think this over for a bit. I can make 3 people moderately happy with a few chips and photos to add to their existing sets, or make one person really happy with a fantastic combination without any hassles.

-----

pltrgyst Yesterday at 8:13 PM

Eelco,

Well, yeah, I do mind. I said I would take the entire offering, at the asking price, and I was first to respond. I am ready and willing to pay you in full upon receipt of your shipping quote. You are not obligated to do anything else, or to incur any hassles.

What I might have intended to do with them was not restricted in any way by your for sale ad. You were the one who suggested you might help facilitate a secondary sale by shipping to Bobb and/or Coyote, but that is not necessary, if it is an inconvenience for you.

Please just provide me a realistic shipping quote, and I will pay you in full. You ship all to me, and there are no problems. Thank you.

-- Larry

-----

Bloody Marvelous Yesterday at 8:50 PM

Larry,

I'll give you a chance to rephrase that last post.

-- Eelco

-----

pltrgyst Today at 7:36 AM

"Rephrase"? I don't think so. I've said nothing that I wouldn't be willing to post openly on PCF.

You're either a man of your word, or you're not. Simple.

-- Larry

-----

Bloody Marvelous Today at 7:57 AM

That's fair. I probably shouldn't have said "If you want them, they're yours". That's my mistake, and I apologize for that. However, I've tried to be accomodating to you guys, and it feels like that has gone unappreciated at the least.

I just needed a little time to ultimately decide that I should just sell them to you. Had your response been "You can just send everything to me, so you don't have that hassle", that would've sealed the deal.

Ultimately though, they're mine to sell to whomever I want, and right now I'm leaning heavily towards selling them to someone else. For me it makes no difference effort wise, other than that I'll feel better knowing I sent them to someone who'll appreciate them, and with whom I've had a constructive and pleasant conversation. If you feel that I'm not a man of my word if I decide to go that way, I'm sure I'll be able to live with that. No money has changed hands, so I'm under no obligation to send them to anyone yet.

-----

pltrgyst Today at 2:34 PM

>That's fair. I probably shouldn't have said "If you want them, they're yours". That's my mistake, and I apologize for that. However, I've tried to be accomodating to you guys, and it feels like that has gone unappreciated at the least.

I don't know why you would feel that way. I think your offer to ship some items to Bobb was definitely appreciated by me, and should have been by Bobb. I was kind of appalled to hear that he was negotiating price with you -- that should not have been.... BTW, I'm not making anything off Bobb and Coyote, just trying to help them out.

>I just needed a little time to ultimately decide that I should just sell them to you. Had your response been "You can just send everything to me, so you don't have that hassle", that would've sealed the deal.

That was always the case, and I think I said so very clearly -- twice -- above: "Please just provide me a realistic shipping quote, and I will pay you in full. You ship all to me, and there are no problems." and "I said I would take the entire offering, at the asking price ... I am ready and willing to pay you in full upon receipt of your shipping quote. You are not obligated to do anything else, or to incur any hassles."

>Ultimately though, they're mine to sell to whomever I want, and right now I'm leaning heavily towards selling them to someone else. For me it makes no difference effort wise, other than that I'll feel better knowing I sent them to someone who'll appreciate them, and with whom I've had a constructive and pleasant conversation. If you feel that I'm not a man of my word if I decide to go that way, I'm sure I'll be able to live with that. No money has changed hands, so I'm under no obligation to send them to anyone yet.

They are certainly legally yours to sell to whomever you want, but there are rules and customs within PCF as well. They may not have legally-enforceable consequences, but they do have an effect on your reputation and your future dealings within PCF (not to mention future dealings in general between European and US PCFers). I've wrestled with the same principles when selling, and you can see [*] wrestling with the same problem right now in some of his ads.

It's not Earth-shattering to me. At one point, I owned 3/4 of all the Vegas Worlds, and I sold most of them. I have a nice STT set of 500+ left, and I don't really need any more. I offered to buy yours because I like to see rare larger sets stay together as much as possible, and these were being broken up all over the place. In the seven year history of PCF, there has been no one who has appreciated these chips more than I have. The evidence is there in posts for all to see, and has been quoted by others in selling their Vegas Worlds.

As to your word, you can be your own judge. Your word in PCF was that you would sell the entire lot to the first person who was willing to pay your asking price. Now you're saying that is not the case. It's that simple: You have refused to provide a shipping quote, accept payment, and ship the offered goods, thereby negating our contract. And there it ends.

-- Larry

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey Pltrgyst,

Kind regards,
Eelco
That looks like a deal to me. I stopped reading after that. According to bird law, you are now owed a Tufted Puffin. I rest my case.

I will vouch that that is the complete and unedited thread between me and pltrgyst.

Everyone is free to feel about this how they will. I was faced with a dilemma, as my classified stated: "Not looking to split since the promotional items make the set (imho)." This may have been written ambiguously, and misinterpreted because of that, for which I do apologize, but the intent was to sell the set in its entirety so it stays one set. I also made this clear in my message at 7:09PM local pltrgyst time.

I will vouch that that is the complete and unedited thread between me and pltrgyst.

Everyone is free to feel about this how they will. I was faced with a dilemma, as my classified stated: "Not looking to split since the promotional items make the set (imho)." This may have been written ambiguously, and misinterpreted because of that, for which I do apologize, but the intent was to sell the set in its entirety so it stays one set. I also made this clear in my message at 7:09PM local pltrgyst time.
Participants Bloody Marvelous pltrgyst Start date Yesterday at 4:07 PM

Hey Pltrgyst,

Kind regards,
Eelco
But. Dat.

The seller could have explicitly said that this is NOT a dibs sale and that he reserves the right to sell to whomever he likes and not to the first respondent. He didn't say so.
Moreover, he "liked" the posts by me and Bobb59 talking about a split if the main buyer would be OK with that.
Then, another buyer comes out of the shadows as one, without having posted here.

They 're chips; not Covid or cancer pills, but still it's a pitty to not observe some rules of clarity.

:rolleyes:

Seems cut and dried to me, when you offer something for sale and then back out to take another (probably higher, we certainly won't know) offer that is totally bad form. You can do what you want but that kind of Karma will come back to bite you and has been duly noted.
If that's what you want to believe that's fine. I'm not too concerned about my rating, particularly because nobody is getting cheated out of money here. I had 5 chipsets, one (the Paulson Noirs) I sold off two years ago to partially fund my motorcycle which got stolen a few months back. I'm now selling off 3 of the remaining 4 to partially fund a replacement so I can get back to riding.

The poker boom has been over in The Netherlands a long time now, and I haven't had a use for poker chips other than to look at them for over 4 years. I've rarely found myself revisiting poker forums and websites since the games died down. The only set I'm holding on to is the PNY, since it took me many years, and many transactions with forum members here and on Home Poker Tourney to accumulate.

I still love the game, and I've gone so far as to travel from The Netherlands to The Rio on 3 separate occasions just so I could participate in WSOP $1500 Limit events (Omaha Hi-Lo, HORSE, and Dealer's Choice). Unfortunately, all people wanted to play over here was NLHE. Should poker ever make a comeback here, I know I'll have a chipset that can handle pretty much any type and size game, and I'll be more than happy to dive back into the hobby.

The seller could have explicitly said that this is NOT a dibs sale and that he reserves the right to sell to whomever he likes and not to the first respondent. He didn't say so.
Moreover, he "liked" the posts by me and Bobb59 talking about a split if the main buyer would be OK with that.
Then, another buyer comes out of the shadows as one, without having posted here.

They 're chips; not Covid or cancer pills, but still it's a pitty to not observe some rules of clarity.
I will say that you were the only reason I hadn't made up my mind yet. It was a dilemma to me because I didn't want to disappoint anyone. The haggling for what amounted to less than $10 in shipping to Bobb, and the tone of the response by pltrgyst didn't do that any favors. Had he expressed his understanding like he did in his final response, this would've probably gone very differently.

Whether fortunately or unfortunately (depending on the party I suppose), the decision was ultimately made by pltrgyst.

I just want to correct one thing. I’ve offered the same price all along.
$100 shipped for the lot. I never asked to lower the price after.
Tell me if I’m wrong.
it's a good price!
prix vw.jpg

I had asked some questions. Got my answers. Came to buy the set. It was spoken for an hour earlier. Now, I haven’t owned 3/4 the set, or drooled on these the last 7 years online, but I’ll HAVE a recessed display being built over my poker table and if I had these they would remain sealed in it. I also will pay $1500. I will also keep it all together. I will try to add to it although not my strong point. I will NOT play it. I also will NOT buy it if it ain’t kosher like the crunchy dills. I just posted a backup dibs. Behind the scenes look [I actually called dibs] but didn’t realize I have pltrgeek blocked (not a fan) and when I read “blocked posters messages or whatever” pltrgeast had called dibs so I had to edit my post quickly to just backup. Now I’m more confused then anything. Soon as the old fart releases dibs I say SHIP IT. Don’t wanna give anyone a heart palpitation over chips though, besides he prob needs more.

Last edited:
I had asked some questions. Got my answers. Came to buy the set. It was spoken for an hour earlier. Now, I haven’t owned 3/4 the set, or drooled on these the last 7 years, but I’ll HAVE a recessed display being built over my poker table and if I had these they would remain sealed in it. I also will pay $1500. I will also keep it all together. I will try to add to it although not my strong point. I will NOT play it. I also will NOT buy it if it ain’t kosher like the crunchy dills. I just posted a backup dibs. Behind the scenes look [I actually called dibs] but didn’t realize I have pltrgeek blocked (not a fan) and when I read “blocked posters messages or whatever” pltrgeast had called dibs so I had to edit my post quickly to just backup. Now I’m more confused then anything. Soon as the old fart releases dibs I say SHIP IT. Don’t wanna give anyone a heart palpitation over chips though, besides he prob needs more.
@SpaceMonkey420 for President 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom