4th of July Plans (1 Viewer)

Getting ready.
BB42FE84-FFAC-4790-BC9F-4575D2FD09B3.jpeg

A70B601F-C2FF-41E5-8BEB-3703FAC2AE00.jpeg

....Had a guy called Vince Gill singing Glenn’s parts and Glenn’s son was playing guitar too.

Vince Gill is one of the US's most talented musicians, an outstanding guitarist and fine singer to boot. He made his reputation in country, but musically he fits in anywhere. He fronted Pure Prairie League ("Amy") decades ago, and was invited by Mark Knopfler to join Dire Straits. If you ever get the opportunity to catch him with the Time Jumpers, do so! And take a look at his home studio here: https://youtu.be/SjZMDqnmBsg

Deacon Frey usually sings a couple of his dad's songs as well.

....Joe is as mad as a bag of hedgehogs tripping on acid...

Yep -- but man, can he play and sing!

KIMG0731.JPG
Hope everyone had a great 4th! The races in haggerstown were fantastic, saw some fireworks driving back home! Other than an 8 hour service call at Andrews air Force Base at 2:30 for a opossum that decided to crawl into a transformer it was a good day!!! Ms. @FordPickup92 said I had to post a picture of the 4th of July chips... There they are, anyone know if CPC puts these holidays chips out every year or was it only in 2016? I've never seen any other ones... Damn it back to chip talk when we are supposed to be enjoying the Holiday!

The Fourth of July wedding turned out to be nice. Reception on the bay was beautiful and lots of fireworks in the distance.

The highlight for me was the best man speech: “it’s ironic on a night when most people are celebrating independence, you voluntarily gave up yours”

Vince Gill is one of the US's most talented musicians, an outstanding guitarist and fine singer to boot. He made his reputation in country, but musically he fits in anywhere. He fronted Pure Prairie League ("Amy") decades ago, and was invited by Mark Knopfler to join Dire Straits. If you ever get the opportunity to catch him with the Time Jumpers, do so! And take a look at his home studio here: https://youtu.be/SjZMDqnmBsg

Deacon Frey usually sings a couple of his dad's songs as well.

Yep -- but man, can he play and sing!
I’m going to try and find some of his solo stuff and see if I like it. Poor guy sang one of his own songs and that signalled a stampede to the toilets :LOL: :laugh:

Having some 4th of July fun at Lake Tahoe this year. Great fireworks show on the lake. So many people here! It's crazy.

IMG_20190704_215034.jpg
IMG_20190704_190751.jpg
IMG_20190704_214153.jpg
IMG_20190704_211121.jpg
IMG_20190704_215043.jpg

I’m going to try and find some of his solo stuff and see if I like it. Poor guy sang one of his own songs and that signalled a stampede to the toilets :LOL: :laugh:

That's to be expected when you perform in front of a horde of weak-bladdered Scots who can't hold their whisky and have spent a lifetime being inured to melody and deafened by bagpipes... :LOL: :laugh:

We Welsh don't have those problems. :p

-- Larry

That's to be expected when you perform in front of a horde of weak-bladdered Scots who can't hold their whisky and have spent a lifetime being inured to melody and deafened by bagpipes... :LOL: :laugh:

We Welsh don't have those problems. :p

-- Larry
Can’t disagree with you about the bagpipes. The Welsh not have problems on the other hand... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

You're just jealous 'cuz our sheep are sexier than your sheep.

(p.s.: I actually like the sound of bagpipes...)

To quote one of my favorite podcasters (BK Actual). “Leave the dogs, horses, and sheep alone. Have your way with the cats.”

You're just jealous 'cuz our sheep are sexier than your sheep.

(p.s.: I actually like the sound of bagpipes...)
Ha ha that’s true!!

The bagpipes do my head in. Probably because I can hear out of tune pipers busking from my office window!!

Sir - I work for the sole purpose of taking vacations. Some people buy chips. I vacation!! :)

This is me and my wife!
I have lived in my house for 15+ years and have a couple of rooms that have never had furniture. When it comes time to buy we say - well we could go here or there instead and the travel always wins out.
For the first time my adult kids both have full time big people jobs and were able to travel with us this year to Europe on their own dime. Doesn't get much better than that.

Sir - I work for the sole purpose of taking vacations. Some people buy chips. I vacation!!

Then you're really going to enjoy retirement!

We were away from home for over three and a half months total last year, and we're on pace for the same this year. Trying to focus on the US for the rest of this year, because we have the Southwest companion pass. So already booked are Nashville next week, then New Orleans, San Antonio, Vegas, Seattle, San Francisco, Denver, DC again, Aruba in December. Trying to work Hawaii in for November. Another repositioning cruise to Europe next spring, with a few more weeks wandering around over there.

Sometimes we have to remind ourselves that we retired to Florida because we like it so much...

Then you're really going to enjoy retirement!

We were away from home for over three and a half months total last year, and we're on pace for the same this year. Trying to focus on the US for the rest of this year, because we have the Southwest companion pass. So already booked are Nashville next week, then New Orleans, San Antonio, Vegas, Seattle, San Francisco, Denver, DC again, Aruba in December. Trying to work Hawaii in for November. Another repositioning cruise to Europe next spring, with a few more weeks wandering around over there.

Sometimes we have to remind ourselves that we retired to Florida because we like it so much...

^ The Good Life right there^

I am living the constantly wandering life that you all would like to:)
I've been in Mexico for the last few months. I'll be back in Florida soon for the Fall.
Currently taking suggestions for next destination.
Costa Rica, Slovenia, Uruguay ....they say its a Small World, but its not:)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom