43mm Project Discussion (2 Viewers)

What's the recess size planned? I think a 43mm CC would benefit with a smaller recess similar to the 43mm sunfly hybrids with the smaller size recess (25mm?) - might help them to be less slippery.

A grand size recess (1 1/16) would be ideal. And a 3T18 edgespot like this: chipstack.png

Last edited:
A grand size recess (1 1/16) would be ideal. And a 3T18 edgespot like this:View attachment 224914

I definitely agree that a larger recess for a label would be awesome. I don’t think that less surface area on the chip itself would be as much of an issue as they are on the Sunfly 43mm chips as it’s a completely different material. I feel like it’d be relative to China Clay’s that use a 1” label.

I’d love to hear what @Apache is thinking. I love the idea of the Super High Roller Bowl inspired chips, and it wouldn’t be difficult to mock-up a T25 and a T100 for that set. If a T5 were to be mocked up, that would make for eight denominations (T5/T25/T100/T500/T1K/T5K/T25K/T100K) and would look AMAZING in stacks IMO.

I definitely agree that a larger recess for a label would be awesome. I don’t think that less surface area on the chip itself would be as much of an issue as they are on the Sunfly 43mm chips as it’s a completely different material. I feel like it’d be relative to China Clay’s that use a 1” label.

The more surface area the more friction. I can't see how it wouldn't make a difference.

Aside from the stackability and slippery-ness question though, I personally prefer a larger chip face. I tend to think that the majority of chippers would agree, ala THC vs RHC. I like a good giant inlay sometimes, but I generally much prefer a smaller inlay and more chip color and edgespot visibility.

The more surface area the more friction. I can't see how it wouldn't make a difference.

Aside from the stackability and slippery-ness question though, I personally prefer a larger chip face. I tend to think that the majority of chippers would agree, ala THC vs RHC. I like a good giant inlay sometimes, but I generally much prefer a smaller inlay and more chip color and edgespot visibility.

Agreed but the balance has to be perfect like thc chips. I'm not a fan of tiny labels on huge chips either.

Agreed but the balance has to be perfect like thc chips. I'm not a fan of tiny labels on huge chips either.

Okay, that's fair. I personally really like the look of the 43mm sunfly chips with the 25mm label, but if it was a little larger I could still be into it and it would still maintain that larger appeal.

I guess 1 1/16 inch is only 27.05mm so maybe we aren't so far off.

Discussion might be moot anyways if the mold is already set.

Okay, that's fair. I personally really like the look of the 43mm sunfly chips with the 25mm label, but if it was a little larger I could still be into it and it would still maintain that larger appeal.

Ya I don't have anything to reference size wise so I'd have to see the final design but I'm sure Josh will knock it out of the park

For the record the Sunfly 43mm chips with smaller inlays sound, look and feel better than the larger in my opinion. More clay surface area always is less slippery and sounds better. I think 1” inlay max would be ideal for these.

For the record the Sunfly 43mm chips with smaller inlays sound, look and feel better than the larger in my opinion. More clay surface area always is less slippery and sounds better. I think 1” inlay max would be ideal for these.
I agree

I’m also curious as to which way people are leaning regarding the edge spots. Some people seem to like the SHRB idea while others are in favor of the Aria-style high denom spots.

I’m also curious as to which way people are leaning regarding the edge spots. Some people seem to like the SHRB idea while others are in favor of the Aria-style high denom spots.
I like both options, but for me, the SHRB would be great for tournaments as I have a CPC cash set that resembles the high denom chips. I might be swayed to get a limit set of one of the high denoms as well :), or any other high roller chip from off the strip that looks good.

I like both options, but for me, the SHRB would be great for tournaments as I have a CPC cash set that resembles the high denom chips. I might be swayed to get a limit set of one of the high denoms as well :), or any other high roller chip from off the strip that looks good.

I also like the SHRB style chips for tournaments, and I’m a sucker for the 6d18 spots.

My vote, as in the previous thread, would be for an Aria high roller cash style set (i.e. like the OP mock suggests - flag, melon, cranberry, etc) as opposed to the SHRB. I think the SHRB colors are going to get a little washed out in china clay and lose contrast.

1544196183340.png

Edit: pasted image for reference.

My vote, as in the previous thread, would be for an Aria high roller cash style set (i.e. like the OP mock suggests - flag, melon, cranberry, etc) as opposed to the SHRB. I think the SHRB colors are going to get a little washed out in china clay and lose contrast.

View attachment 225192

Edit: pasted image for reference.

As Josh previously stated there deffinately could be copy right issue with copying exact chips. Custom chips done like these are not for sale to general trade while Apaches would be. Be amazing to see but imo they will have to tweak the design slightly per chip if copying SHR cash chips. The SHRB tournament set could be same issue but hopefully since not copying a cash chip might be able to be made. Excited to see where this project goes none the less.

For me the spot patterns don't matter so much, I'm sure they'll be awesome, but bright colours are what's missing from current CC offerings. They all seem muted when compared to Paulson or TRK. I don't know if it's possible with CC but I'd love to see rich yellow, orange, red etc.

For me the spot patterns don't matter so much, I'm sure they'll be awesome, but bright colours are what's missing from current CC offerings. They all seem muted when compared to Paulson or TRK. I don't know if it's possible with CC but I'd love to see rich yellow, orange, red etc.

In person the majestic lines green, yellow and orange is amazing for CC imho. Pink is good also for CC.

Same makers for the 43mm project so people should be excited.

As Josh previously stated there deffinately could be copy right issue with copying exact chips. Custom chips done like these are not for sale to general trade while Apaches would be. Be amazing to see but imo they will have to tweak the design slightly per chip if copying SHR cash chips. The SHRB tournament set could be same issue but hopefully since not copying a cash chip might be able to be made. Excited to see where this project goes none the less.

Sure. I'm not suggesting a true copy of the label or edge spots. I'm not sure China clays can even come close on all of those Paulson patterns anyway. The colors, though, are really great. Even if they were all 814 and 8v they'd work well.

In person the majestic lines green, yellow and orange is amazing.

I couldnt have said it better. These are my 3 favorite CC chips of all the ones available on the market today. Color schemes are great (vibrant etc).

I would already own a full custom denom cash set using these 3 chips if I was able to justify 70c / china clay chip (after the label changes), but I just cannot do it when these chips cost "pennies" to make. They are just not worth that cost! When the original majestics came out, someone remind me, we'rent they 26c per blank with 5c a label? I wish I would have got in on that.

If an 8v is chosen, make sure the spots are not all one color or it will be difficult to tell what the main chip color is when only seeing the edges.

I would be in for 39mm's and I like 25's and 100's too. Traditional colors please!

The $5,000 Aria white, red and blue chip reminds me of a dice chip haha.

CCs in recent history feature 8v, 4v418 (aka triangle and stick), what would be described as a 3D14, and a 4T18 (guessing, these aren't patterns on the design tool at present).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom