43mm Project Discussion (9 Viewers)

Not the top right.

All others are fine.

Will these all be cash chips, or will there be non-currency tourney versions as well?

The bigger the denom font the better IMO. That leaves the top 2 and bottom left an option. I think I'd like the bottom left without the word DOLLARS.

@Apache , can you please confirm if there will be a 39mm option and if we will be able to buy labels for custom denom colors. Thanks!

Bottom left I reckon. Looking good Josh, can’t wait to the line up

Top left text with the top right burst. If you're making an Aria tribute then bottom but shouldn't these be their own thing?

Yeah Im bummed too. I dont really see much of a diffs in 43mm vs 39mm. I do like how they make them more unique but then again, that comes at the expense of having to lay out for an arsenal of 43mm racks, and there are like zero options for off the shelf 43mm travel cases etc. I dont know. Looking forward to seeing the design for the full set this weekend, but 43mm only may be a deal breaker for me. TBD.

I like the bottom right slightly more than the bottom left. Bigger font on script, smaller font on denom, curve-hugging text. But then again, I'd be more in for blanks anyway, so what the heck do I know.

I may be in the minority here, but I like similar edge spots for tournament chips. I’ve also never been crazy about the white $5K with the red and blue spots. I think the SHRB chips could do well as long as the colors are right.

Are beveled edges part of the mold, or do they come from a different part of the China Clay process? I’m curious because I saw this photo of NexGen China Clays, and they’re far sharper-looking than anything else I’ve seen.

279FB043-272D-47B1-8708-66A28F36107A.jpeg

Nexgen Pro chips are not china clays, they are injection-molded plastic with no metal insert. And yes, the bevel is designed as part of the mold ring.

Nexgen Pro chips are not china clays, they are injection-molded plastic with no metal insert. And yes, the bevel is designed as part of the mold ring.

So, theoretically, it wouldn’t be difficult to incorporate a sharper edge into a CC mold?

The spirit molds have sharp edges. 8v’s, not so much, and Majestics even more bevel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom