43mm Project Discussion (3 Viewers)

There was a guy that used to render chips so we can see what they look like in stacks etc. Is he still around on PCF? I would be curious to see how these different color combo options come out. It may swing opinion to see all the chips in stacks.

There was a guy that used to render chips so we can see what they look like in stacks etc. Is he still around on PCF? I would be curious to see how these different color combo options come out. It may swing opinion to see all the chips in stacks.
@Ray-Col

But he hasn't been on in almost a year.

I just noticed that all the chips have a 4x multiple on the edge spots other than the blue 25k. Maybe a 4TA316 edgepots instead for the blue?

Agreed. The Red 5 may also need some love. Looks plain/dull sitting next to the rest.

Very interested in what is going on here.

Biggest concern for me right now is the coloring. CC is not always the most vibrant palette, and that is exactly what we are looking at here - bright vibrant colors.

I am in for 600 unless the prices come out stupid high, but I am keeping my excitement contained.

Agreed. The Red 5 may also need some love. Looks plain/dull sitting next to the rest.
Interesting...That may be one of the best red chips I have seen. The 5K seems a little ho hum to me in comparison (no offense tommy)

Interesting...That may be one of the best red chips I have seen. The 5K seems a little ho hum to me in comparison (no offense tommy)
It's funny how preferences are so subjective. The red $5 was the first one that I threw out from my (custom) breakdown.

The 5k is the easiest one for me to visualize, because the colors already exist.
IMG_0376.JPG

Note how "washed out" the black looks. It may improve with oil, but the concerns in trying to replicate a digital image as a chips color are real. The above pic was washed to remove factory dust, but not oiled.

It's funny how preferences are so subjective. The red $5 was the first one that I threw out from my (custom) breakdown.

The 5k is the easiest one for me to visualize, because the colors already exist.
View attachment 226708

Note how "washed out" the black looks. It may improve with oil, but the concerns in trying to replicate a digital image as a chips color are real. The above pic was washed to remove factory dust, but not oiled.
Very few red chips turn my crank (green either). Part of the problem with those was the experimental cross hatching we (the community) tried on them, I oiled mine and they look much better after, at least that chip. I dont own any Majestics but they seem to have done a much better job on the colors....at least in the pictures

I agree the cross-hatching was an issue, but many of the colors are muted on the Majestics as well. Better, but not as much "pop" as you get in a computer generated image.

I agree the cross-hatching was an issue, but many of the colors are muted on the Majestics as well. Better, but not as much "pop" as you get in a computer generated image.

IMO, the best color palletes on the Majestics, in this order, are the orange, green, yellow then the blue (the blue sort of, the contrast on this chip between colors isnt great, but its a decent chip so I included it). The purple in the Majestics set is blaaaaah, the red too etc. The rest are uninspiring.

It would be great if this 43mm CC set includes those same bright, vibrant color palletes.

img_6144-jpg.37595

01-jpg.146640

Last edited:
Here is the latest art. I tried to pay attention to all the posts and make everyone as happy as possible.
The $1000 chip is based on the $20 Aurora Star and the $25,000 is the Horseshoe. Also, I added a purple/pink chip to the lineup.
I do not see the need for any major changes here. Center artwork is next!

View attachment 226473

Sweet mother of good. Are you sure we have to have these be china clays? How do we get CPC or Paulson to make this lineup of beautiful chips. I don't know that I would change anything.

I just think orange black and white is kind of plain relative to the other chips. I like playing around on Paletton.com for color schemes as shown below. So orange green blue, or orange green purple would be cool.

1544645110275.png

1544644729386.png
1544645207809.png

Maybe just me but I'm not a fan of the "ROYAL" theme.
Maybe something like....
1544863142827.png

Last edited:
I'd love to do it with Inkscape, but there would be a lot of limitations of what I can.

I'm loving the set so far, but may I suggest a tri-moon for the $25. I've never seen a green one and I think it would make the $25,000, which I love, stand out less.

I have been very busy with XMAS orders so this has been going a little slow. I will put more time into it next week.
For now let me know if you are happy with the art.
Should we change name to High Roller or go without a name? New name or layout etc.

ap_43mm1c-jpg.229010
ap_43mm1c.jpg
ap_43mm1d (1).jpg

Last edited:
No Name for me, I like the arched lettering, still niether here nor there on the water mark, Starburst feels a little busy to me

Background
Script R looks classy
Sunburst is nice - I would typically expect this to be color matched to chip base color

Theme
Script Royal is classy
High Roller fits your chip theme
No theme is generic is boring

Takes on Royal
King, Queen, Monarch, Crown, Summit, Noble, Palace, Prince, Emperor, Lord

I like Summit –nice old school Vegas reference - the guys in the Rat Pack never called it the Rat Pack. They called it the Clan or the Summit. I don’t think The Clan would go over well.

Takes on High Roller
Whale, Millionaire, Million or Millions, Billionaire, Billion or Billions, Giant, Colossus, Hercules, Goliath, Leviathan, Titan, Jumbo

Just wondering if you guys would like to see more art.
I think an updated High Roller set might be good. (We will be keeping the same edge spots. That will not change)
Or a less themed chip.
If you guys are interested in seeing this let me know. If not I will go forward with the Royal layout.

gallery_1549_262_314414.jpg

12s.jpg

I am basically following this for the blanks or relabel possibilities. Actual inlay matters zero to me. Edgespots look great. Hoping the actual colors are equally vibrant.

This. I’m in for custom denom colors using whatever stock labels you bring out. Just waiting to see how this all pans out.

For the record though, I prefer the Royal design with smaller inlays. More chip area = more win IMO.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom