4 color decks, bridge size? (1 Viewer)

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Anybody know where I can find 4 color decks in bridge size? Jumbo would be a plus, plastic is a must.
Couldn’t find any on Amazon or eBay, so chances are they don’t exist.

4-color-bridge-display.jpg

I have never seen 4 color jumbo bridge. I would buy some if you found them. Love 4 color.

Also out of stock, basically no one sells 4 color decks anymore. I bought out as many as I could of the Copag before they all went out of stock over a year ago. Modiano discontinued theirs according to some emails I had with them. Its a sad day that we cant get any.

Last edited:
Also out of stock, basically no one sells 4 color decks anymore. I bought out as many as I could of the Copag before they all went out of stock over a year ago. Modiano discontinued theirs according to some emails I had with them. Its a sad day that we cant get any.
That stinks.
But there’s got to be some NOS somewhere. I’ll wait for it to surface.

I know you want bridge sized, but there’s also some Gemaco 4 color set ups out there if you’re dead set on 4 color decks. There were some on eBay recently.

I know you want bridge sized, but there’s also some Gemaco 4 color set ups out there if you’re dead set on 4 color decks. There were some on eBay recently.
Yeah, there's plenty of Copag poker sized ones on eBay too. I just thought I'd grab a deck on a whim, to try with OFCP -- but seems like a no-brainer that OFCP cards should be bridge size. Also, the copag's on eBay all have that wacky pip in every corner design. Doesn't that seem kind of busy? It's like the cards are yelling at you.
s-l50550.jpg

Right, because telling the suits apart isn't important in Hold'em or stud games...... o_O :rolleyes:
I've never had a problem telling the suits apart. I like 4 color decks for more easily identifying flushes in omaha type games.

I've never had a problem telling the suits apart. I like 4 color decks for more easily identifying flushes in omaha type games.
lol, because easily identifying flushes has nothing to do with telling the suits apart....

You speak with forked tongue, sir.

lol, because easily identifying flushes has nothing to do with telling the suits apart....

You speak with forked tongue, sir.
Just thinking out loud. I've never played stud live, but I can see a 4-color deck being helpful with that too. But holdem? I can't see how it would help.

But holdem? I can't see how it would help.

Depending on the brand of cards in use, it could make it easier to easily differentiate suits, even in holdem. As per this article regarding the Modano cards used at the 2015 WSOP (https://www.pokernews.com/news/2015/06/negreanu-issue-with-new-modiano-decks-21812.htm)

"But the bigger problem is the way they manufactured them. The clubs and spades are similar in shape. A spade is usually pointy and has a rough edge. These ones are rounded, so it's very difficult to tell them apart, especially if you don't have great eyesight."

But holdem? I can't see how it would help.
Both hold'em and omaha have five community cards located at a distance from each player, which is where most suit identification errors occur -- not in the player's hand, whether two cards, three cards, or four.

I believe there was a thread awhile back debating the 4 color deck. I was surprised that most people were against it. I didnt see amy downside to having 4 suits, each a different design and color, but there was a lot of pushback. My guess as to the reason why is that is what they are used to their entire lives so they didn' want a change.

To finish my thought: I wish the 4 color was the standard.

Last edited:
I use a 4-color deck online, but find it distracting in live games. I suspect that would quickly wear off in time if it became a standard.

Resurrecting this topic because I'm in search of these now myself and figure it has been a few years since this was posted.

But I am specifically looking for normal index bridge size 4-color. Seems like a needle in a haystack still. But these... any chance they are still available somewhere? And, of course, any other options?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom