36mm chips - racks/boxes/storage available??? (1 Viewer)

Gavin

Flush
Reaction score
Quick question: are there any type of boxes (warneke-like), or racks, or some other storage items specifically for 36mm chips?

I know they fit regular 39mm boxes/racks/etc, but I'd really like to take advantage of their smaller size.
Especially when travelling with a set (like, overseas), where smaller is actually better (size and weight) :p...

Anyone?

I did use this “bin” I purchased at The Container Store for my overseas trip. Worked well enough and held 320 chips.
1716612219740.jpeg
1716612261483.jpeg

1716612306340.jpeg
1716612339771.jpeg

But… looking for other options…

Anyone else? :unsure:

Easy enough. What's desired rack size?
another option is coin storage tubes or maybe even paper rolls if trying to save weight and only using them for travel infrequently.

Lastly. Probably wouldn't be that hard to take a warneke box and just scale it down. Make a printed scaled down pattern of it at staples or office supply place on thick card stock and cut/bend where needed.

I did use this “bin” I purchased at The Container Store for my overseas trip. Worked well enough and held 320 chips.
View attachment 1333995View attachment 1333996
View attachment 1333997View attachment 1333998

But… looking for other options…

Anyone else? :unsure:
This is the most compact that I have seen, I would be interested in 2 or 3. What is the container marketed as? Ie product type name category....were I to search for something similar in let's say....Canada.

Thanks

This is the most compact that I have seen, I would be interested in 2 or 3. What is the container marketed as? Ie product type name category....were I to search for something similar in let's say....Canada.

Thanks
I think this is it: https://www.containerstore.com/s/office/craft-hobby/tarnish-inhibitor-cases/12d?productId=10028032

I ended up shaving off the molded parts with an exact knife where you slide the dividers in:
1716658007780.jpeg

If you get these, let me know how it goes…
:)

Easy enough. What's desired rack size?
another option is coin storage tubes or maybe even paper rolls if trying to save weight and only using them for travel infrequently.

Lastly. Probably wouldn't be that hard to take a warneke box and just scale it down. Make a printed scaled down pattern of it at staples or office supply place on thick card stock and cut/bend where needed.
Really like the idea of a “custom Warneke” box…. Might have to investigate that option…

Thanx!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom