$350 chair budget (1 Viewer)

Lent53

High Hand
Reaction score
Need to get some new chairs for my recently upgraded barrington table. I have $350 to spend on 9-10 chairs. I have been looking and banquet / church chairs and have seen some that fit in my budget. I also know from searching this forum that people recommend checking Craigslist and Facebook. I haven’t had much luck since I’m kind of picky about having the chairs in pretty nice shape. Any recommendations will be helpful!

At that price point you should be able to get some nice used gassers if you are patient. Worth the wait IMO.

At that price point you should be able to get some nice used gassers if you are patient. Worth the wait IMO.
Thanks I’ll keep my eye out. Does anyone have a set of the cheaper stackable padded banquet chairs that are decent?

I have some of what are probably called the Hercules chairs. They've held up alright for the price. I bought mine on Amazon in '13 but this company seems to have better pricing:

https://www.bizchair.com/
Thanks Mike. I’ve been looking at those and can get a new set of 10 well within my budget. Problem is that a lot of the websites that sell them cheap get horrible reviews and damaged items. Amazon has them too but they seem more expensive as you said.

Thanks Mike. I’ve been looking at those and can get a new set of 10 well within my budget. Problem is that a lot of the websites that sell them cheap get horrible reviews and damaged items. Amazon has them too but they seem more expensive as you said.

You get what you pay for. Mine arrived fully assembled but some were missing floor glides... so I have to buy some. Over the years, the backing has come off on some of them and needed to be reattached... and many floor glides have broken off.

I personally can live with those shortcomings because they're easy to repair. But if you want a higher quality product, you're probably going to have to increase your budget.

You get what you pay for. Mine arrived fully assembled but some were missing floor glides... so I have to buy some. Over the years, the backing has come off on some of them and needed to be reattached... and many floor glides have broken off.

I personally can live with those shortcomings because they're easy to repair. But if you want a higher quality product, you're probably going to have to increase your budget.
Understood. Thanks for the insight into those.

From time to time there are some posted on FB Marketplace. People copy that adds in "not mine" section...

I got 10 Stakmore Solid Wood Folding Chairs from Costco for $23ea on sale. They're comfortable, sturdy, folding, and look nice. Way better than folding church chairs.

I got 10 Stakmore Solid Wood Folding Chairs from Costco for $23ea on sale. They're comfortable, sturdy, folding, and look nice. Way better than folding church chairs.
perfect. I was looking at Costco website but didn’t see anything. Can you post a link to them. Thanks

I was looking at these. $260 for 10 delivered to my door. Not the best quality compared to Gasser and higher end stuff. But tough to beat for the price.

Hercules Chairs

Lots of forum members have stumbled across Gasser-quality chairs in their local community on Craigslist with shocking frequency. Perhaps keep an eye out. Any money you save on your chairs you can use toward upgrading your chips! :tup:

Lots of forum members have stumbled across Gasser-quality chairs in their local community on Craigslist with shocking frequency. Perhaps keep an eye out. Any money you save on your chairs you can use toward upgrading your chips! :tup:
Sorry... Do not agree in spirit... You can bet even with matches but when your ass is on fire it's hard to concentrate on play

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom