30th Anniversary Vacation Trip Report (1 Viewer)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Tomorrow Colleen and I fly out to Cancun. Were staying at Hyatt Zilara. After reading @Payback review (and a ton others) she finally committed to a spot. Usually we go with another couple or two. This time it will be just the two of us. We'll be staying six days.

Since I can't compete with @Poker Zombie on "written" trip reports. My will focus on imagery. I plan on live posting while on vacation. I'll randomly be adding photos to this thread. Follow if you care :)

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/mexico/hyatt-zilara-cancun/cunia

Take a boat to Isla Mujeres! Rent a golf cart and spend the day there. I can’t recommend it enough. It’s about 45 minutes by catamaran, or there’s a fast boat that gets you there really cheap.

My wife and I went to Cancun and stayed at the Moon Palace in 2013. We spend one day on Isla Mujeres and fell in love.

In 2015 we took about 10 people with us and just stayed on the island the whole time.

My wife packing

20190412_141706.jpg

I love vacation threads. Have fun!

Attachments

• 3C767B00-63D2-413C-8179-38982E8F34CF.jpeg
    3C767B00-63D2-413C-8179-38982E8F34CF.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 110
Tomorrow Colleen and I fly out to Cancun. Were staying at Hyatt Zilara. After reading @Payback review (and a ton others) she finally committed to a spot. Usually we go with another couple or two. This time it will be just the two of us. We'll be staying six days.

Since I can't compete with @Poker Zombie on "written" trip reports. My will focus on imagery. I plan on live posting while on vacation. I'll randomly be adding photos to this thread. Follow if you care :)

Awesome. Can't wait to here about your experience coming back. Another friend of mine is going memorial day weekend based upon my TR. They've never been international and are feeling comfortable going someone place I've been to a few times. Ultimately, I'm feeling a little pressure as I'm hoping you all enjoy it as much as my wife and I did. For those wondering here's the review:

https://pointmetotheplane.boardinga...ra-canucn-an-adults-only-all-inclusive-resort

Have fun and take lots of pictures!

ps: came here for the hot wife in bikini pics :watching::sneaky::cool:D

I know the Zilara is all-inclusive, but if you hanker to get out, Lorenzillo's seafood restaurant, practically right across the street, is excellent.

And if you take a trip downtown (well worth it, imo), Restaurante La Habichuela is the best traditional restaurant in the region. The perfect special place for an anniversary dinner! Try the shrimp in "Isla Negra" sauce made from cuitlacoche (corn fungus). (lahabichuela.com )

And a strong second for the previous recommendation for Isla Mujeres. Nothing like sitting on the beach under a palapa, with the table and chairs -- and your feet -- in the sand, eating a whole fish spiced Yucatan style, about fifty feet from the fishing boats!

Have a great time -- I'm sure you will!

(Just watch out for local water and fruit washed in the local water, unless you have faith in your local proctologist. Do not ask how I know. "Oh, hi, Doctor [Mary] Fang!")

Happy 30th to you guys you sure have lots to be proud of! Hope you both have a well deserved blast! Just be careful with Tequila this time Bill (somehow I doubt that will be a problem)!

CONGRATULATIONS my friend!!

Cancun is about the only place my wife and I go now. Hands down the best place in Mexico to visit.

ENJOY!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom