25NL Zone on Ignition: This one's a doozy (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Fast-fold anonymous Zone on Ignition. No HUDs no reads.
Hero looks down at KK in LJ (UTG in 6-max) and RFI for 2.5BB which is standard.

1638403893243.png

HJ calls.

1638403922582.png

BN 3! to 4x which makes sense IP. 3x + 1 for the HJ.

1638403946012.png

BB flat calls the 3! Now this is not a strong move obviously; neither HJ or BB are likely to be particularly strong, probably have low to medium PPs.
I think about my options:
1. FOLD - no way
2. CALL - no, I dont want to go multiway in a 3! pot with these two guys who are weak. Raising is a must.
3. RAISE - ok, so we're raising - what is our sizing here. Well at a minimum I should go 3x + 1 (for BB caller) + 1 (for being OOP to 3 bettor on BN) so 5x.

If I raise to 50BB and get called once the pot is going to be 125BB and I'll have 50BB behind. If I get called twice then the SPR is even smaller.
I think the only sizing here then is to jam. It will eliminate any V's positional advantage and doesnt leave me with a bad SPR with no room to maneuver or generate FE post flop.
I guess if I'm jamming here, this is the hand to do it with. Only BN can have AA as played IMHO and BN's 3! range is probably wide-ish as HJ is weak and I need to play tighter with HJ behind me, so BN can squeeze with less than AA/AK because it will be tough for me to call with HJ behind and it will be tough for HJ to call as he is capped/weak.
So we rip it in and hold our breath.

1638404010828.png

And we get called by BN and BB - yikes!!
There is a tiny side pot as BB over-jams an additional 5.5BB and BB calls.

1638404522434.png

Hero begins chanting HOLD, HOLD, HOLD, HOLD!

1638404571463.png

SCOOP!! Time for a fresh pair of undies!

1638404657737.png

I like it. Sometimes the stack sizes force a different play.

Wow, the TT flat-called a raise and reraise! What flop is good for him at this point? Ha ha.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom