2021 WSOP Full Schedule (1 Viewer)

kmccormick100

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
WSOP finally released the full schedule this morning!

https://www.wsop.com/tournaments/

2nd weekend looks like some good events for the low-mid stakes.
567CC30E-7027-455C-8069-344FF4881B9A.png

There's a number of events I'm interested in:

Fri Oct 1st (5 days) - EVENT #4 - THE REUNION NLHE - $500 / $5 Million Gtd (50k chips, 30/40 minute levels - re-enter once/flight)

Fri Oct 8th (5 days) - EVENT #17 - MILLIONAIRE MAKER NLHE - $1,500 / 1st gtd $1 Million (25K chips, 60 min levels - re-enter once/flight)

Tues Oct 12th (2 Days) - EVENT #24 - PLO Deepstack - $600 (30K chips, 30 min levels, re-enter once)

Fri Oct 15th (5 Days) - EVENT #30 - MONSTER STACK NLHE - $1,500 (50K chips, 60 min levels, freezeout)

Fri Oct 22nd (5 Days) - EVENT #43 - Double Stack NLHE - $1,000 (40k chips , 60 min levels, re-enter once/flight)

Fri Oct 29th (4 Days) - EVENT #55 - COLOSSUS NLHE - $400 (40K chips, 40 min levels, re-enter once)

Wed Nov 3rd (2 Days) - EVENT #65 - MINI MAIN - $1,000 (60K chips, 30 min levels, freezeout)

Mon Nov 8th (5 Days) - EVENT #68 - LITTLE ONE FOR ONE DROP - $1,111 (40K chips, 60 min levels, unlimited re-entry for 12 levels)

Wed Nov 17th (2 Days) - EVENT #79 - POKER HALL OF FAME BOUNTY NLHE - $1,979 (30K chips, 40 min levels, freezeout, Hall of Famer bounties)

I don't intend to play them all, and Oct 1st is my wedding anniversary. There are flights on Oct 2nd and 3rd for The Reunion, however, so I could possibly mix an early visit to Vegas to celebrate with Jenn, and then play poker after (she's already cool with it)

But gotta look at these events and figure out which ones will work best with my schedule. Ideally I'd like to be able to play at least two events out there, so would need them to be fairly close in the schedule to one another for it to work best.

Knowing which events of these will most likely have the nicer chips in play might sway me one way or another as well, although for me structure is probably going to be a huge factor in my final decision.

Does anyone know if all WSOP events typically pay 15% of the field or whatever? I'm pretty sure they pay more than 10% of the field, thought it was 15% but wasn't sure.

There's a number of events I'm interested in:

Fri Oct 1st (5 days) - EVENT #4 - THE REUNION NLHE - $500 / $5 Million Gtd (50k chips, 30/40 minute levels - re-enter once/flight)

Fri Oct 8th (5 days) - EVENT #17 - MILLIONAIRE MAKER NLHE - $1,500 / 1st gtd $1 Million (25K chips, 60 min levels - re-enter once/flight)

Tues Oct 12th (2 Days) - EVENT #24 - PLO Deepstack - $600 (30K chips, 30 min levels, re-enter once)

Fri Oct 15th (5 Days) - EVENT #30 - MONSTER STACK NLHE - $1,500 (50K chips, 60 min levels, freezeout)

Fri Oct 22nd (5 Days) - EVENT #43 - Double Stack NLHE - $1,000 (40k chips , 60 min levels, re-enter once/flight)

Fri Oct 29th (4 Days) - EVENT #55 - COLOSSUS NLHE - $400 (40K chips, 40 min levels, re-enter once)

Wed Nov 3rd (2 Days) - EVENT #65 - MINI MAIN - $1,000 (60K chips, 30 min levels, freezeout)

Mon Nov 8th (5 Days) - EVENT #68 - LITTLE ONE FOR ONE DROP - $1,111 (40K chips, 60 min levels, unlimited re-entry for 12 levels)

Wed Nov 17th (2 Days) - EVENT #79 - POKER HALL OF FAME BOUNTY NLHE - $1,979 (30K chips, 40 min levels, freezeout, Hall of Famer bounties)

I don't intend to play them all, and Oct 1st is my wedding anniversary. There are flights on Oct 2nd and 3rd for The Reunion, however, so I could possibly mix an early visit to Vegas to celebrate with Jenn, and then play poker after (she's already cool with it)

But gotta look at these events and figure out which ones will work best with my schedule. Ideally I'd like to be able to play at least two events out there, so would need them to be fairly close in the schedule to one another for it to work best.

Knowing which events of these will most likely have the nicer chips in play might sway me one way or another as well, although for me structure is probably going to be a huge factor in my final decision.

Does anyone know if all WSOP events typically pay 15% of the field or whatever? I'm pretty sure they pay more than 10% of the field, thought it was 15% but wasn't sure.
Can you discuss a little bit what you personally look at when it comes to structure? I am a cash game player about to go play my very first tournament! I know I could Google this or search, but interested in your opinions!

Can you discuss a little bit what you personally look at when it comes to structure? I am a cash game player about to go play my very first tournament! I know I could Google this or search, but interested in your opinions!

I don't play a ton of tournaments as I'm a cash player myself. But with tournaments I consider:

1. A slower structure (one that rewards skill more than luck, that allows you to lose a decent sized hand or two and still be able to recover). This can be a factor not only of how long each level of the blinds lasts, but also the jumps in levels (are they going from 500/1K to 1K/2K or do they have 600/1200 and 800/1600 in there?) and also the starting stack and how many BB's that is compared with the first level, and how long the tournament will last until that starting stack represents only 10 BB's.

2. What is the rake? Some events take 10% or less, but most I see are usually 15-20%, I believe the WSOP is typically less). This means more money in the players pockets

3. Payouts (are they top heavy, flatter, what percentage of the field makes the money?). I prefer events that pay the top 15%-20% of the field, which I believe is what the WSOP typically offers. Most events you will find elsewhere only pay the top 10%. I firmly believe if the payout structures were flatter (i.e. not so top heavy with 1st winning as much or more than 2nd and 3rd combined) and paid more of the field it would be a positive for the poker economy. More players getting decent cashes would surely make it not only more viable as a regular source of income, but it would mean more of the poker economies money is recycled back into it (rather than a handful of players just making big purchases and all that money never returning to the felt)

I don't play a ton of tournaments as I'm a cash player myself. But with tournaments I consider:

1. A slower structure (one that rewards skill more than luck, that allows you to lose a decent sized hand or two and still be able to recover). This can be a factor not only of how long each level of the blinds lasts, but also the jumps in levels (are they going from 500/1K to 1K/2K or do they have 600/1200 and 800/1600 in there?) and also the starting stack and how many BB's that is compared with the first level, and how long the tournament will last until that starting stack represents only 10 BB's.

2. What is the rake? Some events take 10% or less, but most I see are usually 15-20%, I believe the WSOP is typically less). This means more money in the players pockets

3. Payouts (are they top heavy, flatter, what percentage of the field makes the money?). I prefer events that pay the top 15%-20% of the field, which I believe is what the WSOP typically offers. Most events you will find elsewhere only pay the top 10%. I firmly believe if the payout structures were flatter (i.e. not so top heavy with 1st winning as much or more than 2nd and 3rd combined) and paid more of the field it would be a positive for the poker economy. More players getting decent cashes would surely make it not only more viable as a regular source of income, but it would mean more of the poker economies money is recycled back into it (rather than a handful of players just making big purchases and all that money never returning to the felt)
Thanks for this insight, really appreciate it!

I played in the Monster Stack a few years ago. One and only WSOP event. I liked the Freeze out format, and the larger starting stack and slower levels. One thing I didn't like, dinner break was scheduled day 2 but once they realized the bubble was coming for payouts, it was pushed back like 3 times. Bring snacks! I am thinking of playing a few events this year. Including the Main Event

I played in the Monster Stack a few years ago. One and only WSOP event. I liked the Freeze out format, and the larger starting stack and slower levels. One thing I didn't like, dinner break was scheduled day 2 but once they realized the bubble was coming for payouts, it was pushed back like 3 times. Bring snacks! I am thinking of playing a few events this year. Including the Main Event

For the WPT events here in Tampa I've been bringing my backpack and I have extra waters, peanut butter sandwich, trail mix, etc

Try to leave for any break a few minutes early to beat the mad rush to the restrooms or to order food

Southwest is having a 50% off deal for flights that ends today! Just booked non-stop flights from Tampa and back with their anytime option so we can cancel if needed

DEPART - Wed Sep 29th
RETURN - Wed Oct 6th

Our wedding anniv. is Oct 1st so we'll arrive with time to get acclimated to the time difference, spend some time together and celebrate our anniv, then I'll play The $500 WSOP Reunion on Sat Oct 2nd (with the ability to play again on Sun the 3rd if I don't make Day 2). That event ends Oct 5th and our flight isn't until 5pm on Wed the 6th so I have plenty of time to win the thing and not miss my flight (or extend our stay and play more events!)

Jenn and I went to Vegas for our first time ever in 2007 and stayed in a Jr Suite at Harrahs on the strip. I went alone in 2009 and stayed at the Rio (hated it, smelled really bad).

This time we're checking out the other end of the strip, staying at Excalibur so we can check out the Luxor and NYNY (they have a Hello Kitty Cafe Jenn is psyched to visit)

excalibur.jpg

we're checking out the other end of the strip, staying at Excalibur
The trashy castle! Last time I was walking through there I had to tell my buddy the girls on the escalator asking him if he wanted to party were ladies of the night. 2nd half of that escalator ride was akward for them.

WSOP finally released the full schedule this morning!

https://www.wsop.com/tournaments/

2nd weekend looks like some good events for the low-mid stakes. View attachment 719960
Being a teacher for 20 years, I could never participate in the WSOP because I never had days banked to “take off” (and because I rarely had money to fund the venture!)
Now I‘m thinking that some time soon I will save some money and play either next year or the year after.
It is time to do what I’ve dreamed of doing!

Word is that Vegas is now requiring employees to mask up again and there's some people talking that the WSOP might have to make significant adjustments should they limit capacities for events.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom