2024 WSOP schedule dropped (1 Viewer)

Ah, thanks. Kind that someone answered. I eventually found similar. Seems the same as having day 1A, 2A, 3A. There any subtle difference? Couldn't find that answer.

It's just having multiple day 1's usually that will combine into a Day 2 or a few Day 2's and then all come together.

So if there's 100 tables they might do 900 players per flight, split into 1A, 1B, 1C for a total of 2700 players, and play down to around 300 players per flight to combine into one 900 player Day 2.

That’s a great point. But how does one adjust to that? By not getting short? Ha!
So if you’re down to 15 bigs and you’re UTG, the most you could put in is 7bb, so are you better off limping? Hmm, that would be weird.
And now I’m fascinated.

I'm no expert but I assume that this will make hands with absolute strength better than drawing hands. Without the inherent ability to play for stacks through implied odds, a hand that makes TPTK often (AK/AQ) will be better than a hand with strong implied odds like small-medium PP or suited connectors.

The inverse is that you can't really charge people too much to see cards. That being said, a pot bet and a pot reraise are both substantially bigger than a "standard" c-bet or postflop raise in most circumstances. I'd say preflop and river are most obviously affected.

I was looking at this last night...have you seen the list of games for the Dealer's Choice? o_O
View attachment 1278380
This event attracts almost exclusively pros. We were 6 handed last year. I have $197 in career winnings on Hendon Mob. The next worst player at my table has over $3M. Tough, tough field.

This event attracts almost exclusively pros. We were 6 handed last year. I have $197 in career winnings on Hendon Mob. The next worst player at my table has over $3M. Tough, tough field.
Dnegs was talking about dealers choice events the other day. He was saying the guys who win do so because they’ll notice (or call random games until they notice) when somebody is weak at a game, then exploit the heck out of them.
Does that ring true in your experience?

Dnegs was talking about dealers choice events the other day. He was saying the guys who win do so because they’ll notice (or call random games until they notice) when somebody is weak at a game, then exploit the heck out of them.
Does that ring true in your experience?

I folded almost every hand in 2-7TD NL for a couple hours - thry were just trying to get stacks in. That was before I got called out by PokerNews as not being a pro. Before that they were ganging up on pearljammed (Jon Turner). Then they started going after me (4 players to any pot I tried to enter). They started rotating through different PL and even NL games in the 6th hour. I don’t think I showed a lot of weakness in any particular game, just that I wasn’t at their level and since one of us had to go, they ganged up on me.

That’s a great point. But how does one adjust to that? By not getting short? Ha!
So if you’re down to 15 bigs and you’re UTG, the most you could put in is 7bb, so are you better off limping? Hmm, that would be weird.
And now I’m fascinated.
To me it feels as though pot limit therefore results in a greater focus on post-flop play. That's an advantage to stronger players. Though control of preflop pot size (low or high) as you mentioned may set up for manipulation of pot size post flop. Interesting. Preflop have to decide what post flop pot size you aim for.

I have 2nd (should be 1st but they wouldn't let us chop for the trophy - long story) in the biggest DC event that has run in Australia AFAIK.

I wouldn't touch the WSOP DC with a ten foot pole. Totally outclassed. It's pretty well known as the pro "bracelet hunt" event.

If anyone on here (who I know) is interested in going out with a group and wants to potentially tag along with my crew, drop me a PM.

Regarding the pot limit Holdem discussion from earlier - Dnegs is at the final table of the pokergo $10k dealers choice with Philip Sternheimer and I just saw this update - they’re playing PLHE!
I wonder in Daniel will talk about it later on his podcast or something.

IMG_9639.png

Regarding the pot limit Holdem discussion from earlier - Dnegs is at the final table of the pokergo $10k dealers choice with Philip Sternheimer and I just saw this update - they’re playing PLHE!
I wonder in Daniel will talk about it later on his podcast or something.

View attachment 1287524
He did tweet some thoughts:

IMG_9646.png

A friend looks like he'll be in Vegas now June 6-9th. Considering making a short trip over if I can make it work. Flights seem pretty reasonable actually, esp. with American (never flown them before - so can't say if good or not).

How's it with finding good, lower stakes cash games while the WSOP/Wynn Summer Classic are running? I'd be looking at 1/3 most likely.

Anyone play in the $300 GLADIATORS OF POKER NO-LIMIT HOLD’EM tournament last year? Seems like a giant player pool - worth playing in?

I went the same week last year and played the Gladiator. My table was all recs and it was fun but it’s hard to justify the time investment with such a huge field. Instead this year I’m planning to play the weekend 1k’s at the Wynn and a Venetian bounty event on Monday.

1-3 cash was not great at the Wynn last year, not a lot of tables running and it was mostly people that busted from the classic. I’ve heard the games are pretty good at the series (Paris/Horseshoe) but haven’t been.

Also I think the new Venetian room will be open so that might be a nice spot for cash.

I’ll be there June 6th! Playing mostly cash but might hit some dailys

How's it with finding good, lower stakes cash games while the WSOP/Wynn Summer Classic are running? I'd be looking at 1/3 most likely.

Every single room on and off strip will have at least three or four tables of 1/3 going 24/7 essentially. Plus there will be dozens in the Paris ballroom. You will not struggle to find a seat anywhere you go.

They're also soft as hell because all the good players are at bigger tables.

Looks like I’ll officially be in Vegas (finally). I’m stoked.

Arriving late on June 4th, flying home early on June 10th.

Will be looking mainly at cash games, but who knows, maybe the urge to try a WSOP event will overcome me, lol.

Happy to meet up with fellow PCFers who might be there at the same time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom