2021 Price increases (1 Viewer)

David Spragg

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
As many of you will be aware we have struggled through the most part of 2020 with the Covid related obstacles thrown at us, and it has necessitated our price increases from 1/1/2021 being a little higher (1-1.5% more) than we would have otherwise hoped for.
Please see this page for further info:
http://classicpokerchips.com/priceincreases.htm

As always we will honor existing prices for all orders paid for by 12/31/2020 regardless of future deliver date.

I was honestly expecting a higher increase. Either way, I'm glad all of my orders are in. Thank you David for your services.

Well, there are a lot of factors that come into play.

We should probably thank Adam Savage's youtube video just before Xmas which led to between 30-40,000 more Rounders & Chesterfield chips being sold than expected. Fortunately we had the extra manpower to cope during Jan/Feb/Mar, although the downside was that production was still ongoing on these when the shit hit the fan and we lost temp employees who were better off financially by not working as well as having to scale back so that did set us back about 2 months before we even got re-organised.

I tried to be fair with the increases. While production has been reduced, so of course has been manpower and material costs, and some substantial costs like the lease are fixed cost long term so were unaffected. Additionally I had to cancel what would have probably been two trips to the factory during 2020 so some saving there.

Then there are still some unknowns. If Covid issues persist for another 3-6 months (Maine regulations just got stricter!) things should be covered. Any longer and I might have to review. We have managed to increase capacity somewhat over the past few weeks by having some 'overlapping' shift patterns. That does mean unsocial hours though, and in fairness I don't know how long employees will enjoy getting up in the middle of the night when they have to start digging their cars out of 2 foot of snow every day.

Also, as most people know, this is hardly a profit making business. It took us almost 6 years (to 2019) just to recover our startup costs. Covid eliminated what profit there may have been in 2020. Right now I'm only focused on not making a loss and utilising as many employees as possible under the restrictions (to keep them employed). Because of different circumstances some of those would of course be far worse off by not working so we tried to make 'humane' decisions regarding who worked and who didn't etc.

No, not possible I'm afraid.
@Xlcjw72 try to find consolation in the fact that being a resident of Zuffenhausen, in the case of Porsche, or of Maranello, in the case of Ferrari, wouldn't change things either :)
Might be different with winneries and distilleries, though.:D

@Xlcjw72 try to find consolation in the fact that being a resident of Zuffenhausen, in the case of Porsche, or of Maranello, in the case of Ferrari, wouldn't change things either :)
Might be different with winneries and distilleries, though.:D
Actually, I think if you are a billionaire (or Lewis Hamilton) then Ferrari may allow you to collect.

Actually, I think if you are a billionaire (or Lewis Hamilton) then Ferrari may allow you to collect.
I think they have a nearby facility where just every client is invited, to have their measurements registered, for the driver's seat (not that it can't be done in a dealership).
And eventually collect, of course.
But not really in the factory itself. Unless things have changed.

I think they have a nearby facility where just every client is invited, to have their measurements registered, for the driver's seat (not that it can't be done in a dealership).
Ah, that would make sense.

Didn't realise the seats were that custom. So if you buy a second hand one I guess you have to find a seller with a similar body shape :)

Didn't realise the seats were that custom. So if you buy a second hand one I guess you have to find a seller with a similar body shape :)
You could render a $300K or $500K car useless by gaining weight, too. :LOL: :laugh:
Anyway, weight is the arch-enemy of every vehicle, dynamics-wise.
A couple of very serious suspension mechanics I knew, replied to customers wishing to "lower" :rolleyes: their cars: "Just lose some weight yourself".

You could render a $300K or $500K car useless by gaining weight, too. :LOL: :laugh:
Anyway, weight is the arch-enemy of every vehicle, dynamics-wise.
A couple of very serious suspension mechanics I knew, replied to customers wishing to "lower" :rolleyes: their cars: "Just lose some weight yourself".

uh, wouldn't losing weight raise the car? :rolleyes:

uh, wouldn't losing weight raise the car? :rolleyes:

That’s what I was thinking. Surely if you want to lower it you either have to load it with bricks or go on a Big Mac binge.
Alas if springs (or whatever the yielding suspension part) yielded up or down with a few pounds' difference.
The mechanics' comment was about reducing total weight (sprung at any height from the ground), instead of lowering the center of gravity at the expense of valuable suspension travel (valuable even on the "flattest" of surfaces, although such things as a "flat" surface or a "straight" line do NOT exist in Nature / reality; they 're just tools to facilitate human calculations).

To end the off-topic part:
Profound thanks to David Spragg, a person who obviously LOVES what he 's doing.

Hi everyone if you are thinking of putting an order for CPC chips I would recommend you do it now before the new year. I was on the fence last year on when I was going to get my CPC set. I started inquiring on or about Late October/ November of 2019. When I found out the prices were going up January 1, 2020 it pushed me to put my order in December 2019. I'm glad I did because I got my chips at the 2019 prices and saved some money. Though Covid delayed my chips I got them in September and LOVE them and how they turned out.

@David Spragg On the note on your site is the year correct? "we have been at reduced capacity for the majority of time since March 2019." I thought the restrictions and reduced capacity didn't start until 2020.

Last edited:
Hi everyone if you are thinking of putting an order for CPC chips I would recommend you do it now before the new year. I was on the fence last year on when I was going to get my CPC set. I started inquiring on or about Late October/ November of 2019. When I found out the prices were going up January 1, 2020 it pushed me to put my order in December 2019. I'm glad I did because I got my chips at the 2019 prices and saved some money. Though Covid delayed my chips I got then in September and LOVE them and how they turned out.

@David Spragg On the note on your site is the year correct? "we have been at reduced capacity for the majority of time since March 2019." I thought the restrictions and reduced capacity didn't start until 2020.
Whoops, just corrected that. I must have thought 2020 didn't exist.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom