2015 WSOP! (3 Viewers)

If you have the time, walk into Binion's and let me know if there is any action at the craps tables there. Still can't believe people say there are no dice being thrown there compared to other spots on Fremont street.

From a 3rd party website:

"803,000
individual poker chips deployed to run the WSOP each year."

I wonder how many of them "disappear" - or worse, how many extras appear.

The Daily Deepstacks that run alongside the WSOP have been cancelled for the first 2 day ones of the Colossus, and the 3pm Deepstack was cancelled on day 2. I take this to mean a small city's worth of players will pack the Rio for this event - they wouldn't pass on all that rake otherwise.

We wound up calling the Rio directly to get our confirmation last week. We sent a cashier's check (free from out bank, the transfer was not) on the 1st, but on the 15th we called to be safe. They have been overwhelmed. They believed they sent out so many that mail servers were directly dumping them into spam, considering thousands for the Colossus, plus all of the other events, that was plausible.

If anyone hasn't heard back, the Rio cage was pleasant (have your Total Rewards number ready). I suspect the pleasantness will wear off once the dates draw closer.

We wound up calling the Rio directly to get our confirmation last week. We sent a cashier's check (free from out bank, the transfer was not) on the 1st, but on the 15th we called to be safe. They have been overwhelmed. They believed they sent out so many that mail servers were directly dumping them into spam, considering thousands for the Colossus, plus all of the other events, that was plausible.

If anyone hasn't heard back, the Rio cage was pleasant (have your Total Rewards number ready). I suspect the pleasantness will wear off once the dates draw closer.
I've been on the phone a few times with the Rio cage and they have been completely professional and courteous every time so far.

Since real internet connectivity can sometimes be a challenge in a hotel, I want to send out PMs with my cell number to those who might make the PCF Grand Lux meetup on Thursday May 28th. Time is tentatively scheduled for 7pm, but may bump that as schedules require.

Mrs. Zombie and I are in, who else is game?

Since real internet connectivity can sometimes be a challenge in a hotel, I want to send out PMs to those who might make the PCF Grand Lux meetup on Thursday May 28th. Time is tentatively scheduled for 7pm, but may bump that as schedules require.

Count me in! Either a couple of drinks or dinner, depending on a couple of other things I have going on that night...

Thanks Zombs!!

Since real internet connectivity can sometimes be a challenge in a hotel, I want to send out PMs with my cell number to those who might make the PCF Grand Lux meetup on Thursday May 28th. Time is tentatively scheduled for 7pm, but may bump that as schedules require.

I'm in, unless I'm still waiting in a 7 hour line at the Rio cage for registration............... ;)
See you all out there!
nitzilla

I will be there June 11th-20th playing the $1500 Monster Stack and then hitting the Venetion for the deepstacks there. Hoping for a good series...

Attachments

• xlsx_57[1].png
    xlsx_57[1].png
    1.8 KB · Views: 121
As of 8:20am, only 1,196 seats of 6,350 remain for the 10am Friday start of the Colossus. Could they really have prereged 80% of the non-late waves of the tournament?

Over on 2+2 they're saying the lines are already 2-3 hours long........
I'm getting there tomorrow and really hope it's not a complete shit-show....
It's gonna be "interesting"
nitzilla

Pretty happy I pre-registered. Wonder how long the line is to pick up your seat assignment.

I plan to check it out the pre-reg line tonight. Unfortunately, the Bellagio is giving us a free dinner buffet, so I strongly suspect I will be too stuffed to waddle over unless I wake at 3 am and wish to go for a stroll.

I got in to 5C. Only one buyin for the LL for me
Line was not bad at 2:00, took about 35 minutes
The will call line looked longer.....
I'll be at tge grand lux Venetian at 7. I'm wearing a Mtn dew t-shirt :)
Nitzilla

I got in to 5C. Only one buyin for the LL for me
Line was not bad at 2:00, took about 35 minutes
The will call line looked longer.....
I'll be at tge grand lux Venetian at 7. I'm wearing a Mtn dew t-shirt :)
Nitzilla

Awesome!

How were the lines? I still gotta get my seat...

I'm only 50/50 for the GrLu :-( Will try hard though...

Mrs Zombie is down to the last 50 of a 151 player tourney at Aria. Will keep you updated as to making the grand lux. No offense, but I'm hoping not as 1st pays in excess of 4 grand.

Liz busted in 30th. We will be at the Grand Lux soon. I'm in a black polo with a familiar zombie on it, with a tall redhead... Unless I meet a tall blonde that also plays poker... So yeah, tall redhead.

Wife and I are at the bar area now. High top table

It was great to finally meet Nitzilla (and his wife) and as always, a pleasure to hang out with Zombs and Mrs... Hope to see u guys againTuesday at the final table!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom