Cancelled 1000 x Palais des Congres (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

liftapint

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
202   0   0
OK, here goes. I'm posting for sale, my 1000 chip set of Palais des Congres.

I *love* these chips. Unfortunately, I have this irrational desire to become reunited with my dearly departed Fitz TRKs. And I can't afford to have both. So, these Paulson beauties can find a new home, if it means my TRKs can come back to me. Note - if the Fitz sell before these PdC, then sale is cancelled.

Set breakdown:

400 x $5
300 x $10
200 x $20
100 x $50

Cost is $400/rack, plus shipping and fees. This is actually less than I have into the set. I bought some at a very high cost initially, and added more over time to bring the cost down to about $4.25/chip. I won't sell these any less than $4/, so please don't ask.

I am willing to split this set if the entire thing is spoken for. I'm also willing to sell part of this set, and keep a playable set for myself...if there is a split that makes sense FOR ME.

My crew used this set using the "divide by 10" rule, so the $5s were $0.50, the $10s were $1, etc, and it worked great.

I could see someone wanting to buy 400 x $5 and 100-200 x $20. Add some @Gear labeled custom $1s, and instant awesome cash set.

These chips have been cherry picked, and are some of the very best condition used Paulsons you'll ever see. Brilliant colors, real shaped inlays, no flea bites -- and no dirty rotten RHC mold here!

One option would be to split this right down the middle if there were 2 people interested in 500 chip sets: 200/150/100/50.

Priority will be given to individuals wanting to buy the most chips, not to the quickest responder. But post interest, and I'll keep track in post #2.

It's OK if there is no interest in these. I absolutely love them. And to be honest, the Fitz would be easier to acquire later, if necessary. There aren't many of these PdC sets out there. That said...I have released sets to 2 individuals so far...and I think they're pretty pleased :)

Now, for some lazy-pr0n. Sorry, I didn't have the energy to take better pr0n. I guess I'm not *overly* excited to fondle the chips. If I did, this post may never have been completed, and the chips may have gone back on the shelf.

IMG_9541[1].JPG
IMG_9542[1].JPG
IMG_9543[1].JPG
IMG_9544[1].JPG
IMG_9545[1].JPG
IMG_9546[1].JPG
IMG_9547[1].JPG
IMG_9548[1].JPG
IMG_9549[1].JPG

Last edited:
And yes, the colors are really that amazing. The photos are unaltered (although the light is doing something a little weird with the $50s).

OK, here goes. I'm posting for sale, my 1000 chip set of Palais des Congres.

I *love* these chips. Unfortunately, I have this irrational desire to become reunited with my dearly departed Fitz TRKs. And I can't afford to have both. So, these Paulson beauties can find a new home, if it means my TRKs can come back to me. Note - if the Fitz sell before these PdC, then sale is cancelled.

Set breakdown:

400 x $5
300 x $10
200 x $20
100 x $50

Cost is $400/rack, plus shipping and fees. This is actually less than I have into the set. I bought some at a very high cost initially, and added more over time to bring the cost down to about $4.25/chip. I won't sell these any less than $4/, so please don't ask.

I am willing to split this set if the entire thing is spoken for. I'm also willing to sell part of this set, and keep a playable set for myself...if there is a split that makes sense FOR ME.

My crew used this set using the "divide by 10" rule, so the $5s were $0.10, the $10s were $1, etc, and it worked great.

I could see someone wanting to buy 400 x $5 and 100-200 x $20. Add some @Gear labeled custom $1s, and instant awesome cash set.

These chips have been cherry picked, and are some of the very best condition used Paulsons you'll ever see. Brilliant colors, real shaped inlays, no flea bites -- and no dirty rotten RHC mold here!

One option would be to split this right down the middle if there were 2 people interested in 500 chip sets: 200/150/100/50.

Priority will be given to individuals wanting to buy the most chips, not to the quickest responder. But post interest, and I'll keep track in post #2.

It's OK if there is no interest in these. I absolutely love them. And to be honest, the Fitz would be easier to acquire later, if necessary. There aren't many of these PdC sets out there. That said...I have released sets to 2 individuals so far...and I think they're pretty pleased :)

Now, for some lazy-pr0n. Sorry, I didn't have the energy to take better pr0n. I guess I'm not *overly* excited to fondle the chips. If I did, this post may never have been completed, and the chips may have gone back on the shelf.

View attachment 153572 View attachment 153573 View attachment 153574 View attachment 153575 View attachment 153576 View attachment 153577 View attachment 153578 View attachment 153579 View attachment 153580
My all time fav chip

I wish I had the $$$. These chips are absolutely incredible. And as most already know, so is Mel.

postage and duty would cost an arm and a leg probably more than a plane ticket

Also, if anyone is legitimately interested in purchasing these, I would be happy to send you a sample set so that you can see the colors firsthand!

This is one set, if i owned they would sit in a glass display case so I can gaze upon..... would never see felt

This is one set, if i owned they would sit in a glass display case so I can gaze upon..... would never see felt

I understand where you're coming from @davin, but just imagine the splashed pron!! Best looking chips I have ever seen, and the set that totally got me hooked.

Mel, do you have any idea how many of these chips are out in the wild??

This is the best set of them I've seen. I was just reading a post the other day about when they were aquired for market.

I wouldn't want to tamper with the original inlays, but I think the $10s as $1s and $50s as $100s would make a really awesome set!

Beautiful chips, GLWS! :)

I wouldn't want to tamper with the original inlays, but I think the $10s as $1s and $50s as $100s would make a really awesome set!

100% agree. Didn't want to give anyone crazy chip-destroying ideas though :)

OK, I just got back from a run. Running is not easy for me, I'm a big girl! But in between thoughts of "this might kill me", and "why am I doing this?", I actually do have time to think about non-running/torture related things. Today, I couldn't stop thinking about the Palais.

I'm going to need to pull the plug on this, and try to be creative about other ways to get back the Fitz. I'm having a hard time parting with the PdC.
They're weird, some people hate them. But I think they're neat. Sorry for the teaser. But back on the shelf they go, for now.

Those of you with new set of these should post some pr0n!! You know who you are. :D

Edit: Had to open the thread back up again to revise my comments above, to correct the grammatical error ("their" vs. "they're". It's one of my pet peeves, haha. OK, carry on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom