Starting Stack Thread (11 Viewers)

Last night's T5k tournament's starting stacks, with the new Aviation Club de France chips. Placed third to get my buy-in back. Looking forward to getting the ACF jetons from @<°)))><) , and also running a deep stack 25k with these. Should be great!
ACF T5k.JPG

@detroitdad @pokerplayingpisces

Been doing this with one of my poker groups for the past 7 years or so. We get ~10 beers from different countries and I host a "blind" sampling. I do one beer at a time - everyone gets a 3-4 oz sample of the beer (no names/types/hints of what the beer is or where its from), we taste it and everyone rates the beer from 0-10. After the ratings are in I reveal the beer name, country, type, etc, then we go onto the next one. At the end of the night, everyone gets the chance to "fix" one of their previous ratings up/down one point, then we do the final tally and crown the winner. Takes about 3 hours. It's a lot of work (especially finding decent new imports year after year) but a fun night. Here's the beer list from this year (in order of final rank):

Sam Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout
Hitachino Nest Classic Ale
Ayinger Altbairisch Dunkel
Icelandic Toasted Porter
Iron Maiden Trooper
Murphy's Irish Stout
Day Of The Dead Amber Ale
Salvator Doppel Bock
Tiger
Samuel Adams Nitro IPA

Starting stacks before i bagged them for a 60 person T8000 tournament. Popped there cherry that night.

image.jpg

Parrothead Customs starting stack. T30k with 5k addon

image.jpg

WSOP LEAGUE MAIN EVENT starting stack. T30k bombed that night, dropped from 11th to 15th in points. Drop lowest score so should be fine in the championship game.

image.jpg

Oh hell.

I just stakced em quick on my lunch break.... Maybe everyone will just get a bonus 1k this week!

If you have more T1k's, I'd use those first. otherwise, making change will be a pain once you get to the second or third level and someone has to pay a 200 BB with a 5k chip.

Sorry, just not a fan of starting with a T5k unless you have over 20k in a stack.

Mark

If you have more T1k's, I'd use those first. otherwise, making change will be a pain once you get to the second or third level and someone has to pay a 200 BB with a 5k chip.

Sorry, just not a fan of starting with a T5k unless you have over 20k in a stack.

Mark
It works out pretty well for the way our game plays out and the type of player we have. We did something similar with my previous setup and necer really had any issues.

Holy crap! Where do you play that can seat 100!?
From what I gather, Chanman rents out tables/chips for events. So my guess would be a reception hall. Of course, I have been known to be wrong...

From what I gather, Chanman rents out tables/chips for events. So my guess would be a reception hall. Of course, I have been known to be wrong...

You are correct sir, banquet halls and community centers. That night was at a Royal Canadian Legion hall which they rent out for parties and events.

I'll be hosting a 120 player tournament later this year at a McDonalds training office. They move out all of the office tables to fit all of the poker tables. This is last year

IMG_3346.jpg

You are correct sir, banquet halls and community centers. That night was at a Royal Canadian Legion hall which they rent out for parties and events.

I'll be hosting a 120 player tournament later this year at a McDonalds training office. They move out all of the office tables to fit all of the poker tables. This is last year

IMG_3346.jpg

Printed race track? Very cool option to have.

Here's my Stardust Mansion starting stacks for 20 players 25K:

* I usually do either 10K or 15K depending on the number of players. I only go deep stack 25K for the ToC. Sorry for the crappy pics...

tGKXszg.jpg

Ixo7mDP.jpg

GlHchjg.jpg

YvBiF1E.jpg

aUccGRB.jpg

RKuPWda.jpg

DCS 2015 Main Event Starting Stack:
yJfrHrW.jpg

BCC GCOP Pre-Tourney Starting Stacks:

uTXznH8.jpg

Three Putt Poker Various Tourney Starting Stacks:
SshZqo7.jpg

zoKaY3B.jpg

egUIMqe.jpg

Matsui WSOP Tribute Starting Stacks:
NA0q9IM.jpg

Three Putt Poker Starting (and End-of-Night) Cash Game Stacks:

N5dW3ew.jpg

hz8XhaD.jpg

View attachment 36032
21 players, 3 tables, modified shoutout for tonight. Each table will play internally into itself until there are 3 players....those 9 will redraw into the final table. Good times...

The Stardust mansion, BCC GCOP, and top hat and cane sets are my three favorite. They make me droll every time i see them

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom