Starting Stack Thread (9 Viewers)

FANTASTIC! Where are your Milanos going? I really like mine, albeit the serious quality control flaws......

IMG_2073.JPG

FANTASTIC! Where are your Milanos going? I really like mine, albeit the serious quality control flaws......
The classifieds probably. I don't have any issues with quality, all are the same colors and I've noticed little discoloration on them.

The classifieds probably. I don't have any issues with quality, all are the same colors and I've noticed little discoloration on them.

Why you getting rid of them then? I really like mine! Need more Milano bros here haha!

Why you getting rid of them then? I really like mine! Need more Milano bros here haha!
I ordered from clay smith gaming and then added on from a poker shop here in Dallas.

@beyondtilt :
Just a heads-up that your pictures aren't showing up, so I'm missing out! Might just be me, but I'm guessing not as all the other pictures are fine.

The Zombie Poker Club prepares for their first ever cash game. Starting with 2 tables; 5¢-10¢ and 25¢-25¢. Expecting a whirlwind of problems for my first game, but lots of prep and a ton of reading up on the forum has me as ready as I will ever be. Question is, can a bunch of players that have never played a cash game co-exist with seasoned cash game veterans?

DSC_0032.JPG

My birthday was in April and I turned 40. I was planning a $40 buy-in game 25c/25c, but never got around to it. We usually just buy in for $25. Well, we are doing the $40 game in a few weeks time, so I thought I would see how the starting stacks would look with lots of chips :). Our crew rarely, if ever need a 500 chip, so we'll have one for starters :).

(6-handed)
52 x 25c (I know, a lot of 25s, but it keeps it friendly and non-threatening :));
22 x 100c; and
1 x 500c.
$40.00
plus 3 x 007 (Show 'em chips)

Blades 40 stacks 002.JPG

Blades 40 stacks 005.JPG

Blades 40 stacks 009.JPG

Do they have to purchase the show'em chip? That's the only way I like them. Then whoever has it at the end of the night cashes it back in for its purchase price.

Hadn't planned to mate, never really used them before. It would just be a friendly thing I reckon. How much is a show 'em chip in your game?

Do they have to purchase the show'em chip? That's the only way I like them. Then whoever has it at the end of the night cashes it back in for its purchase price.
Hadn't planned to mate, never really used them before. It would just be a friendly thing I reckon. How much is a show 'em chip in your game?
Five bucks a chip.
I don't think they would go for that, interesting idea mate

This is actually quite a good idea, if you're going to do show'em chips at all. I've dealt 1/2 games where the show'em chip was worth $1 (everybody got two chips as part of their buy-in, so roughly $20 bucks on the table). You can bet with them (like $1 chips), or you can hoard them and use them as leverage to make people show cards. Either way, they are redeemable like all other chips at the end of the night. Making their value worth $5 makes it a little less likely that people would use them, but it will vary greatly depending on the crowd and stakes.

Where I dealt, the $1 show'em chip went to the player requested to show (paying to see their hand). If a player wanted to rabbit-hunt, it cost them a $1 chip to the dealer (more work, more pay).

This is actually quite a good idea, if you're going to do show'em chips at all. I've dealt 1/2 games where the show'em chip was worth $1 (everybody got two chips as part of their buy-in, so roughly $20 bucks on the table). You can bet with them (like $1 chips), or you can hoard them and use them as leverage to make people show cards. Either way, they are redeemable like all other chips at the end of the night. Making their value worth $5 makes it a little less likely that people would use them, but it will vary greatly depending on the crowd and stakes.

Where I dealt, the $1 show'em chip went to the player requested to show (paying to see their hand). If a player wanted to rabbit-hunt, it cost them a $1 chip to the dealer (more work, more pay).

We use the show'em chips and they are a dollar. I like the idea of making rabbit hunting cost a show'em chip as well. Maybe not for the cash game but definitely during the tourney.

With a possible reunion game brewing for mid-October, I got a bit nostalgic and trawled the Black Cat fb group.

League quarterly final deep stack event starting stacks (promo shot, not actual playing surface!)

1294534_10152009212683273_2030743691_o.jpg

1262946_10152009209638273_1733796872_o.jpg

1273866_10152009214848273_121030886_o.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom