Zelda Themed Poker Chips v2 (1 Viewer)

Interesting note... They all use the same color lines, and they all look OK on my screen. Curious to see if anyone else has this issue.

I think he means (guessing here) that the line on the rupees is harder to see since it doesn't have as much contrast to the dark blue background color. So it's harder to see that it actually is a rupee than on the other ones.

I think he means (guessing here) that the line on the rupees is harder to see since it doesn't have as much contrast to the dark blue background color. So it's harder to see that it actually is a rupee than on the other ones.

I would lighten the rupee a shade and darken the lines

Much better! In for a sample set please. If you need an idea for the dealer button, the Master Sword and Hylian Shield will be an awesome design.

Yes, please, I need ideas for dealer button, bounty chips and plaques. But I'm not sure I can use copyrighted images for the print, or can I? Anyone knows?

I highly recommend getting a few extras of each denom when you place the order. If anything happens to 1 or 2 chips (get damaged or disappear) you probably don’t want a few gaps in your racks of chips.

I highly recommend getting a few extras of each denom when you place the order. If anything happens to 1 or 2 chips (get damaged or disappear) you probably don’t want a few gaps in your racks of chips.

Yeah, thanks. Currently, the plan is to order plenty of extras.

Or order small and more later.

Yes, please, I need ideas for dealer button, bounty chips and plaques. But I'm not sure I can use copyrighted images for the print, or can I? Anyone knows?

When I did my Mets inspired set I did reach out to legal regarding the use of the Mr. Met image. Basically they said that as long as I don’t use it for commercial resale then it’s ok. Now with Nintendo, I don’t know, because they tend to be extremely finicky with their assets. But like I said, as long as it’s for your personal use, you should be ok.

Interesting note... They all use the same color lines, and they all look OK on my screen. Curious to see if anyone else has this issue.
Yepp, this is what I meant. The edge spots on the 1 and 5 look more like normal edge spots to me.

Love this. Personally I prefer the subtle tri force in the background to the rupees - you already have those as the edge spots.
I concur. Both look good, though. I like the subtleness

Yes, please, I need ideas for dealer button, bounty chips and plaques.

the Master Sword and Hylian Shield will be an awesome design.
I concur!
zelda-sword-shield_cropped.jpg

And DEALER with the Zelda font :)

Bounty, perhaps something like this:
0dedb363ce26092bac04cc8d628aa9e6.jpg

...but perhaps cropped so it's from the waist up?

No plaque idea, but if you need a rebuy design you could use the fairy:
the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-to-the-past-fairy-zelda-ii-the-adventure-of-link-the-legend-of-zeld...png

Just an update regarding the poker chips: I made the order and I'm in the middle of the prototype process, which unfortunately is painfully slow.

I sent a confirmed payment 15th of October, and the prototypes would take 1-3 days. I received the pictures of the prototypes 21th of October, but unfortunately, they were a huge disappointment. I'm glad the prototype phase exist to avoid disappointment with the final product, so I'm very thankful for that. I immediately returned with all my feedback but haven't gotten response yet for my questions, which Susie forwarded to the production team.

I'm not holding it against Sun-Fly, and I'm very happy with my contact with Susie :)

I'm just having bit of a panic because since some things went very wrong with the first batch, I know that it will be at least 2-3 more rounds of prototypes, and if every round is taking a week to getting made, and then a week to get response to my questions, these chips will not be manufactured anytime soon. And I was hoping to get them before Black Friday, because packages arriving after Black Friday will get stuck forever at the customs.

I am confident that most problems can be resolved fairly easy, but two of them are very concerning.

The first problem is that I gave very clear instructions of what should be on the ceramic part and what should be part of the label, and even provided with two separate files so there would be no doubt. Regardless of that, it was completely ignored and the files were altered heavily to get something completely different.

The second problem is worse because even in the ideal scenario, they add 2 more rounds of prototypes. I intentionally had different backgrounds on all of my chips to see which one worked best in reality, but they were all ignored and replaced with a completely different color that didn't match ANY of the ones I sent. I don't want modifications of my designs and they completely removed my colors and replaced it with something completely different. That is very concerning, and I'm not sure why this happens at all.

Then some minor problems I hope can be fixed. Some colors were completely off, face alignment off, edge alignments off, margins removed etc.

Not sure why they modified my design files into something different that I didn't want :/

This sounds weird, i have had no issues at all like this. You don't have to worry about black friday however. This will go trough a courier like UPS or DHL and Postnord will never get the opportunity to misplace your chips, haha.

Just an update regarding the poker chips: I made the order and I'm in the middle of the prototype process, which unfortunately is painfully slow.

I sent a confirmed payment 15th of October, and the prototypes would take 1-3 days. I received the pictures of the prototypes 21th of October, but unfortunately, they were a huge disappointment. I'm glad the prototype phase exist to avoid disappointment with the final product, so I'm very thankful for that. I immediately returned with all my feedback but haven't gotten response yet for my questions, which Susie forwarded to the production team.

I'm not holding it against Sun-Fly, and I'm very happy with my contact with Susie :)

I'm just having bit of a panic because since some things went very wrong with the first batch, I know that it will be at least 2-3 more rounds of prototypes, and if every round is taking a week to getting made, and then a week to get response to my questions, these chips will not be manufactured anytime soon. And I was hoping to get them before Black Friday, because packages arriving after Black Friday will get stuck forever at the customs.

I am confident that most problems can be resolved fairly easy, but two of them are very concerning.

The first problem is that I gave very clear instructions of what should be on the ceramic part and what should be part of the label, and even provided with two separate files so there would be no doubt. Regardless of that, it was completely ignored and the files were altered heavily to get something completely different.

The second problem is worse because even in the ideal scenario, they add 2 more rounds of prototypes. I intentionally had different backgrounds on all of my chips to see which one worked best in reality, but they were all ignored and replaced with a completely different color that didn't match ANY of the ones I sent. I don't want modifications of my designs and they completely removed my colors and replaced it with something completely different. That is very concerning, and I'm not sure why this happens at all.

Then some minor problems I hope can be fixed. Some colors were completely off, face alignment off, edge alignments off, margins removed etc.

Not sure why they modified my design files into something different that I didn't want :/
Can you share photos to go with this description?

Sure, I'll share some photos, perhaps you can give me advice or input :)

I was hesitant at first to share though because some pictures may, or may not, be containing copyrighted images :p

Here are the two "main" pictures:

20201021151456 (1).jpg
20201021151504 (1).jpg

--

First of all, the image quality is abysmal to be honest. Very hard to say anything about color accuracy.

Regarding the background pattern, which was my main concern, here is a picture I send them as explanation:

8-BgPattern.jpg

This was a Huge disappointment :/ And to be clear, this was Not an issue of color space or exporting to a different file format or opacity. In fact, I had issues with that and the opacity/transparency was lost upon export so I made a manual change to have the background color be a specific "light" color instead of a mechanical fading, so there is not excuse to have them changed.

I provided them with very different backgrounds for each label and each and everyone of them were changed into something different. Even on the White 1, the background pattern is drastically changed :/

As for color matching, here is a picture of the Bounty chip taken by them, and I have shown my original design below in the picture to comparison.

1.jpg

(In the first images you can also spot other issues, like the edge alignment being slightly off on some of them, and the face alignment for the label being off, especially on the Red 5. But these are hand made prototypes so this might be fixed in real manufacuturing.)

I wouldn't call 15th to 21st painfully slow. Looks like 4 business days at most.

I don't think they usually changes anything on the design, unless the original file had the wrong meassurments or something i guess. Colors can look very diffrent on your screen and in hand, that is why i ordered a color sample with my last order.

To me, the 100 looks a little darker on the background pattern but it might just be my imagination haha. Anyway, i think the background on that chip looks best.

I wouldn't call 15th to 21st painfully slow. Looks like 4 business days at most.

No, it's just everything all-in-all. Now waiting for a response, and just getting from "I'm ready to order" to an invoice I could pay were weeks. But they are busy catching up after holiday, so I understand them, I'm just very inpatient here because I know it's still so far away from manufacturing.

I don't think they usually changes anything on the design, unless the original file had the wrong meassurments or something i guess. Colors can look very diffrent on your screen and in hand, that is why i ordered a color sample with my last order.

Yeah, but as you can see in my explanation picture, there is really no doubt that changes have been made. Just look at the contrast differences, there's really no question. Plus the fact that the gem position isn't the same either, so regardless, it has been modified. So at this point, I'm looking for an explanation to why this has happened. Agreed, they can do changes if needed and they know the print process best. But something has gone wrong here, clearly.

To me, the 100 looks a little darker on the background pattern but it might just be my imagination haha. Anyway, i think the background on that chip looks best.
Yeah, they could be slightly different, but I think it's the just the image quality that makes it look different to be honest. And the first round of prototypes were just for me to see what background pattern I'd like best, and now none of the prototypes matched my design so in this regard, it was, unfortunately, a waste of prototypes. But it did gave me other answers so it's not all in vein, just in this specific regard.

--

My intention was not to whine too much here, even if I realize it probably comes across as just that :) Just trying to explain what the concerns are here.

Reactions: HMK
I agree with @HMK that the pattern on the 100 looks slightly darker than the pattern on the 1. It's still considerably lighter than your original.

I think contrast, shades etc was always difficult on ceramics. The printing process is quite complex, AFAIK. With a pattern that needs precision to work properly, so it may take some effort to come out right

My 2 cents:

First cent: I understand that you want these asap, but you will thank yourself later if you let this take whatever time it takes. Even if you would get these in a month, that's still a relatively short time period from starting a design to having the end product.

Second cent: I like the tri-force pattern better ;-)

My 2 cents:

First cent: I understand that you want these asap, but you will thank yourself later if you let this take whatever time it takes. Even if you would get these in a month, that's still a relatively short time period from starting a design to having the end product.

Second cent: I like the tri-force pattern better ;-)

I know, and you're right. It's just that I want these chips so badly and NOW :) Thanks for the reminder, I know that, but I needed to hear it again :)

Yes, I received the chips and was hugely disappointed. After the initial disappointment, I was a bit more satisfied, but even now, in hindsight, I consider it to be wasted money that I deeply regret.

The main problem was that the colors differed vastly from what I sent them and they made a lot of mistakes along the way and showed that they had no ability of all to have a color accuracy or consistency. They even e-mailed me pictures of my "latest design" even though it was clearly older pictures that was an earlier design. The pictures I received of the prototypes were more or less useless and the colors were way off and more or less destroyed the chip set.

That was €1300 of waste. Some chips were good, like the one whites that are gorgeous, but the most important ones were the red and yellow where the colors were completely off. I have a fairly good eye for colors so this annoys me greatly.

I was going to make unboxing posts and initial impressions and thorough reviews, but I don't have any motivation at all to show off this disaster right now. Sorry.

Yes, I received the chips and was hugely disappointed. After the initial disappointment, I was a bit more satisfied, but even now, in hindsight, I consider it to be wasted money that I deeply regret.

The main problem was that the colors differed vastly from what I sent them and they made a lot of mistakes along the way and showed that they had no ability of all to have a color accuracy or consistency. They even e-mailed me pictures of my "latest design" even though it was clearly older pictures that was an earlier design. The pictures I received of the prototypes were more or less useless and the colors were way off and more or less destroyed the chip set.

That was €1300 of waste. Some chips were good, like the one whites that are gorgeous, but the most important ones were the red and yellow where the colors were completely off. I have a fairly good eye for colors so this annoys me greatly.

I was going to make unboxing posts and initial impressions and thorough reviews, but I don't have any motivation at all to show off this disaster right now. Sorry.
Sorry to hear that this didn't work out for you. From what I can recall from previous posts you were experiencing challenges with prototypes etc. Did you not resolve these prior to them printing the entire order?

I know hindsight is 20/20 but maybe next time, assuming there is one, you might want to order a colour palette of chips to be sent to you and or a whole bunch of different prototype samples etc to see them in person before pulling the trigger on the whole set. I know its an added cost but it will go along way to avoiding the dissapointment you are currently experiencing.

Are you able to advise which supplier/manufacturer you used?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom