Your Favorite Horror / Halloween Movies - A Public List! (1 Viewer)

Missed a few:

Dawn of the Dead (original)
Basket Case
Reanimator

the-fog-1980-poster-b-beyond-horror-design.png

It was a lot scarier 39 years ago :eek:

but still a fun watch

You're gonna probably laugh at this but probably the most scared I've ever been of a movie was watching the Blair Witch Project opening night in the movie theater....then driving 45 minutes after that was over into the boonies to stay at a buddies house.

We get to his house it's pitch black, I step out of the truck and the dome light shines on the gravel driveway where I can see all these neat little piles of rocks just like in the movie. Needless to say I kicked them bitches over and straight up ran like my ass was on fire to his front door and so did he.

The next day we find out his step brother was just making piles of rocks in the driveway to drive his Tonka trucks on.

In hindsight it was silly, but I've never been so terrified.

Was trippin on acid after a Phish show at Deer Creek in Indiana. We sat in a cornfield doing balloons and drinking Sammy Smiths while listening to Jerry Garcia and John Kahn acoustic show on tape on a boombox. When we stumbled into the red roof inn Noblesville , as soon as we got to room and put on the TV , Children of the Corn came on. It was chilling. I still get goosebumps thinking about it. I thought that someone at HBO had a sense of humor.

First time I saw Aliens I was probably 14 and snuck into the TV room in the middle of the night when my parents had gone to bed. I watched with my face 12” from the screen and the volume turned down low so they wouldn’t hear. I also had one ear open to hear if they were coming. Scared the doodoo out of me. I checked under the bed for monsters before I went to sleep. Still remember it like it was yesterday.

A few more favorites:

The Birds
Bride of Frankenstein
The Omen
The Fly ('86)
The Thing ('82)

Yes it's January but Halloween is year-round fun anyways, so...

Halloween (1978), The Thing and The Shining... love them all. But if I had to pick one favorite I can't help but to go with Halloween.

I've always loved the holiday season but this year for the first time I participated in a "haunt". It was hayride style through the woods, they gave me my own area to do whatever I wanted with, it really was a great time with a bunch of really fun people.

Couldn't for the life of me find a great angle to shoot phone video but this angle at least shows both of the deaths with a nice bonus scream at the end. Went through four gallons of blood, twelve gallons of kerosine, ten+ outfits for my victims (Kristen and Tina) and a whole mess of other stuff. Really looking forward to doing it again this fall :)

IMG_7007 (1).JPG

IMG_7011 (1).JPG

Thanks for sharing Fink. When my kids were little Halloween was always my favorite time of the year!!! now that their old and gone, not so much!

Very hard to decide. This was one of the first scary movies I ever saw, and holds a special place for me.

Creature_from_the_Black_Lagoon_poster.jpg

However, I was around 8 when this came out and it scared the living shiz out of me.

MV5BMzc0MDIwZjktYTEzNC00ZWQxLTk5MWYtYjBmMDI3YTg4ZjYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UY268_CR1...jpg

I can still hear that damned scratching...

salems-lot.jpg

Used to love staying with Nonna when i was a kid, she'd let us stay up to watch the likes of "Creature from the Black Lagoon" and "The Birds"
1579485238989.png1579484930979.png1579484769575.png1579485058920.png

I remember the abject terror I felt as a kid when my little sister was given control of the VCR and announced that we were watching this for the 40th time. The horror. The horror...

View attachment 395605
I have 4 sisters. I was always out voted. In my house, my nightmare was Dawson’s Creek. :wtf:

I took a film class in college that focused on horror movies paying attention to themes, music, lighting, types of shots, the way scenes were cut, etc. It was very eye opening. We watched the classics, such as Nosferatu, Psycho, Carrie, and the Shining all the way to the spoof movies like Scream.

The ones that really stick out were Night of the Living Dead (love George Romero), The Exorcist, and Jaws. I never thought of Jaws as a horror movie, but it checks all of the boxes.

And my wife made me watch Psycho
(Spoiler if you’ve never seen Psycho :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: )

The movie was marketed as a Janet Leigh movie. Fans were PISSED when she was killed so early on. And of course, her daughter is Jamie Lee Curtis, who became the scream queen in all of the Halloween movies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom