Your Favorite Horror / Halloween Movies - A Public List! (1 Viewer)

justsomedude

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Some of my faves...

Creepshow (1982)
A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984 original)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
The Shining (1980)

The last two still give me scares to this day. When we first meet Leatherface (Kirk's death) and he slams that metal door shut and the music "womp" hits... man, still gives me the willies!

And my wife made me watch Psycho for the very first time last night. The very first big budget "slasher" film. And while the scares don't really seem to hold up, I can certainly appreciate it for what it was at the time (the idea of encroaching on the safety of a nude woman in a shower), and what it signifies in the realm of cinema as whole... Lots of firsts in that shower scene/and genius cuts and blurred out bits to satisfy censors of the day and imply what was happening without actually showing what was happening. And I love the frozen frame on the eye-rotation cut since the tech didn't exist at the time to rotate the camera in-shot.

Been reading about it all morning. So much going on in that scene. Hitchcock was truly a master of the craft.

One of my favourites from way back is the original Pumpkin Head.
And I almost forgot to mention Puppet Master. Instant classic!
B5D13079-0433-47EB-A24E-8D81EF2A9BB1.jpeg
A91B21DC-5738-4DD0-8B40-63FD1CADCA38.jpeg

Last edited:
How about the low budget film below.

Did you know the original mask was a William Shatner Star Trek Mask that was painted white!

I love the original Halloween!

Had no idea about the mask though. What a cool bit of trivia!!! It was a cast/mask made for the "ritual scene" in Devil's Rain, where Shatner's character melts. I never knew!!!

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 1.24.55 PM.png

I can still hear the music from the shower scene in Psycho, which I saw in the 60s. Norman Bates is one of the creepiest characters ever. Hitchcock movies were awesome! Oh, I was so young then. I still enjoy a good thriller.

More recently, I enjoy movies like Rocky Horror Picture Show and The Little Shop of Horrors. Despite the inclusion of the word Horror in their titles, they're really quite tame, but then again, so am I.

I also need to add one more movie.

We just got back from a late night call at the firehouse. A movie had just started. We were about to turn it off, but it just pulled us in. We never heard of it so we continued to watch. Despite being 3am, we couldn't stop watching.

The movie?

Shawn of the Dead.

I thought that paranormal activity 1 and 2 were pretty awesome considering how cheaply they were made.

The Conjuring is awesome too

And the Shining is probably my favourite from the classics

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom