Your Beer of Choice? (5 Viewers)

View attachment 475672

Two of my favorite Texas beers:
Daddy's Juice Box DIPA. From my home town of Tyler. It is juicy and delicious.
Houston Haze NEIPA. The best Texas New England IPA I have had. Very hazy. Also delicious.

Important edit in bold above. Julius and Green FTW.
Next time you're in Houston, head out west of Katy to Baa Baa Brewhouse. Their NEIPAs put Spindletap to shame. Check their hours first. They're usually only open on Saturdays.

Cheers @Cliff
FC7C2F0D-BF3B-437F-AE77-1DF784C929B7.jpeg

Nice dude, I have 2 of them

Currently, one is used as a drink fridge (canned beer, cokes, energy drinks - whatevs) and the other has a 50L Crux beer in it

Story: I ordered a keg of "The Velvet Underpants" from the Crux Fermentation Project. Miscommunication occurred and I could not obtain the keg, they were fresh out. They poured me a pint of the "panties" as I call it; on the house to figure out what to do. The head brewer came out to me with a free glass of a beer not on tap yet called Fun Factor (an ~7% IPA). I liked it, so I ordered a keg of it. The head brewer also got my # and put me at the top of the list for the velvet undies. Crux IS RAD.

20200617_145040.jpg

20200617_145106.jpg

I am a fan of most of Modist Brewing's pro, but they obviously half-stepped this one. Immediately thin on the palet, with initial excitement of flavor up front that dissipates as soon as it's noticed.
Think of this beer's flavor like when you were a kid and you were trying to get your Honda 80XR started for the first time after winter. You give the kick-start a crank, and you get one growl of the engine before it burps back to sleep.
20200610_174157.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom