Your Beer of Choice? (8 Viewers)

Growler time - 3 Keys Punchface IPA

IMG_9546.JPG

I shouldn't complain.

You did hook me up with this :

IMG_6154.JPG

image.jpg
IMG_0662.JPG
Doing the Three Floyds stop on the way home from @mike32 s house.

Apparently they have issued a beer called Crack the Skye that is worth standing in line for. I'll get some to try along with Lazer Snake IPA and Space Station Middle Finger APA.

11% alcohol...can't be all bad (crack the skye). We drank some of the Lazer Snake at Mikes last night and I bought some more
IMG_0663.JPG

Does anyone else homebrew?

Sure do. Do about 3-4 5gal All-Grain brews a year. Only brew in the fall/winter months to control my temps. Mainly IPA's. Do a dark Christmas beer and give it way around the holidays...everyone loves it. Can't wait to get started this year. How about yourself?

Decided to crack open a session IPA tonight, while I started to fold the chips boxes that arrived from @justsomedude. Cheers!

0914172212.jpg

@Irish,

What variety of hops did you grow? Been thinking of doing that myself.

Cascade, Centennial, Fuggle & Nugget. I planted the rhizomes last spring, got about 2 ounces (dried) of Cascade the first year (nothing from the other plants), and six ounces of cascade this year. I also got about an ounce of centennial and 2 ounces of Nugget this year, the Fuggle hasn't done well. It takes 2-3 seasons for the rhizomes to establish themselves, so most of their energy goes to that those first few seasons. Once they're been established, that energy goes to producing more cones. If you have the climate for them, they're relatively easy to grow, most of the "work" is at the beginning of the season where you're trimming back extra bines and training them up the ropes, then at the end for harvest. You just have to make sure you have the room for them, they need some type of vertical trellis to grow and they take off like weeds (bines will grow several inches a day during their peak growth spurts).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom