Your Beer of Choice? (14 Viewers)

Change it up, tastes like fall :love:
PXL_20210917_022854855.jpg

As you all know, I am in the middle of remodeling my basement with the addition of a small 4' wet bar. I only drink Heineken and was thinking of getting something Heineken related for the area.

What is your beer of choice and do you have anything related to the brand? Sign, glasses etc.
Upland two of tarts and modern tarts!

IMG_20210924_023002.jpg

Polish beer in 90s till 2010 were cheap copy of Czech or Germany beers. Now we have a lot of so called craft beers from small broweries and they good.
That one is peticulary good APA, I never thoughtI say it but it almost as good as Belgian Orval.

I'm going to tell a "What shocked me today" story. I'm a total craft beer nerd, and I love visiting breweries. I've been to some of the best is the US. 3 Floyds, New Glarus, Toppling Goliath, Jester King and quite a few others. But what shocked me today was finding another one of these "best" breweries in the tiny town of Calmar Iowa. We are talking a town of 1,009 people. (in 2019 according to Google) And not a suburb of a big city either. A small town in rural Iowa, surrounded by cornfields and pig farms. And there on the edge of town, just off US highway 52, stands PIVO Brewery.

First I pull into the parking lot and find a very nice brand new building. Only 4 or 5 cars in the parking lot. Walk in, and again, really impressed with the building which included an art gallery, a large event center for hosting gatherings or for when they have live music and big crowds, and a nicely decorated tap room with - count them! - 40 taps!!! I don't think I've ever been to a micro brewery with 40 taps of THEIR OWN BEER. This guys apparently LOVES to brew! there were also two different outside seating areas, but I immediately bellied up to the bar so I could talk brewing with the beer slinger. I also got to talk briefly with the owner/brewer who was somewhat busy - brewing more beer, of course!

I wish I had taken some photos that show off the place, but I was too busy trying as many of those 40 beers as I could. I tried real hard to find one that wasn't good, but alas, I failed. Lots of very interesting old world style european beers that you don't find being brewed here in the US very often. I tried a Gruit, a Schwartzbier, and a Maibock, along with two IPAs, a strawberry rhubarb sour a couple of milk stouts (one barrel aged) and a Strong Ale. Then I bought a Hefeweizen and a Barleywine to bring home.

So if you're ever in Northeast Iowa (only 10 miles from Decorah where Toppling Goliath is located) I STRONGLY recommend this fine brewery. It would be super easy to hit both PIVO and TG in one trip. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that at least 3 of the beers I tried have won GABF gold or silver medals. That's the Great American Beer Festival in Denver that is widely considered the number one beer festival in America. To medal there, you need to brew extremely excellent beer. And PIVO has a lot of that!

Hint of peach ipa.
Not bad.
Has anyone else had the Phase Three ipa’s like I posted above? They are the best I have had. No bitterness.

Or is the bitterness something you ipa drinkers like?? @k9dr??

68CC8287-E32D-43C4-A11B-6F451BA684B4.jpeg

F5165E74-8687-4C16-9FD3-85462BD23BE9.jpeg

Hint of peach ipa.
Not bad.
Has anyone else had the Phase Three ipa’s like I posted above? They are the best I have had. No bitterness.

Or is the bitterness something you ipa drinkers like?? @k9dr??

View attachment 790701
View attachment 790702

Most of the juicy NEIPA's are very low on the IBU scale - very smooth and easy to drink. West coast IPA's tend to be more on the bitter side.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom