Your Beer of Choice? (11 Viewers)

21st amendment (great name) makes some decent beers.
This was not one of them...
I failed to head the warning of the name... needless to say, it was not a good idea.
Maybe I got a bad batch, but a friend and I both agreed it tasted like baby farts in old hot dog water.

1615238910389.png

1615238538440.png

You don't need boxes of Lucky Charms, you just have to catch the Leprechaun and he'll grant your wish for 60 lbs of the marshmallows.
Either way, for me, the resulting beer will most likely be a hard pass :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
If you've never brewed beer before, you might be surprised. A lot will depend on the style of beer being brewed. Marshmallows are mostly sugar, and the yeasties will chew right through that and turn it all into yummy alcohol. Yes, there will be some residual marshmallow flavor left in the beer, so that's where the style is important. Given we're talking Lucky Charms and that St. Patrick's day is coming up, I suspect it's going to be an Irish Red or Irish Stout. Either of those has enough malty flavors to keep the marshmallow in check. He also doesn't say how big the batch is. 60 pounds of anything in a 10-20 barrel batch of beer isn't going to be that impactful. A good brewer will use the right amount so that the beer has the essence of the flavor additive without being overpowering.

If you've never brewed beer before, you might be surprised. A lot will depend on the style of beer being brewed. Marshmallows are mostly sugar, and the yeasties will chew right through that and turn it all into yummy alcohol. Yes, there will be some residual marshmallow flavor left in the beer, so that's where the style is important. Given we're talking Lucky Charms and that St. Patrick's day is coming up, I suspect it's going to be an Irish Red or Irish Stout. Either of those has enough malty flavors to keep the marshmallow in check. He also doesn't say how big the batch is. 60 pounds of anything in a 10-20 barrel batch of beer isn't going to be that impactful. A good brewer will use the right amount so that the beer has the essence of the flavor additive without being overpowering.
Yeah, just jokin'... I'm sure I wouldn't be able to tell if it was made with Lucky Charms marshmallows or dextrose.
I just hope whatever it is, it isn't dyed green :sick: ;)

Yeah, just jokin'... I'm sure I wouldn't be able to tell if it was made with Lucky Charms marshmallows or dextrose.
I just hope whatever it is, it isn't dyed green :sick: ;)
I've been into craft beer for so long now that there is nothing I won't at least try. Some of the weirdest sounding beers turn out to be great. And some of the ones that look fantastic on paper turn out awful.

A couple years ago my homebrew club had a competition where we rolled dice to determine ingredients that had to be included in a recipe we designed and then brewed. I rolled orange flavored chocolate and Fun Dip candy! I ended up putting these in a German Altbier, and it came out pretty decent.

My absolute favorite beer is Kona longboard. Best beer ever. Or any asian beer especially the Japanese beers like Asahi or Sapporo
No offense but if you live in So Cali and those are your favorite beers, you need to get out more!!! Road trip down to San Diego and check out some of the independent craft breweries. Prepare to have your mind blown! And your palate.

As you all know, I am in the middle of remodeling my basement with the addition of a small 4' wet bar. I only drink Heineken and was thinking of getting something Heineken related for the area.

What is your beer of choice and do you have anything related to the brand? Sign, glasses etc.
Since you're a fan of Heineken, you should give Grolsch a try (if you haven't already.) I find it to be a bit smoother but could also be bias from my time in the Netherlands staying in the town where it's brewed. Either way, they have cool swing top cap bottles and I also have a couple Grolsch pint glasses in the rotation.

haha none taken you're probably right! I misunderstood the thread I thought it meant beer of choice for your home game. I was talking about my favorite beer to buy at the local grocery store for the home game. What beers do you recommend?

No offense but if you live in So Cali and those are your favorite beers, you need to get out more!!! Road trip down to San Diego and check out some of the independent craft breweries. Prepare to have your mind blown! And your palate.
haha none taken you're probably right! I misunderstood the thread I thought it meant beer of choice for your home game. I was talking about my favorite beer to buy at the local grocery store for the home game. What beers do you recommend?

Yeah, good point. This thread is over 7 years old, so whatever it may have originally been intended for, it's morphed into a place where we come to post whatever good beer we're drinking at the moment. SoCal is still on my bucket list of places to visit for a beer-cation. Here in Texas, we mostly just get the biggies like Stone, Alesmith and occasionally some Modern Times or a 750 from The Bruery. Here is an article I just pulled up to get you started.

https://www.moon.com/travel/food-drink/best-craft-breweries-in-southern-california/

Good luck! Craft beer is a rabbit hole even deeper and wider than poker chips!

Yeah, good point. This thread is over 7 years old, so whatever it may have originally been intended for, it's morphed into a place where we come to post whatever good beer we're drinking at the moment. SoCal is still on my bucket list of places to visit for a beer-cation. Here in Texas, we mostly just get the biggies like Stone, Alesmith and occasionally some Modern Times or a 750 from The Bruery. Here is an article I just pulled up to get you started.

https://www.moon.com/travel/food-drink/best-craft-breweries-in-southern-california/

Good luck! Craft beer is a rabbit hole even deeper and wider than poker chips!
Thanks for the recommendations! I'm always down to check out a good brewery

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom