Your Auto Trim sale (1 Viewer)

Thanks. I am planning on picking up a kit this week but am waiting on samples first. Any suggestions on which of the 3 kits w SSC I should get? Is it worth paying more for the 65 pound rail foam?

Thanks for the pro tip! Now what size table? Bad idea to go 42x84 and try to squeeze 10 in to start tournies?

Yeah definitely get the 65 pound rail foam. Your arms will be happy you did!

Are there any substitutes for the 65 lb foam? I'm making a four piece rail for my folding topper, and I have all the other materials already. The shipping for foam from YAT really hurts.

Thanks for the pro tip! Now what size table? Bad idea to go 42x84 and try to squeeze 10 in to start tournies?

I would go a little bigger unless you have a smaller room your building it to go in. Bigger will just make it more comfortable for people. My current build is 46x84 but I only plan to play 8-9 people at each people and I was limited by the room being I've got one table in there already.

Are there any substitutes for the 65 lb foam? I'm making a four piece rail for my folding topper, and I have all the other materials already. The shipping for foam from YAT really hurts.

I believe we have a site sponsor that is located in Texas so your shipping might be significantly cheaper going through him. Texas Poker Supply is the name I think?

Say I was wanting to build a 44" by 96" table (with dealer cutout). I would want:

This for the rail? (one piece?): http://www.yourautotrim.com/1x54x1060hdr.html
and this for the table?(How many yards? Do I want extra?): http://www.yourautotrim.com/1thevaclcefo.html

Thanks

Yep that looks like the stuff. 3 yards should be ok for the foam

Gotta say I'm impressed with YAT's customer service. I just got all my foam and vinyl in from them a few days ago for my current build. The Volara foam was rolled up but it had gotten smashed flat during shipping because there was no cardboard tube in the middle to keep it in a circle.

It ended up getting creased (every 4 inches there was a crease roughly) from being smashed flat even after letting it sit unrolled out for a few days. I snapped a picture and emailed them about it and they replied back within 20 minutes and apologized and said they'd ship out a replacement piece because that piece wasn't usable.

Gotta say I'm impressed with YAT's customer service. I just got all my foam and vinyl in from them a few days ago for my current build. The Volara foam was rolled up but it had gotten smashed flat during shipping because there was no cardboard tube in the middle to keep it in a circle.

It ended up getting creased (every 4 inches there was a crease roughly) from being smashed flat even after letting it sit unrolled out for a few days. I snapped a picture and emailed them about it and they replied back within 20 minutes and apologized and said they'd ship out a replacement piece because that piece wasn't usable.

I would venture to say this happens fairly often with volara, the material is very difficult to ship a few yards without slightly damaging it. Often the damage is minimal, a few creases or a dent here and there, and if you're using SSC you won't see the creases. I've had a half dozen or so orders over the years where this happened and it needed replacement. The folks at yourautotrim are awesome and always quickly send out a replacement, but it's one of the reasons I've moved to using primarily HD foam for my table playing surfaces, it's a much more durable material that's less prone to damage (both shipping and use).

I believe the 18% was only for a week or two in January, based on the OP...

Lol, Jul and Jan - close enough to the same, right? Didn't even notice. Thanks

Thanks. I am planning on picking up a kit this week but am waiting on samples first. Any suggestions on which of the 3 kits w SSC I should get? Is it worth paying more for the 65 pound rail foam?

IMO I don't think the 65lb foam is worth it. I bought the kit that had the 50lb foam in, screwed up cutting it, so I had to buy just the foam. Decided to upgrade with the 65lb. With both in my hand, I could not tell a difference in any way...not worth it.

I would venture to say this happens fairly often with volara, the material is very difficult to ship a few yards without slightly damaging it. Often the damage is minimal, a few creases or a dent here and there, and if you're using SSC you won't see the creases. I've had a half dozen or so orders over the years where this happened and it needed replacement. The folks at yourautotrim are awesome and always quickly send out a replacement, but it's one of the reasons I've moved to using primarily HD foam for my table playing surfaces, it's a much more durable material that's less prone to damage (both shipping and use).

Regarding volara, I don't even use the stuff anymore. Headliner foam all the way for me. Plus you can almost always find it cheap locally.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom